Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Does Dennis Allen have something against Pryor?

JoeRaider is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

Does Dennis Allen have something against Pryor?

He seems to have something against Pryor, he doesn't seem to want to put him in the game at all.it seems like he almost resents having the calls for Pryor to be put in the game. I'm betting he names matt as the starter this week with Palmer being out with injury.

Commit2Excel is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Put it this way: right now, Pryor is as good an NFL QB as DA is a Head Coach.

Both are in way over their respective heads.
    Willmark likes this.

Hall of Famer

I think either him or knapp have made it personal. No CP3 why consider a washed up waste of space Matty L?
    AF1PIMPN likes this.

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Truthfully from what I am told he is not impressed with his progress. He sees he is working hard but he does not feel he is ready. That being said there is a good chance Pryor will either start or get play time if Leinart ends up starting and falters again.
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN
    2014 OAKLAND RAIDERS: BUILDING THE FUTURE ONE PIECE AT A TIME

"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." John Madden
    Join our Social Group: House of Thrills Tailgating Crew. Post your pics. Tell us your experiences.
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/groups/house-thrills-tailgating-crew.html

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by reapersgt View Post
    I think either him or knapp have made it personal. No CP3 why consider a washed up waste of space Matty L?
    It's real simple. Carson will be the starter next season. Leinart on the other hand is no lock as a backup. Pryor is still young enough and raw enough to hold the clipboard and learn the game from the sidelines. He's not rotting away on the bench and if he is showing up in practice, his time will come. A kid like Pryor who was a star in high school and college needs to be humbled before he gets his chance, plain and simple. My prediction is he'll still be the 3rd string QB next season and Leinart will be gone. I have nothing against Pryor, I like his potential. I just think like with a young D.A., people have to be patient.

We have to see what we have in Leinart before we start messing around with TP. Any coach would do the same thing.

Dragurd is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer
    I think when RM made it known he would like to evaluate Pryor in a game that might be exactly what happened. Either Knapp or DA decided that it was knock on their evauation skills and come hell or highwater they weren't going to do it.
    AF1PIMPN likes this.

Commit2Excel is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    If Pryor had the talent to start in the NFL he would have at least sniffed the field by this time. Fact is, that his college football career was a mirage where he never developed the passing skills or ability to read defenses that is necessary to be successful in the NFL.

AF1PIMPN is offline Banned
    All-Pro
    It's quite obvious at dis point. It's out of pure nepotism dat Lienart is even here & kept at "#2" in da 1st place. #BlackCloud
    Dark Gable likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by STiG909 View Post
    It's real simple. Carson will be the starter next season. Leinart on the other hand is no lock as a backup. Pryor is still young enough and raw enough to hold the clipboard and learn the game from the sidelines. He's not rotting away on the bench and if he is showing up in practice, his time will come. A kid like Pryor who was a star in high school and college needs to be humbled before he gets his chance, plain and simple. My prediction is he'll still be the 3rd string QB next season and Leinart will be gone. I have nothing against Pryor, I like his potential. I just think like with a young D.A., people have to be patient.

We have to see what we have in Leinart before we start messing around with TP. Any coach would do the same thing.
    So you're saying with all the film and time Knapp spent with Leinart at Houston he still doesn't know what he has in him...

His talent evualation may be worse than we thought!

*edit I think Palmer should be our starter next year, but he's out...what do we have to lose?
    Dark Gable likes this.

Skvllz is offline Banned
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider Ran View Post
    Truthfully from what I am told he is not impressed with his progress. He sees he is working hard but he does not feel he is ready. That being said there is a good chance Pryor will either start or get play time if Leinart ends up starting and falters again.
    And from what I am 'told' Dennis Allen doesn't know how to coach a football team. Works both ways I guess..

Marlo Black is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

I wonder if he has something against not just Pryor but the whole team cause they suck under his coaching hires and under his direction. I don't trust any of these coaches with talent evaluation

RAIDERSUBEEZY is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    TP has been playing footall since he age of 6, number 1 recruit coming out of high school.. I hardly believe he cant' play football in the NFL.. He looked pretty good in the 3rd preseason game.. Dennis and Staff are a bunch of Idiots... This team is lost without a real head coach....

Terrelle Pryor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MDR8ERFAN is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by STiG909 View Post

So you're saying with all the film and time Knapp spent with Leinart at Houston he still doesn't know what he has in him...

His talent evualation may be worse than we thought!

*edit I think Palmer should be our starter next year, but he's out...what do we have to lose?
    Pryors confidence which would be the end of the road for him. Maybe DA has nothing against him except he thinks he's not ready so he doesn't want to see him lose his confidence from a ba game.

Be_St is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Leinart is way worse than I remembered. He threw numerous terrible balls versus Carolina and showed no heart at all. He has no arm and is able to throw just screen pass.
    Pryor can't be worse then him.
    We need to start Pryor.

ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeRaider View Post
    He seems to have something against Pryor, he doesn't seem to want to put him in the game at all.it seems like he almost resents having the calls for Pryor to be put in the game. I'm betting he names matt as the starter this week with Palmer being out with injury.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information