Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Tommy Kelly- gentleman, statesman

Hall of Famer

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by smucky View Post
    "You take our guy out, we're going to go and try to take your guy out. We're not out to hurt someone, but when that happens ..."

It's the Raider way.

Ken
    Raider Fan from Packer Country

"Why the Oakland Raiders would have such a dedicated fan base is not clear."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raider_Nation

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by smucky View Post
    So unless his quarterback takes it to the ribs, he has no real motivation for getting to the quarterback? I thought that was what those millions were for.

Come on. Its common knowledge that alot of pro athletes have motivational problems after "making it". And Kelly is no exception. However, i do think something like having your Captain takin out of the game add EXTRA motivation.

I only caught the 2nd half of the game and i did notice the a difference in defensive intensity from previous games this season. After Palmer was taken out the D definitely said to themselves "**** just got real".

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRaider View Post
    I was listening to the game on the radio, it was the Panthers broadcast. They were complaining about the calls on both teams. They said both teams were getting shafted and this was the worst officiated game they'd seen.
    I love the NFL official's fvcked up inconsistencies. Heaven forbid you hit a WR too hard making a play on the ball, but you can take a run and drill a QB from the blindside while he is standing still in the pocket, and that's fine.

Murphys Law is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by POKE View Post
    Tommy Kelly is complete dogsh_t. Period.

Get the bum outta here asap.
    +1 he's a stupid hick

Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Tom Kelly - all bark but no bite.
    SF_Raider_Fan likes this.

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRaider View Post
    I was listening to the game on the radio, it was the Panthers broadcast. They were complaining about the calls on both teams. They said both teams were getting shafted and this was the worst officiated game they'd seen.
    I agree with them. The refs were looking for penalties that didn't exist and anticapated hits on receivers and QBs. It was disgraceful, and both sides were screwed, although the Raiders were screwed a little more

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Ahhh yes, Tommy Kelly. Could this guy be anymore frustrating? He has plays even games that you are just like "Wow, this dude is unstoppable!" Then there are all the others that leave you shaking your head. He is his own worst enemy most of the time due to his penalty killing drives. Time to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and let the dude walk (salary cap may make it impossible though).

The penalty today was not his fault though, but his reputation did not help his cause.

Hall of Famer
    Good riddance to Tommy Kelly after this season. I'll really miss all his brain dead penalties.....

MDR8ERFAN is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by r8derd View Post
    I HAVE NO ISSUES WHAT TOMMY SAID, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH IT, ACTUALLY! And I don't even really care for the guy (because of his failure to convert great potential), Tommy is to put it in Warren Sapps words, LAZY.

THE QB MUST GO DOWN, AND HE MUST GO DOWN HARD. For all you who don't like it, or feel that's not the way for us to play, because of some "culture change," or "discipline virtue," you need to become of a fan of another sport........
    I don't think anyone has a problem with him thinking it, saying it on the sidelines, or in the locker room. The problem is saying it to the media puts a bullseye on him so every time he gets after the QB refs are more prone to throw a flag. Ask James Harrison how it works it took him almost a year to not get flagged for hitting a QB. We occasionally have problems with refs now there's no point in making it worse.
    SLVR and Black and Nexus like this.

Hall of Famer
    Didn't see the game. Was the hit on Palmer kosher or was it cheap? If it was cheap then there's an unwritten rule of basically eye for eye.

All-Pro
    I gotta say regardless of his ability, Cam Newton really seemed like a litte bitch today. Sure they won and outplayed Oakland, no hiding that, but throughout the game Newton's demeanor really irked me. Would almost rather watch Philip Rivers, which I guess I will anyway.

truepirate1966 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by super_6ix_4our View Post
    I gotta say regardless of his ability, Cam Newton really seemed like a litte bitch today. Sure they won and outplayed Oakland, no hiding that, but throughout the game Newton's demeanor really irked me. Would almost rather watch Philip Rivers, which I guess I will anyway.
    Yea, he came off as really arrogant and bumping the ref like he did was really stupid, not only will he likely get a hefty fine, I bet a lot of would be roughing the passer calls, don't go his way or get called when they other wise would be, from this point on.

Dudeness is offline Banned
    Veteran
    When the fuccc did true Raider fans turn punk. Im with Kelly 100% it's not like football is game of holding hands, hard hits happen, and retaliation happens. What made this country so great? WE DON'T BACK THE FUQ DOWN. If we did we'd be some bitch like N. Korea.
    E.99Raider likes this.

mike taylor is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Love it. And I love how our defenders just kept going after newton. seeing mitchell and houston lay some hits on him were nice. that bitch deserved it. really wish we could have taken him out.
    E.99Raider likes this.

E.99Raider is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    He is being real

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information