Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: New offensive coordinator

uglyorc is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_dick_steele View Post
    The coordinator will be someone that either runs or has run the ZBS. Both Reggie and DA want that offense, and why not it works for many other teams. Colts run a variation of it and thier QB coach has been there for quite a few years, maybe someone to look at. Other than that, I don't really know anyone imparticular. Someone mentioned Tedford, what offense did he run?

Where do you get that Reggie wants the ZBS? He didnt pick Knapp. He only signed Brisiel, drafted Bergstrom, and cut Barksdale because Allen had already chosen Knapp. I thought the rumor was that McKenzie was never that fond of Knapp. I'm not even sold on Allen desiring to use the ZBS. I cant tell you why Allen chose Knapp but I dont think it was because Allen was insisting on a zone running game. Allen is a defensive coach. He's coached on teams that have used traditional power blocking. I dont believe he's sold on using ZBS and I definately dont believe McKenzie is.

DaHero75 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    If ken whisenhunt is fired in Arizona I would love him as an OC....

uglyorc is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

Andy Reid is the simple answer

Reid uses a version of the WCO that is focused on speed. He isnt afraid to take chances. He throws deep a lot. He loves to send the RBs on pass routes. He runs a lot of draws. He could utilize the players we have and succeed, unlike Knapp.

RavenRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by uglyorc View Post
    Reid uses a version of the WCO that is focused on speed. He isnt afraid to take chances. He throws deep a lot. He loves to send the RBs on pass routes. He runs a lot of draws. He could utilize the players we have and succeed, unlike Knapp.

Reid is going to be the new DisCharger HC (or another teams HC). Reid isn't coming back to be an OC.....

I live near E-Girl country. They filed tampering charges against SD last year. Reid would have been SD HC if he was fired last year....
    In the Kingdom of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King.......

No Quarterback with pick 5. Especially the noodle arm Bridgewater or Carr V2.0.......

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenRaider View Post
    Emerald Bowl Review: Part IX: Zone Blocking Creates A Numerical Advantage - California Golden Blogs

he actually ran both but they moved to more zone later in his career at Cal.
    Thanks for the link. that was informative. The principles of Zone seem simple. I wish we could execute it successfully.

raiderjohn622 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by uglyorc View Post
    Where do you get that Reggie wants the ZBS? He didnt pick Knapp. He only signed Brisiel, drafted Bergstrom, and cut Barksdale because Allen had already chosen Knapp. I thought the rumor was that McKenzie was never that fond of Knapp. I'm not even sold on Allen desiring to use the ZBS. I cant tell you why Allen chose Knapp but I dont think it was because Allen was insisting on a zone running game. Allen is a defensive coach. He's coached on teams that have used traditional power blocking. I dont believe he's sold on using ZBS and I definately dont believe McKenzie is.
    Knapp was the OC in Atlanta, while Allen was there in 2004-2005 as a DB coach.

I think Allen needs more input with the offense. Its all good and well to rest your defense, but you need to score to even sniff a win. In recent weeks, I've noticed the defense experimenting with things, 2 down lineman, with Houston standing as an edge rusher. Nothing offensively, give Pryor 50% of the snaps in Carolina, we know Palmer and Leinart.

Starter
    Al Saunders...

He has experience coaching most of these guys, he's smart and he will get the most out of our O.

RaiderJ is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    We need someone that fits the skill level and not someone who fits a certain style that DA likes. DA can't afford to wait 2-3 years to turnover the roster and for stuff to work.

Honestly his choice really will be telling of if he will survive. We all knew knapp was a disaster waiting to happen. The other coordinators haven't panned out either. If he brings in a retread might as well fire him too so we don't waste another season

raiderjohn622 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoLA View Post
    I hope we can go the college route and try to find another Tarver who wants a chance to prove themselves in NFL.
    Go back to Stanford and see if Pep Hamilton wants to make the jump. I'd agree that we should go the college route....like with Tarver, you get a guy who's been a coordinator at a different level, brings new ideas. We're not getting Payton, Gruden for sure, we've seen what a retread does in Knapp, lets pick the brain of someone from the collegiate level.

ismail86 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon1qb View Post
    Al Saunders...

He has experience coaching most of these guys, he's smart and he will get the most out of our O.
    I agree but from what I hear he doesn't want the responsibility.

lapays is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Chip Kelly, i have a feeling he could make our offense dynamic.

MDR8ERFAN is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by ismail86 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon1qb View Post
    Al Saunders...

I agree but from what I hear he doesn't want the responsibility.
    This... He's had the opportunity to leave to be an OC and opted to stay. I don't think he has much interest in calling plays anymore. I think the last time he was calling plays was back in 2008.

prolific is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by oakpyrate81 View Post
    HC/OC !!

lmao, stop...

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    We should go out and get someone from the Patriot coaching tree.

Maybe Bill O'Brien if he steps down at Penn State.
    Name the last successful Patriot coordinator who's had success elsewhere? (O'Brien stepping down to the college ranks, I can give you that I suppose, but I was more or less talking about in the League)

Also, you're absolutely crazy if you think O'Brien leaves State, period.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenRaider View Post
    Jeff Tedford
    As a Bear fan, yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by lapays View Post
    He'll be looking at a payday as a head coach, not a coordinator lol.

Maybe we can get some realistic names at some point...
    coRaider likes this.

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by lapays View Post
    If he comes, expect a change at qb. Bc there ain't no way in holy hell Palmer can run his offense.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information