• 2 Post By LKNRaiderFan
  • 2 Post By RaiderMike29
  • 3 Post By Metallica0688
  • 1 Post By SF_Raider_Fan

Thread: Online petition (money talks)

ryj01 is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie

Online petition (money talks)

I for one am sick and tired of seeing the Raiders and the organization as a bunch of losers. They are turning into the kc Royals of football. Since everything is about money, I am not going to financially support this pathetic football team and organization until they get their head out of their a$$. I will send an email, expressing my frustration and the need of Mark Davis to hire proven NFL GM, Hc ect before I spend my hard earned money. I am saddened to see all the hopeful Raider Nation members at the games with their families and then get rewarded with sub par football. Sorry for my rant!
    raiders_fan67 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ryj01 View Post
    I for one am sick and tired of seeing the Raiders and the organization as a bunch of losers. They are turning into the kc Royals of football. Since everything is about money, I am not going to financially support this pathetic football team and organization until they get their head out of their a$$. I will send an email, expressing my frustration and the need of Mark Davis to hire proven NFL GM, Hc ect before I spend my hard earned money. I am saddened to see all the hopeful Raider Nation members at the games with their families and then get rewarded with sub par football. Sorry for my rant!
    an email won't do anything. the only thing that will work is if you put a billboard up in the oakland area.

Chairman of the Board
    The bums probaly read e-mails just like the evaluate NFL talent.

InfaRaider likes this.

MDR8ERFAN is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Online petition (money talks)

I have question what experienced GM outside of Matt Millen is going to come to Oakland? RM was one of the hottest GM candidates out there and Mark got him. If he fires him after one year he will make the Raiders a complete joke to the league. What does it say to every experienced HC or GM if Mark fires both guys after one year? Everyone in the NFL knew this was a tough job for a GM and I'm surprised RM took it. I think Al did amazing things for the NFL and the Raiders but he also put them in a very bad spot. If Mark turns into Al of the past 10 years I'd suggest some of you start finding other teams because this season will probably be up for what the future would hold. A lot of you talk about us cutting guys too early or not letting a player develop. Our GM and HC are rookies and yet no one wants them to develop you'd rather just see them gone. I think a lot of you overlook the fact that beyond fixing the bad contracts, cap situation, and getting some better players that the organization needs to become more stable. If they continue to fire guys especially after we have a normal set up of an organization you will never get your veteran coaches or good assistants. You all clamor for DA and RM to get fired but you fail to realize our next GM and HC would another first year guy, maybe someone like Norv with another first year GM or Matt Millen. Until its proven the Al Davis days are gone this is how it is for now but it's been 10 years what's 2 more.

truepirate1966 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR8ERFAN View Post
    I have question what experienced GM outside of Matt Millen is going to come to Oakland? RM was one of the hottest GM candidates out there and Mark got him. If he fires him after one year he will make the Raiders a complete joke to the league. What does it say to every experienced HC or GM if Mark fires both guys after one year? Everyone in the NFL knew this was a tough job for a GM and I'm surprised RM took it. I think Al did amazing things for the NFL and the Raiders but he also put them in a very bad spot. If Mark turns into Al of the past 10 years I'd suggest some of you start finding other teams because this season will probably be up for what the future would hold. A lot of you talk about us cutting guys too early or not letting a player develop. Our GM and HC are rookies and yet no one wants them to develop you'd rather just see them gone. I think a lot of you overlook the fact that beyond fixing the bad contracts, cap situation, and getting some better players that the organization needs to become more stable. If they continue to fire guys especially after we have a normal set up of an organization you will never get your veteran coaches or good assistants. You all clamor for DA and RM to get fired but you fail to realize our next GM and HC would another first year guy, maybe someone like Norv with another first year GM or Matt Millen. Until its proven the Al Davis days are gone this is how it is for now but it's been 10 years what's 2 more.
    From what I'm reading on here lately, I think it's only a real small percentage of people on here who really want RM and DA fired and like myself, i believe the majority of people want Knapp and maybe a few other assistant coaches replaced, with more competent coaches, other than that point, I fully agree with most of your post.
    Palehorse likes this.

Hall of Famer

I see it is time for me to return to the Premium forum...
    WymanV and CLatino like this.

RaiderMike29 is offline Limited Membership
    Starter

Exactly. Fire McKenzie and Allen! And what happens if the Raiders go 5-11 next year? Are you going to fire the GM and HC again? Next year is a big year for Allen. I think he better go at least 8-8 and have the team playing well in December. McKenzie will not be going anyplace for a while. He will get to hire a second coach before he'll be shown the door. The guy hasn't even had a REAL draft yet or any money (cap room) in free agency to sign meaningful players. That's not excuses, that's reality.

I was surprised and concerned to even read Mark Davis was considering changing coaches/GM. IMHO that would be the WORST thing to do. Stay the course... but expect things from McKenzie and Allen going forward.
    JUSTWINBABY9111 and TokyoLA like this.

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LKNRaiderFan View Post

I see it is time for me to return to the Premium forum...
    Take me with you!!!!!

Ah, I'll just have to pony up the cash in another week or two.

Hall of Famer
    THANK YOU. Like I've said before, we have for the most part a Dollar General team and some of you are expecting a Dillard's or Macy's performance.

Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Yeah let's fire the GM and HC once again this season cause it is really worked so well the past decade for us 7 HC coaches now since Gruden was traded for us .

7 straight losing seasons tied for the most we have had as a team for the first 40 years .
    That yes we are now going to finish once again 4-12 or 5-11 for the year .
    Not like we haven't seen this before okay and we will see this again to long after RM and DA is
    Gone from the team to in the future .

But let's take a look at the team Ron and Reggie came from a moment here okay .
    Packers another historic team that after Lombardi left in '67 the Packers is had 5 HC before Wolf was hired as GM in November of 91' .

They had 4 winning seasons during that 22 year span .
    4 seasons of being 8-8 and 14 seasons of losing record .

Two seasons they went to the postseason 72' and 82' Dan Devine and Bart Starr was the coach for those periods .

That Ron came in and hired a rookie HC in Mike Holmgren and which hired a rookie DC in Ray Rhodes while also having 30 new players on the roster from the 91 team .

Now also had cap space and draft picks to trade and used his cap space to sign the #1 f/a then of Reggie White .

RM had zero picks to trade for significant moves and no cap space to try and sign his Reggie White here this season or likely next either that can make the players around him better because of his ability and Leadership .

Let's see what RM can do once he gets a full draft and some cap space to sign his players here .
    Before judging his ability of being a NFL GM that was highly sought after for other teams vacant GM roles like Chicago and Indy to name a few of them .
    Yet his choice was to come to the most difficult spot to succeed to be his first time cause easily could of stayed in Green Bay if he didn't like his choices for them .
    Last edited by Metallica0688; 12-24-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    truepirate1966, Jermeh and TokyoLA like this.

truepirate1966 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallica0688 View Post
    Yeah let's fire the GM and HC once again this season cause it is really worked so well the past decade for us 7 HC coaches now since Gruden was traded for us .

7 straight losing seasons tied for the most we have had as a team for the first 40 years .
    That yes we are now going to finish once again 4-12 or 5-11 for the year .
    Not like we haven't seen this before okay and we will see this again to long after RM and DA is
    Gone from the team to in the future .

But let's take a look at the team Ron and Reggie came from a moment here okay .
    Packers another historic team that after Lombardi left in '67 the Packers is had 5 HC before Wolf was hired as GM in November of 91' .

They had 4 winning seasons during that 22 year span .
    4 seasons of being 8-8 and 14 seasons of losing record .

Two seasons they went to the postseason 72' and 82' Dan Devine and Bart Starr was the coach for those periods .

That Ron came in and hired a rookie HC in Mike Holmgren and which hired a rookie DC in Ray Rhodes while also having 30 new played on the roster from the 91 team .

Now also had cap space and draft picks to trade and used his cap space to sign the #1 f/a then of Reggie White .

RM had zero picks to trade for significant moves and no cap space to try and sign his Reggie White here this season or likely next either that can make the players around him better because of his ability and Leadership .

Let's see what RM can do once he gets a full draft and some cap space to sign his players here .
    Before judging his ability of being a NFL GM that was highly sought after for other teams vacant GM roles like Chicago and Indy to name a few of them .
    Yet his choice was to come to the most difficult spot to succeed to be his first time cause easily could of stayed in Green Bay if he didn't like his choices for them .
    Very good points and thanks for the history lesson regarding the turn around for GB, I had forgotten how irrelevant they were before 91 and for how long.

raiders_fan67 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    The ones that go to the Home games are the ones that have to make a stand. You will have to boycott some games or someone needs to bring signs that tell them every raider fan is sick of losing every year. If Knapp comes back we are screwed no matter who our qb is. Go to to their head quarters this week with signs this week with signs like fire Knapp and bring Gruden back. If I lived out there close I would go. Do something now so you can have some hope for next year

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    RM was one of the hottest GM candidates out there and Mark got him..
    Bullsh*t. Mark Davis got suckered into hiring Mckenzie by Ron Wolf, Madden, and probably some other old timers who had their heydays 40 years ago.
    trur8r likes this.

Thread Information