Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Palmer will not play against Chargers

raiderrod is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    I hope Pryor plays. I am skeptical that he can develop into a good NFL quarterback. I would LOVE to have him prove me wrong. There is nothing to lose (other than a meaningless game to the Chargers).

B. anthracis is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by super_6ix_4our View Post
    I guess that's the right call...no reason to risk Palmer on a meaningless game. That being said, Leinert really made me miss Palmer...Leinert truly made an already anemic offense look even more anemic.
    On first glance it appears that way. But his stats overall weren't so bad. I'm not saying he played great because he didn't. But in terms of production we were right on schedule with our last 5 games.

As for who's going to start Sunday, I'd like to see Pryor. OTOH when we're talking about evaluation, it wouldn't hurt to see Leinart get his share either. Normally you wouldn't want to have two starting quarterbacks but back in the 80s the Dolphins did it for a few years and had success with it. To do the same for one game would be interesting. Each guy gets a decent amount of playing time. But I expect Leinart will start and Pryor will get some plays here and there. That seems to be the MO of the coaching staff right now.

raiderrod is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    An old article regarding Pryor prior to the supplemental draft.

Terrelle Pryor's choices may be NFL supplemental draft, CFL, UFL - Don Banks - SI.com

Will be interesting to see how much he has developed. If he gets the opportunity.

Hall of Famer
    Pryor is even more of a pathetic QB then Leinart otherwise he would of played much more once Palmer went out.
    Just like Tebow is 3rd string for a reason, so is Pryor. Did you see pryors pass to palmer with absolutely no pressure on him and he just floats it over their.
    kid isn't a passer hes a runner. He better switch positions soon before he's out of the league for good.
    Mr Terrific likes this.

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Bullsh*t.
    When given a chance Pryor might very well prove to be an elite NFL QB.
    LET THE MAN PLAY SOME FOOTBALL ALREADY.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    Pryor is even more of a pathetic QB then Leinart otherwise he would of played much more once Palmer went out.
    Just like Tebow is 3rd string for a reason, so is Pryor. Did you see pryors pass to palmer with absolutely no pressure on him and he just floats it over their.
    kid isn't a passer hes a runner. He better switch positions soon before he's out of the league for good.
    max modem likes this.

Raidaguy831 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by super_6ix_4our View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaguy831 View Post
    Yes!!!!Its sad too say that I'm that happy about Palmer being out for the remainder of the season.One more time"Yes"!!!Now let Pryor beat out Leinart.I don't think that will be that hard.And if he dose not then I hope Leinart gose down next...There I said it....
    Sure thing buddy. Then when TP starts to **** the bed you want him hurt too? Let's all start clamoring for Lechler at QB next in anticipation.
    Actually no I don't but I would much rather see him sink or float then to see Lienart keep tossing screens....And if nothing else I would rather see Lechler toss a few since at this point the season is over.

DAYFM is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    Damn bro, you're right. Didn't even think of that. I was hoping Pryor would throw a laser over to the surehanded Palmer. As a matter of fact, why didn't Pryor lead Palmer? There was plenty of room in which Carson Palmer, the former All-American RB, could have made something happen. Pryor needs to trust the hands of a 33 year old non-mobile QB more.

Hall of Famer
    Pryor starting will be just what the city of San Diego needs. A sellout!
    R.I.P. Stacey Toran, Marquise Cooper

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Deja vu all over again.

Pryor will have a good day due to the inability of the SD defense to gameplan effectively for this new face. In spite of warning signs and outright speculation from learned sources, Raiders fans will go into a nutzo frenzy dividing the nation in a bitter war of reason vs fanaticism. It will put the management team in a horrible quandary, stretching into the second season. In the end, it will take a hard call which pisses off half the fan base, as Pryor is moved to the other side of the nation, where... amid a new set of rabid fans, he fails miserably and falls from limelight, though not quickly.

No thanks. I've done the Tebow thing in Denver already. Wasn't fun the first time.
    RealRaider and foodisgood70 like this.

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Bill Romanowski was on t.v. today saying the Raiders should sign Tebow. He was serious.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighRaider View Post
    Deja vu all over again.

Pryor will have a good day due to the inability of the SD defense to gameplan effectively for this new face. In spite of warning signs and outright speculation from learned sources, Raiders fans will go into a nutzo frenzy dividing the nation in a bitter war of reason vs fanaticism. It will put the management team in a horrible quandary, stretching into the second season. In the end, it will take a hard call which pisses off half the fan base, as Pryor is moved to the other side of the nation, where... amid a new set of rabid fans, he fails miserably and falls from limelight, though not quickly.

No thanks. I've done the Tebow thing in Denver already. Wasn't fun the first time.

blah_blah is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_Raider_Fan View Post
    Bill Romanowski was on t.v. today saying the Raiders should sign Tebow. He was serious.
    Had no idea we are going to be running the Wing T offense.

Jmac89 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

Palmer will not play against Chargers

Lainart and Pryor both suck
    trur8r and Mr Terrific like this.

Commit2Excel is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac89 View Post
    Lainart and Pryor both suck
    Leinart, yes. Pryor=yet to be determined for certain

All indications thusfar are that Pryor is not NFL material at QB. A worthy coach of a 4-12 team that has apparently been given a pass on this disaster of a season would do himself well to allow Pryor to prove that he is worthy of continuing to take up a valuable roster spot.

R8RRICK is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I just know Pryor will not be the starter next week. He'll probably be in for a few series if we're that lucky to see him get that much playing time. DA don't give a **** about what the fans want. He's trying to give this team the best opportunity to win games. I used to think Hue Jackson was full of ****, but to me, DA is the icing of the cake when it comes to being FOS!

Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    I have no doubt that the Raiders will end up with the 3rd pick in the draft
    trur8r likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information