Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Tommy Kelly- gentleman, statesman

  1. #1
    smucky's Avatar
    smucky is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,948

    Tommy Kelly- gentleman, statesman

    Quote from Kelly today about the defensive strategy after Palmer went down:
    Kelly says, "You take our guy out, we're going to go and try to take your guy out. We're not out to hurt someone, but when that happens ..."

    Not sure how to take this, but overall I wouldn't mind seeing him gone in a week.
    R.I.P. Stacey Toran, Marquise Cooper

  2. #2
    nmonte374's Avatar
    nmonte374 is online now
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    346
    seriously this guys the complete opposite of everything we want in a football player moving forward get him out of here

  3. #3
    Mr OverSt is offline
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by smucky View Post
    Quote from Kelly today about the defensive strategy after Palmer went down:
    Kelly says, "You take our guy out, we're going to go and try to take your guy out. We're not out to hurt someone, but when that happens ..."

    Not sure how to take this, but overall I wouldn't mind seeing him gone in a week.


    I agree...... with Kelly. He's simply stating they're going to do everything they can to put HARD hits on Cam. Its proven fact that people get hurt when hit hard.

    I know its hard for some of you non sport playing football fans out there to comprehend statements like this.

  4. #4
    RealRaider's Avatar
    RealRaider is offline

    Moderator
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,632
    Finally some competitiveness out of a Raider player. I welcome the fire. Maybe if the rest of the team felt the same we'd won a few more games this season.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever...

  5. #5
    FROZEN's Avatar
    FROZEN is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Iditarod Land
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr OverSt View Post
    I agree...... with Kelly. He's simply stating they're going to do everything they can to put HARD hits on Cam. Its proven fact that people get hurt when hit hard.

    I know its hard for some of you non sport playing football fans out there to comprehend statements like this.
    I agree with what he said, but I disagree with him saying it out loud.

  6. #6
    Rainman56's Avatar
    Rainman56 is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Underground
    Posts
    6,633
    Right or wrong with the way bountygate was blown out of proportion probally not the wisest thing to say right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    This is why I have Knapps back

  7. #7
    HOFBoundBrown's Avatar
    HOFBoundBrown is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,577
    Not because of this thread, but Kelly needs to be shown the door. This guy has no self-control.
    themiamiraider likes this.

  8. #8
    POKE's Avatar
    POKE is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Rich City (Richmond,CA)
    Posts
    17,005
    Tommy Kelly is complete dogsh_t. Period.

    Get the bum outta here asap.

  9. #9
    smucky's Avatar
    smucky is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr OverSt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smucky View Post
    Quote from Kelly today about the defensive strategy after Palmer went down:
    Kelly says, "You take our guy out, we're going to go and try to take your guy out. We're not out to hurt someone, but when that happens ..."

    Not sure how to take this, but overall I wouldn't mind seeing him gone in a week.


    I agree...... with Kelly. He's simply stating they're going to do everything they can to put HARD hits on Cam. Its proven fact that people get hurt when hit hard.

    I know its hard for some of you non sport playing football fans out there to comprehend statements like this.
    So unless his quarterback takes it to the ribs, he has no real motivation for getting to the quarterback? I thought that was what those millions were for.
    R.I.P. Stacey Toran, Marquise Cooper

  10. #10
    r8derd's Avatar
    r8derd is offline
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    861
    I HAVE NO ISSUES WHAT TOMMY SAID, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH IT, ACTUALLY! And I don't even really care for the guy (because of his failure to convert great potential), Tommy is to put it in Warren Sapps words, LAZY.

    THE QB MUST GO DOWN, AND HE MUST GO DOWN HARD. For all you who don't like it, or feel that's not the way for us to play, because of some "culture change," or "discipline virtue," you need to become of a fan of another sport........
    R8RRICK likes this.

  11. #11
    EmeraldCityR8r's Avatar
    EmeraldCityR8r is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The 206
    Posts
    1,275
    kelly was screwed today on his personal foul call that was evident all on Newton.. I loved the fire from the defense today its to bad palmer went down or i think we win this game.

  12. #12
    smucky's Avatar
    smucky is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,948
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldCityR8r View Post
    kelly was screwed today on his personal foul call that was evident all on Newton.. I loved the fire from the defense today its to bad palmer went down or i think we win this game.
    Wasn't it called on Bryant? But either way, I agree. Although the dancing was what started the whole mess.
    R.I.P. Stacey Toran, Marquise Cooper

  13. #13
    psycho5150 is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,777

    Tommy Kelly- gentleman, statesman

    Only thing I disagree with Kelly about is reacting after our Qb went down!

  14. #14
    EmeraldCityR8r's Avatar
    EmeraldCityR8r is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The 206
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by smucky View Post
    Wasn't it called on Bryant? But either way, I agree. Although the dancing was what started the whole mess.
    I thought it was called on Kelly for reacting to Newton kicking him
    Chewy316 likes this.

  15. #15
    RealRaider's Avatar
    RealRaider is offline

    Moderator
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,632
    I was listening to the game on the radio, it was the Panthers broadcast. They were complaining about the calls on both teams. They said both teams were getting shafted and this was the worst officiated game they'd seen.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •