Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Why should Knapp, Tarver, and Hoffman be retained for another year? Why?

Assassin76 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Tarver is ok i would keep him but someone please tell him to stop sending in guys who blitz from 20 yards out?
    speedkills likes this.

coogi is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    knapp returning isnt huge but IMO keeping the system would be good..spteams has looked pretty bad but honestly when have our return teams looked good when ford was out???our kick and punt coverages have always been pretty hit or miss game to game..i would love to upgrade it but IMO OC would be a bigger need..i honestly think our spteams will be upgraded just by our draft and FA pickups..as far as defense im not sure you can put alot of blame on tarver just yet..just the rolando factor alone was bad enough..he was stuck wasting his time trying to turn that guy into the leader of our defense...we have a 10 million dollar DT who only player like 4 games all year..and another one who got a penalty who about every single game this year...GIO is not a starting FS..gaither replacing rolando was like gradkowski replacing jamarcus..sure it feels better but it doesnt really help us win games either...our corners need to go..id give hanson and adams another year to show they dont just look good because eveyone else sucks..huff can stay if he takes a paycut..a real paycut not just moving his money around..

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by coogi View Post
    knapp returning isnt huge but IMO keeping the system would be good..spteams has looked pretty bad but honestly when have our return teams looked good when ford was out???our kick and punt coverages have always been pretty hit or miss game to game..i would love to upgrade it but IMO OC would be a bigger need..i honestly think our spteams will be upgraded just by our draft and FA pickups..as far as defense im not sure you can put alot of blame on tarver just yet..just the rolando factor alone was bad enough..he was stuck wasting his time trying to turn that guy into the leader of our defense...we have a 10 million dollar DT who only player like 4 games all year..and another one who got a penalty who about every single game this year...GIO is not a starting FS..gaither replacing rolando was like gradkowski replacing jamarcus..sure it feels better but it doesnt really help us win games either...our corners need to go..id give hanson and adams another year to show they dont just look good because eveyone else sucks..huff can stay if he takes a paycut..a real paycut not just moving his money around..
    And this is why I can't hold any coach responsible for this *ucked up team. Our players totally suck so what the *uck can a coach do with these clowns? I'm sure there will be better assistant coaches available in the future but until we get some legit NFL starting talent it really won't matter who the coach is.
    Idaraider! likes this.

Disclaimer: Any of my comments posted here are not directed at any RFN members. It's just my opinion.

http://youtu.be/d29VsG35DQM
    Practice?

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    And this is why I can't hold any coach responsible for this *ucked up team. Our players totally suck so what the *uck can a coach do with these clowns? I'm sure there will be better assistant coaches available in the future but until we get some legit NFL starting talent it really won't matter who the coach is.
    Uncle I respectfully disagree

These coaches get paid money to do a job just like the rest of working people. If I don't perform at a certain level at my job they will get rid of me. If we hire a person and they do not have the ingredients for what we feel are long term success we get rid of them after 60 days.

Greg Knapp's offense is uncreative, boring, and unproductive. His offense has not score at TD in 2 weeks. He has players to work with he just does not use them to their strenghts. Sorry but Greg Knapp is a horrible Offensive Coordinator and needs to get the f-- out.

Tarver....Im on the fence with him. At least the defense shows some kind of LIFE

Hoffman is horrible. The special teams stink. Kickoff coverage is ass, Punt coverage is ass, the only good thing about the special teams is Janikowski. Lechler and his $4 million dollars can walk out the door after next week. Give the job the Marquette King.

Some of the players are bums yes. Some of these coaches (Knapp and Hoffman especially) are bums as well. Get them all out of here!

Hall of Famer
    over the past few weeks tarver has shown a sign sign of improvement, and more than it seems to be honest. Charles has been ripping teams up this year and we shut him down and the team out! Panthers Newton had been KILLING everyone lately and we were able to take him out of his game compared to His recent performances. I won't be mad if he comes back next year. NOW BESIDES THAT I'LL BE FURIOUS TO THE POINT OF KICKING PUPPIES AT THE SIGHT OF KNAPP NEXT YEAR!! Hell DA isn't too far off either for that matter..
    POKE likes this.

coogi is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by POKE View Post

These coaches get paid money to do a job just like the rest of working people. If I don't perform at a certain level at my job they will get rid of me. If we hire a person and they do not have the ingredients for what we feel are long term success we get rid of them after 60 days.

Greg Knapp's offense is uncreative, boring, and unproductive. His offense has not score at TD in 2 weeks. He has players to work with he just does not use them to their strenghts. Sorry but Greg Knapp is a horrible Offensive Coordinator and needs to get the f-- out.

Tarver....Im on the fence with him. At least the defense shows some kind of LIFE

Hoffman is horrible. The special teams stink. Kickoff coverage is ass, Punt coverage is ass, the only good thing about the special teams is Janikowski. Lechler and his $4 million dollars can walk out the door after next week. Give the job the Marquette King.

Some of the players are bums yes. Some of these coaches (Knapp and Hoffman especially) are bums as well. Get them all out of here!
    knapp certainly can be upgraded that isnt really a question at this point..im not sure anyone is even arguing that point..the fact remains though that the players arent even executing very simple plays..guys cant block, cant catch. cant find the right hole(DMC)..is knapp to blame too??sure hes partly to blame but how people are putting it all on him just makes no sense IMO..if they were executing the plays well and we were still losing i could see him taking all the blame..
    MadBomber24 likes this.

Veteran
    knapp certainly can be upgraded that isnt really a question at this point..im not sure anyone is even arguing that point..the fact remains though that the players arent even executing very simple plays..guys cant block, cant catch. cant find the right hole(DMC)..is knapp to blame too??sure hes partly to blame but how people are putting it all on him just makes no sense IMO..if they were executing the plays well and we were still losing i could see him taking all the blame..
    agree, I'm all for getting rid of Knapp and upgrading, but until we get some real football players you could have Coryell and Bill Walsh as coordinators and the team will still suck.

leafs43 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Tarver has not only shown improvement but with the amount of injuries he has had to deal with, it's amazing we are not getting blown out every week.

Tarver's defense held Peyton Manning to 4 red zone field goals.....Nobody has done that this year.
    mike taylor likes this.

IronRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Tarver didn't have much to work with, he gets a pass.

Knapp MUST go, he SUCKS!!!!!!!!! Our O is boring, predictable, and unimaginative!!!!

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    You are out of control man. Get a grip.

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    It may be that Mark Davis does not want fire anybody who is still owed money from an employment contract.

Somebody make me laugh and tell me why any of these HORRIBLE coordinators (Knapp, Tarver, Hoffman) should be allowed to coach the Raiders another year.

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    New slogan is Commitment to Continuity.
    Banners will be up at o.Co for the 2013 season.

So Commitment To Excellence means nothing then? For the sake of Continuity? Hahahahahahahah...

Chairman of the Board

Just curious what strengths you think our players have that are not being used? You and others have made that argument but none (or maybe I missed that post) have elaborated on what that means.

Early in the year I saw many posts asking why we dont run screens. Yesterday I saw several complaining about the screens. People complain about running the toss on 3rd and short but we have run every play you can think of in that situation and they all have been blown up, including the straight ahead quick lead with DMAC. We have failed to run every type of play in every type of situation you can have. Time after time the players fail to execute.

DMAC has all of a sudden lost the ability to break tackles (any tackle) so even when the holes are there he gets tackled by the first guy to touch him every time. The rest of our players are either having their best years or are doing what they always have done.
    XRamfan likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post
    Just curious what strengths you think our players have that are not being used? You and others have made that argument but none (or maybe I missed that post) have elaborated on what that means.

Early in the year I saw many posts asking why we dont run screens. Yesterday I saw several complaining about the screens. People complain about running the toss on 3rd and short but we have run every play you can think of in that situation and they all have been blown up, including the straight ahead quick lead with DMAC. We have failed to run every type of play in every type of situation you can have. Time after time the players fail to execute.

DMAC has all of a sudden lost the ability to break tackles (any tackle) so even when the holes are there he gets tackled by the first guy to touch him every time. The rest of our players are either having their best years or are doing what they always have done.
    Yep, I was thinking the same thing last night watching Lynch make gains on HB toss plays against the best D in the NFL. It all comes down to execution.
    Ted Nugent being interviewed by a British journalist.
    The journalist asked, "What do you think the last thought is in the head of a deer before you shoot it? Is it, `Are you my friend?` or is it `Are you the one who killed my brother?'"

Nugent replied, "They aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French in that way."

leafs43 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post

You run screens to stop a pass rush.

The Panthers were getting little to no pass rush.

Instead the Panthers played max coverage...which snuff out screens easily.

This was Knapp not knowing his elbow from his asshole.
    VaderIsARaider likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information