Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Pryor Downgraded???

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure Pryor isn't ready to play. If only there was a way to get him snaps in an actual, low-pressure, fairly meaningless NFL game...

j_sizzle is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradoraider View Post
    I'm sure Pryor isn't ready to play. If only there was a way to get him snaps in an actual, low-pressure, fairly meaningless NFL game...
    well he did have the preseason and other than that one game against he looked pretty crappy

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j_sizzle View Post
    well he did have the preseason and other than that one game against he looked pretty crappy
    clearly enough to make a judgement...

TheLongBomb2469 is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer

If Carson is injured next week....

We should start Pryor.

Is anything gained by starting Leinart other than "starting the best QB" to try to win a game to get a different draft pick position?

Even if Pryor sucks, at least everyone will know he sucks and the speculation can end. With the way he is currently being utilized, there is no way to come to a solid conclusion of his performance. Coming in for 2-3 downs is not going to give an accurate evaluation. I just want to see the kid play a whole game so we see if he is worth the time and speculation many fans are putting into him.

The coaching staff should treat the last game against the chargers as a 5th preseason game to evaluate talent for next year.

With all that being said, lets hope for a win next week!

JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    What if he did "well" with his running style? What if that's the last thing RM wants? Not every GM wants to go with a QB that is high risk for injury year in and year out. They just don't want him. He would have played if they wanted a guy who will rely on his legs more than anything. He has problems with accuracy and can not read a defense. With a 4 win team, that is a QB controversy waiting to happen, especially with CP due to make over 15 million. The back-up QB is always the most popular guy on a bad team. CP has one year left, maybe two, RM will probably draft a QB. The Raider's obviously do not want him to get any playing time, and doing just enough to cause a controversy. They want the option of cutting him this off-season. If he does "ok" they can not cut him. Mark Davis....

Just slinging sh*t at the wall, but if he gets cut this off-season....

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTWINBABY9111 View Post
    What if he did "well" with his running style? What if that's the last thing RM wants? Not every GM wants to go with a QB that is high risk for injury year in and year out. They just don't want him. He would have played if they wanted a guy who will rely on his legs more than anything. He has problems with accuracy and can not read a defense. With a 4 win team, that is a QB controversy waiting to happen, especially with CP due to make over 15 million. The back-up QB is always the most popular guy on a bad team. CP has one year left, maybe two, RM will probably draft a QB. The Raider's obviously do not want him to get any playing time, and doing just enough to cause a controversy. They want the option of cutting him this off-season. If he does "ok" they can not cut him. Mark Davis....

Just slinging sh*t at the wall, but if he gets cut this off-season....
    This is the only theory that makes sense. The Broncos were facing a problem last offseason with Tebow: He showed just enough to win over the fans, but not enough to actually win the job, and they had no other legitimate alternatives. Luckily for them, they were bailed out by Manning becoming available and picking Denver...

AF1PIMPN is offline Banned
    All-Pro

Lawd please deliver TP, Run DMC & DHB from under dis God forsaken, Black Cloud of a supposedly professional football franchise so they go elsewhere & get their proper shine. #AMEN

okld-rdr is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

Pryor Downgraded???

He showed enough today that he's the best offensive weapon on this team. This coaching staff, apart from being morons in terms of coaching, want to play the old peaked veterans when there is young blood like Pryor who cannot play any worse.

Pryor is our best rusher. Him on the field is beneficial for McFadden and the offence. Who cares if he can't throw? He'll just do a Palmer and stat pad his way to a decent game at worst.
    Dark Gable likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by okld-rdr View Post
    Pryor is our best rusher.
    Where do you guys come up with this stuff? I don't get it.
    jskendall and TokyoLA like this.

ShimSham is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Lienart is painful to watch...

Why not play Pryor he can at least scramble for some first downs. He def adds an element with Mcfadden and others out there.. where he has the Defense worried about him which can give the others guys room to get open or space.
    Dark Gable likes this.

JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    He showed enough today that he's the best offensive weapon on this team. This coaching staff, apart from being morons in terms of coaching, want to play the old peaked veterans when there is young blood like Pryor who cannot play any worse.

Pryor is our best rusher. Him on the field is beneficial for McFadden and the offence. Who cares if he can't throw? He'll just do a Palmer and stat pad his way to a decent game at worst.
    The GM looking to piece together a Super Bowl caliber offense? You want to see some decent stuff now, or do you want to draft the next top QB? You think Pryor is going to do some cerebral sh*t like read a defense and win us a Super Bowl? I don't want to be stuck with anything less than an elite QB. Joe Flacco, Matt Shaub, Terrelle Pryor... We are going on 25 years without an elite QB. Plunkett was the last elite QB.

I would REALLY LIKE to have an elite QB. RG III, Luck, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, etc. If he is decent we are stuck with Pryor for a while. You need an elite QB to win it all, and when a team has a decent QB they don't upgrade, and teams like the Ravens and Texans will never win a Super Bowl. I want THE RAIDERS to have to draft a QB.

okld-rdr is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTWINBABY9111 View Post

The GM looking to piece together a Super Bowl caliber offense? You want to see some decent stuff now, or do you want to draft the next top QB? You think Pryor is going to do some cerebral sh*t like read a defense and win us a Super Bowl? I don't want to be stuck with anything less than an elite QB. Joe Flacco, Matt Shaub, Terrelle Pryor... We are going on 25 years without an elite QB. Plunkett was the last elite QB.

I would REALLY LIKE to have an elite QB. RG III, Luck, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, etc. If he is decent we are stuck with Pryor for a while. You need an elite QB to win it all, and when a team has a decent QB they don't upgrade, and teams like the Ravens and Texans will never win a Super Bowl. I want THE RAIDERS to have to draft a QB.
    I agree with you. I'm talking about this year not the future. Screw PAlmer and Leinart. Ill cut both of them if I was in charge.

Trackstar is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I don't post a lot, but I'm sort of glad Pryor isn't playing. I feel like the current regime feels like he has the potential to be good/great, but he is too raw. He needs to mature and see the whole field better and learn from Carson Palmer while he's here. Why not try and be patient and see if RM can hire the to groom a qb in 3-5 years?
    TokyoLA likes this.

Trackstar is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Pryor Downgraded???

Right people^^

mike taylor is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    is one game seriously gonna hurt him? watching leinart play made me pissed, it was just like watching the left handed andrew walter out there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information