Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Pryor Downgraded???

j_sizzle is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

Pryor Downgraded???

to what? What possibly could they push him further down the depth chart to? Allen: Pryor not ready to be backup quarterback yet | CSN Bay Area

If any1 knows anything plz share cause I find this odd?

CHARLOTTE -- All season long, Terrelle Pryor has played the role of good soldier.

The third-string quarterback has said the right things about biding his time, about learning at the knee of Carson Palmer, about waiting for his time to come and not being impatient or frustrated.

But after Palmer was knocked out in the first quarter, Matt Leinart was uneven and Pryor was used as a wrinkle three times in the Raiders' 17-6 loss to Carolina Sunday, might Pryor have shown a glimpse of his true feelings?

Pryor, who simulated Panthers' quarterback Cam Newton on scout team, was actually downgraded in practice this week.

Asked about playing, Pryor was tight-lipped: "It's just playing football, you know? It's what I've been playing my whole life. It's something I like to do."

On what his plays showed: "I just do what I'm asked to do and that's it. Whatever I show, I show."

On if he thought he should have been used more: "I'm just a player. I don't have any expertise in coaching."

On if he expects to play more next week: "Not sure. I know I played three decent plays, but I didn't play a lot."

On how he seemed more upset than usual: "I'm upset that we lost. I think we should have won and more plays we could have made. But it's the game of football. They get paid just like us. Hats off to them. We'll go in next week and do the same thing and get back to week."

On potentially seeing more playing time: "Like I said, I'm not the coach. I definitely don't make decisions like that. I don't talk much, I just go out and do my job. Whatever God has for me, it's going to happen. If not, I'll be fine."

Pryor was not surly, but close, and it was obvious from his tone that he wanted to be anywhere else. And really, could you blame him?

In his mind -- and in the mind of his growing legion of supporters -- he probably felt he could have helped the Raiders more had he been on the field for more than three plays.

On his first play, which was the Raiders' second play from scrimmage, he lined up in the Wildcat, took the direct snap and passed the ball out to Palmer on the right. Palmer quickly threw back to Pryor, who scooted 22 yards upfield.

On his second play, early in the second quarter, Pryor took the direct snap from the Panthers' 9-yard line on second-and-8, and while it appeared to be a read-option, Pryor kept the ball all the way and ran up the middle for a two-yard gain.

And on his third play, early in the fourth quarter, and with the Raiders at the Panthers' 8-yard line on first-and-goal, Pryor lofted a pass to Marcel Reece, who was pushed out of bounds at the 3-yard line.

That was it. And if you thought Pryor should have seen more time…

"Matt's our back-up quarterback," said coach Dennis Allen. "Terrelle's done a nice job. He's working extremely hard. We don't feel like he's ready to be the backup quarterback yet, and we feel like Matt would give us the best chance."

And there it is.

We don't feel like he's ready...yet.

"Although, we feel like using Terrelle in some of the packages and some of the things like we did with him today -- the pass down there in the red zone, also the throw-back screen to start the game off (on) the second play of the game -- I mean, those are some of the things that we feel like we can use him in right now," Allen added, "until he develops even more as a quarterback."

Perhaps Pryor seeing Cam Newton run the Panthers' offense gave him a bigger sense of self? And really, on the flip side of that coin, maybe Pryor could have thrown just as ugly an interception as Leinart did late in the second quarter.

And if Pryor is not ready, how does he get ready in a lost season with one game to go unless he gets to play?

Or, he must really be bad to not get into this kind of game that screamed for a spark, any spark, to get the offense going.

Then there's this -- Pryor only has a handful of plays at his disposal, and they are "specialized" wrinkles, not the full playbook, whereas Leinart has not only knowledge of said playbook, but also the trust of the coaching staff.

And oh yeah, there was that whole bit about Pryor being downgraded this week, too.

Jmac89 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

Pryor Downgraded???

Waste of a pick

RaiderDuck is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    It's obvious the current coaching staff does not view him as an NFL quarterback. In other words, he's Al's last bad draft pick.

the.Rockst*r is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

Refer back to this thread later

I've called a lot of horrible players out that we've drafted while everybody else was drinking the Raiders Kool-Aide.....

Terrelle Pryor is not one of them. He's the best QB on the team and gives us the best chance to win. He isn't playing right now but that's fine - if the coaches don't think he's ready to play - that's fine....it doesn't mean that he's not. It just shows you the lack of competence that the coaching staff really has. Greg Knapp is on the staff! That should say enough. Reggie McKenzie can barely speak English - do you think he can actually think like an educated person? Do you think he has a 10th of the intellect in Bellicheck's pinky? Just because he played football and moved up the ranks doesn't mean that he's actually intelligent. If you actually knew how stupid these NFL GMs and many of the coaches are, it would make so much more sense as to why many teams are average to awful.

Some people work hard to get to where they are - and I can stand by that - but I can't stand by giving people the opportunity that they are mentally unfit for. Dennis Allen is no good. Neither is Greg Knapp. You know who is best suited to be a head coach or an OC? Al Saunders. He may not have the best record, but on the Raiders, he's the best coach. The monkeys on the staff decided that he's the one guy that is too smart and they banished him to the press box. LOL It happens all the time in the business world....when idiots run the show, they tend to outcast the smart guy in order to protect themselves.

Hue Jackson had no business getting fired but he also had no business trading for Carson Palmer. Mark Davis had no business hiring Reggie and Reggie had no business hiring DA and letting him bring in Knapp.

Anyways - just because Pryor isn't the starting QB or backup QB doesn't mean that he can't be a star on this team or another team....it just means that the staff hasn't been smart enough to identify the talent.
    Rudimus, POKE, Dark Gable and 3 others like this.

Murphys Law is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Pryor Downgraded???

Pryor's probably praying he gets traded to a real NFL franchise in the offseason.

Raider6 1 9 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Blah blah, shut up with your rubbish!

All-Pro
    hopefully they downgraded him to receiver... any1 catch my drift!!! ahhh fugetta bout it

AutumnWind32 is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by the.Rockst*r View Post
    I've called a lot of horrible players out that we've drafted while everybody else was drinking the Raiders Kool-Aide.....

Terrelle Pryor is not one of them. He's the best QB on the team and gives us the best chance to win. He isn't playing right now but that's fine - if the coaches don't think he's ready to play - that's fine....it doesn't mean that he's not. It just shows you the lack of competence that the coaching staff really has. Greg Knapp is on the staff! That should say enough. Reggie McKenzie can barely speak English - do you think he can actually think like an educated person? Do you think he has a 10th of the intellect in Bellicheck's pinky? Just because he played football and moved up the ranks doesn't mean that he's actually intelligent. If you actually knew how stupid these NFL GMs and many of the coaches are, it would make so much more sense as to why many teams are average to awful.

Some people work hard to get to where they are - and I can stand by that - but I can't stand by giving people the opportunity that they are mentally unfit for. Dennis Allen is no good. Neither is Greg Knapp. You know who is best suited to be a head coach or an OC? Al Saunders. He may not have the best record, but on the Raiders, he's the best coach. The monkeys on the staff decided that he's the one guy that is too smart and they banished him to the press box. LOL It happens all the time in the business world....when idiots run the show, they tend to outcast the smart guy in order to protect themselves.

Hue Jackson had no business getting fired but he also had no business trading for Carson Palmer. Mark Davis had no business hiring Reggie and Reggie had no business hiring DA and letting him bring in Knapp.

Anyways - just because Pryor isn't the starting QB or backup QB doesn't mean that he can't be a star on this team or another team....it just means that the staff hasn't been smart enough to identify the talent.
    Neat story. Pryor blows. He wasn't a good college QB and won't be a good NFL QB.

Dirt Dog is offline Banned
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderDuck View Post
    It's obvious the current coaching staff does not view him as an NFL quarterback. In other words, he's Al's last bad draft pick.
    Naw, more like...

Another mistake in a long list of mistakes and misques and coaching blunders made by this awful staff.

I can't wait till this staff gets fired in 2years. I got a list of all of you fans who are blind as bats.

Your crow is coming. Or just admit these dudes are terrible so we have the Nations aura power to will these dudes out of this organization.
    UptownXguy3 likes this.

All-Pro

You can't be serious!!!
    Chewy316 likes this.

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Excellent post Rockst*r. Should be a sticky for all to read and learn from, well done.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_Raider_Fan View Post
    Excellent post Rockst*r. Should be a sticky for all to read and learn from, well done.
    I'm gonna make a prediction... Pryor is gonna be cut for not wanting to switch positions. The dude is not a QB!!! get ovuh it (Al Davis voice)

AutumnWind32 is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_Raider_Fan View Post
    You know when this dude's jockin' your post you just said some dumbazz sh*t

virtuosity is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderDuck View Post
    It's obvious the current coaching staff didn't do a good enough job this year, hence why we are 4-11. I don't know how you feel but this season is done, we won't go anywhere so why not evaluate the young talent? Pryor is a talented player, maybe not so much for the NFL but leaving him out there hurts our season how?

There are so many young QB's coming into the NFL and shining in the spotlight. With that being said we have nothing to lose except a possible upside, right?
    Dark Gable and huggeebear like this.

MDR8ERFAN is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

You talking about the same Hue who didn't think very highly of Pryor either?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information