Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Knapp's Rape of the Raider Offense Was Foretold in 2008

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by huggeebear View Post
    W0W! I never saw it like that but when you point it out like that...omg. We are the definition of doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result. 
    I don't know what DA's major was at Texas A&M, but something tells me it wasn't History.

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by J Raid View Post
    We're the only organization in pro sports that continues to make the same mistake twice.

Shell/Walsh 2.0 Results: 32nd ranked scoring offense (168 pts scored)

Bresnahan 2.0 Results: 29th ranked scoring defense (433 pts allowed)

Knapp 2.0 Results: 29th ranked scoring offense (269 pts scored)

And here i thought the madness would end with Al gone...silly me.

I see that and laugh to myself that others want to bring Gruden back. lol

I understand that he was a good coach while he was here, but with the failures of the 2.0's, you would think people would kind of shy away from it.

Marlo Black is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Knapp's Rape of the Raider Offense Was Foretold in 2008

By this moron having a slow statue pocket passer run boots and such he raped Carson Palmer too and possibly ended his career

B. anthracis is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_dick_steele View Post
    I see that and laugh to myself that others want to bring Gruden back. lol

I understand that he was a good coach while he was here, but with the failures of the 2.0's, you would think people would kind of shy away from it.
    Agreed. While Gruden wouldn't be the worst we could do, it's far more likely that he would fail rather than bringing back past glory. Besides, was it all that glorious anyway? Exactly how many Superbowls did we win under him? I don't mean to discount what he did while he was here but some people act like we were an NFL dynasty under the guy when in fact for two years under him we were only among the best teams in the league, not the best.

And would we have gotten to the Superbowl under him? Callahan did take Gruden's team to the SB but he did it by opening the offense up and moving away from Gruden's conservative style. And yes, Gruden won a Superbowl with the Bucs, but that was Dungy's team and Kiffin's monster defense that got him there. And the main reasons he won the damn thing was due to the near astronomical-odds occurrences that 1) He would face us and 2) Our starting center had a psychotic break the night before the game. That's something that a B movie script writer couldn't come up with.

When Gruden had full reign over the Bucs, they went downhill fast. And now he has a relatively cush job calling games for ESPN and makes a ton of money doing it while living in he and his wife's home state. IOW, how driven would the guy be? How could he be as hungry as we was when he first came here?

If and when we get a new HC it needs to be someone that hasn't been here before.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlo Black View Post
    By this moron having a slow statue pocket passer run boots and such he raped Carson Palmer too and possibly ended his career
    Prolific rapist he is.
    "The Media hated Davis because he kept his mouth shut when it counted and didn't bend over to their tactics. Most NFL owners hated Davis because he was a 'them', having worked his way up, and also because he had no problem hiring minorities when no one else would. You can only have so many people saying bad things about you before the sheep believe it...And now, the sheep don't even know why they hate the Raiders, it's just always been that way..." - Sir Pig

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by B. anthracis View Post
    Agreed. While Gruden wouldn't be the worst we could do, it's far more likely that he would fail rather than bringing back past glory. Besides, was it all that glorious anyway? Exactly how many Superbowls did we win under him? I don't mean to discount what he did while he was here but some people act like we were an NFL dynasty under the guy when in fact for two years under him we were only among the best teams in the league, not the best.

And would we have gotten to the Superbowl under him? Callahan did take Gruden's team to the SB but he did it by opening the offense up and moving away from Gruden's conservative style. And yes, Gruden won a Superbowl with the Bucs, but that was Dungy's team and Kiffin's monster defense that got him there. And the main reasons he won the damn thing was due to the near astronomical-odds occurrences that 1) He would face us and 2) Our starting center had a psychotic break the night before the game. That's something that a B movie script writer couldn't come up with.

When Gruden had full reign over the Bucs, they went downhill fast. And now he has a relatively cush job calling games for ESPN and makes a ton of money doing it while living in he and his wife's home state. IOW, how driven would the guy be? How could he be as hungry as we was when he first came here?

If and when we get a new HC it needs to be someone that hasn't been here before.
    Just to add, why would people want to ruin what a great time it was to have him here at that time? To regain past glory is very, very hard to do, especially with the same team, look at Gibbs in Washington, or even Shell here.
    huggeebear and B. anthracis like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information