• 1 Post By SLVR and Black

Thread: End of season coaches power poll

Hownd is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

End of season coaches power poll

R8rReed is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie

End of season coaches power poll

It really would be hard to do a good job with the trash that is on our defensive lineup.

Hungary87 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Amazing how fickle these guys are. Anybody remember the other thread with the pre-season coaches rating? Andy Reid was elite. Now he's bottom of the barrel.

2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor
    Chairman of the Board
    Allen's defense in Oakland was disappointing, but I'm not sure if any coach could save the Raiders' roster.
    Hard to argue with that.

Sig by Nexx

This is blood for blood and by the gallons. These are the old days man, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choices left. And I'm ready for war.

Hall of Famer
    Funny how everyone was blaming Bresnahan for the defense last year but this years it's the player's! Hypocrisy at it's best!!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by twoutrally View Post
    Funny how everyone was blaming Bresnahan for the defense last year but this years it's the player's! Hypocrisy at it's best!!
    It's funny how that despite losing some talent, this defense has been able to make key stops at times this year. Whereas last year they couldn't. It's funnier that you call that hypocrisy.

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by foodisgood70 View Post
    It's funny how that despite losing some talent, this defense has been able to make key stops at times this year. Whereas last year they couldn't. It's funnier that you call that hypocrisy.
    yep; last year's defense had a healthier Seymour, Wimbley, Routt, and some solid play from Curry. They also had a better offense on the other side of the ball.

The main reason for Bresnahan's criticism was his vanilla schemes. DA and Tarver are much more creative.
    heavyD and foodisgood70 like this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradoraider View Post
    The main reason for Bresnahan's criticism was his vanilla schemes. DA and Tarver are much more creative.
    Still remember NFL network interviewing Manning after the first half of the Thursday game saying the Broncos were caught off guard by what the Raiders were doing on defense. That is something we never heard under Bresnahan. IMO despite the least talent to ever grace an NFL defense you have to admire the creative schemes that have kept almost every game this year close in the first half. Obviously when teams dissect that creativity at halftime and adjust then the lack of talent gets exposed but I am pretty stoked to see what Allen and Tarver can to with real talent.
    rhumbob and SLVR and Black like this.

B. anthracis is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Still remember NFL network interviewing Manning after the first half of the Thursday game saying the Broncos were caught off guard by what the Raiders were doing on defense. That is something we never heard under Bresnahan. IMO despite the least talent to ever grace an NFL defense you have to admire the creative schemes that have kept almost every game this year close in the first half. Obviously when teams dissect that creativity at halftime and adjust then the lack of talent gets exposed but I am pretty stoked to see what Allen and Tarver can to with real talent.
    I'm torn on Tarver. He really is working with sh!t on his side of the ball, but at the same time this defense has been so incredibly inept that it's difficult to make excuses. But then I think about the overpaid underperformers and injuries and I wanna cut the guy some slack.

If he's retained, fine. There are enough viable reasons to see why our D has sucked... but man, even worse than last year? Oh well, fire Knapp, keep Tarver and see what happens.

Live.B.A.Raida is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    We knew the talent wasn't really going to be there on the defensive side of the ball, I am more disappointed with the regression of the offense.

D-Tre is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Argh, mobile links!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by B. anthracis View Post
    I'm torn on Tarver. He really is working with sh!t on his side of the ball, but at the same time this defense has been so incredibly inept that it's difficult to make excuses. But then I think about the overpaid underperformers and injuries and I wanna cut the guy some slack.

If he's retained, fine. There are enough viable reasons to see why our D has sucked... but man, even worse than last year? Oh well, fire Knapp, keep Tarver and see what happens.
    Over the last few games, they've held the Broncos to below their season average, even when the Broncos had a short field for more times than they should, handed the Chiefs their only shut out of the year and only allowed 17 points to Carolina, who scored 30 and 31 points in their previous two games. Remember how the Raider D finished out last season?
    rhumbob likes this.

Thread Information