Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Serious Questions About Our Young Guys That Had No Chance

Fortold Legend is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie

Serious Questions About Our Young Guys That Had No Chance

There where a lot of young guys that going into this season I had High Hopes For. Some I Feel have not gotten there fair shake from being Labeled Al's Guys, whats your opinions on these guys

Tiwan- I Thought He Could Be Very Explosive And A Home Run Hitter Going Into The Season. Don't Feel hes gotten a good enough look, a few fumbles shouldn't bench you for the season
    Ausberry- Thought He Could Be The Starter Mid Season, Looks like a beast and has done nothing but good every time i've seen um in, Unfortunately not in nearly enough
    Chekwa- Never had a chance
    Pryor - Loads of talent but after hearing Allen on the presser talking about hes still not ready week 16 of the season? I dont understand, Then again I don't understand Alot of what Allen has Done Lately (Linart...Really?)
    Gordon- Where is this guy? suppost to be our best blocking Te

Please let me know your thoughts

Murphys Law is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

It's Palmer's fault………;

Hall of Famer
    I was a little shocked that DVD was released instead of Chekwa. DVD could cover and always be in the back pocket of receivers his problem was he wouldn't use his hands and arms to go after the ball when he's right there in position to make a play. You'd think that is something our D-backs coach could change in him. If anything just put electrified sensors on his arms, and shock him when he doesn't lift his arms/hands.

As far as the others, it should be very telling that Pryor wasn't taking most of the snaps today. That means the coaches see him everyday in practice and he's not even close to where he should be. NOT EVEN CLOSE, or he would of been in there for evaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortold Legend View Post
    There where a lot of young guys that going into this season I had High Hopes For. Some I Feel have not gotten there fair shake from being Labeled Al's Guys, whats your opinions on these guys

Tiwan- I Thought He Could Be Very Explosive And A Home Run Hitter Going Into The Season. Don't Feel hes gotten a good enough look, a few fumbles shouldn't bench you for the season
    Ausberry- Thought He Could Be The Starter Mid Season, Looks like a beast and has done nothing but good every time i've seen um in, Unfortunately not in nearly enough
    Pryor - Loads of talent but after hearing Allen on the presser talking about hes still not ready week 16 of the season? I dont understand, Then again I don't understand Alot of what Allen has Done Lately (Linart...Really?)

Hall of Famer
    Jones=B-E-A-S-T!!!Was hoping he,d see some playing time but hasn,t happened
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    This is why I have Knapps back

Fortold Legend is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie

DvD

Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    I was a little shocked that DVD was released instead of Chekwa. DVD could cover and always be in the back pocket of receivers his problem was he wouldn't use his hands and arms to go after the ball when he's right there in position to make a play. You'd think that is something our D-backs coach could change in him. If anything just put electrified sensors on his arms, and shock him when he doesn't lift his arms/hands.

As far as the others, it should be very telling that Pryor wasn't taking most of the snaps today. That means the coaches see him everyday in practice and he's not even close to where he should be. NOT EVEN CLOSE, or he would of been in there for evaluation.
    I was going to add him as well because like you I didn't under stand his release, I always thought he was near the ball but never making a play witch could be corrected, sadly we will never know

MDR8ERFAN is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

I thought DVD and Chekwa both showed some promise of a future. However since DVD has been cut he has something like 3 or 4 tackles on ST and 1 pass defended. He barely sees the field on defense and they've had injuries at corner. I'm not sure he is as good as some make him out to be and I don't think he was difference maker.
    laxs69 likes this.

FLORIDARAYDAH is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR8ERFAN View Post
    I thought DVD and Chekwa both showed some promise of a future. However since DVD has been cut he has something like 3 or 4 tackles on ST and 1 pass defended. He barely sees the field on defense and they've had injuries at corner. I'm not sure he is as good as some make him out to be and I don't think he was difference maker.
    I agree.Their whole secondary has been hurt and he still doesnt see the field even when they have nobody left.

Chewy316 is offline Moderator
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortold Legend View Post

Taiwan Jones cannot block. In addition, he has fumble issues. He was given chances this season and more often than not, he has fumbled the ball. When you combine the two problems together, he simply is not going to be a full time running back. He is a nice tackler and makes a good gunner on special teams. Don't expect anything else.

Ausberry is a converted wide receiver and too has issues blocking. He's a worse blocker than Myers and that's saying something. He had some nice moments in the past two pre-seasons but that was against 3rd stringers. I've only seen one decent play from him and that was a screen in Miami. Apart from that, he's done nothing. But yeah, if he could block decent, he'd get more opportunities, but he's very raw and his limit is of a special teamer.

Chekwa is getting a chance right now! He's been playing the last few weeks. Chekwa played 4 games last year before getting injured. He was hardly a sure thing going into this season. You're overrating him.

Pryor is a very very very raw QB. He's best suited in gimmick type plays right now. He has barely been working under center in practice. When I was in Oakland a few weeks ago, I had my annual meeting with a person who has close ties to the team. Asked them about Pryor and the response was essentially "this kid can try all he likes but he's not a QB." He's only starting to get playing time simply because they want to evaluate him in certain situations to see if he's worth keeping for another year. He's a most likely cut this off-season.

Gordon was a 6th round pick who simply didn't work out. He never caught many balls in college and he is very slow for a TE. Doubt he's here next season.

For those regarding DVD, he was insubordinate towards some of the coaches, was a no brainer to cut him.
    "If you want something, go get it. Don't let anyone convince you that it's impossible. Make the impossible possible. Do whatever's needed to make it happen. Go at it with both hands, take it in stride, and hit paydirt....."
    ME 11-19-2009

Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

Veteran
    Never have been a Taiwan Jones fan. Another one of Al's speed guys, but not a great football player. He hasn't shown much, even in the pre season.

Hall of Famer
    I thought Taiwan looked really fantastic running in this scheme during training camp and, to an extent, in preseason. To be honest I actually thought he and Goodson both looked better than McFadden in this scheme during training camp. But he apparently can't block to save his life, which is problematic given that we don't want our QB to be crippled.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRV5490 View Post
    Possibly more concerning is the fact that he's a pro athlete wearing a Balance Bracelet. I'm not sure anyone stupid enough to fall for that has the brains to lead a professional team.
    We can post whatever we want to post on the board but the game is played on the field.

uglyorc is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

young guys

Jones - definately should be given more opportunity at RB and also at returning kicks. Good special teamer even without the ball. Most young RBs struggle blocking. The fumbles dont take an entire season to improve. Unfortunately Allen is simuliar to Denver's Cox who kept talents like Deangelo Williams and Knowshon Moreno on the bench. Allen is more concerned about eliminating the bad things than using the good things.

Ausberry - The only reason he's still on the team is his special teams play and athleticism. He's been less impressive at TE than a lot of guys out there on the free agent market. If he doesnt take a big leap this offseason he probably wont make the team next year. Not only is he not a good blocker, his receiving skills are greatly overrated.

Chekwa - You do remember he was cut and cleared waivers? He couldnt stay healthy for more than two weeks at a time his rookie season. They attempted to convert him to free safety as a rookie because he's not that impressive as a CB. I see no reason to believe he'll ever be a significant contributer. We need backup CBs, a backup FS, and special teamers though so he'll get an opportunity to compete for a roster spot again if he's healthy.

Pryor - They are giving him some game time so I think he's getting a fair shot. He'll get to compete again next season for the backup QB job. The reality is that he was a major project as a QB and has had only one training camp. It would be bad to play him extensively if he isnt ready for it. He would look bad in front of the fans and it would do more damage than good.

Gordon - He's the backup TE and he's gotten on the stat sheet a lot on special teams. People were shocked he was even drafted. He's outperformed expectations. I expect him back again next season. Let's face it though, he's not a starting TE unless the offense uses a two TE base formation. He's more like a sixth offensive lineman than a receiver. Since we dont use many two TE sets, Gordon doesnt get on the field much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy316 View Post
    Taiwan Jones cannot block. In addition, he has fumble issues. He was given chances this season and more often than not, he has fumbled the ball. When you combine the two problems together, he simply is not going to be a full time running back. He is a nice tackler and makes a good gunner on special teams. Don't expect anything else.

Ausberry is a converted wide receiver and too has issues blocking. He's a worse blocker than Myers and that's saying something. He had some nice moments in the past two pre-seasons but that was against 3rd stringers. I've only seen one decent play from him and that was a screen in Miami. Apart from that, he's done nothing. But yeah, if he could block decent, he'd get more opportunities, but he's very raw and his limit is of a special teamer.

Chekwa is getting a chance right now! He's been playing the last few weeks. Chekwa played 4 games last year before getting injured. He was hardly a sure thing going into this season. You're overrating him.

Pryor is a very very very raw QB. He's best suited in gimmick type plays right now. He has barely been working under center in practice. When I was in Oakland a few weeks ago, I had my annual meeting with a person who has close ties to the team. Asked them about Pryor and the response was essentially "this kid can try all he likes but he's not a QB." He's only starting to get playing time simply because they want to evaluate him in certain situations to see if he's worth keeping for another year. He's a most likely cut this off-season.

Gordon was a 6th round pick who simply didn't work out. He never caught many balls in college and he is very slow for a TE. Doubt he's here next season.

For those regarding DVD, he was insubordinate towards some of the coaches, was a no brainer to cut him.
    For the most part i agree with you 100%. However does that mean we can't use some of these guys? Why does it

have to be all or nothing with this team? OK so Ausberry can't block, OK fine, so why not use him more in screens

and use him more as a receiving tight end? Ausberry should be out there for more snaps, period. Same thing with

Taiwan. I'm not saying give him 20 to 30 carries every game, but why not give him 2 to 4 touches? It might

actually confuse the opposing team for once! Every opposing Defense gets confused when we don't run Darren

McFadden and we give the ball to someone else. Literately every time DMAC is in the back field the opposing team

always plays us for the run. Same thing with Gordon, okay so he's big and slow and isn't a great route runner. So

what? I recall that we actually ran a PA action play and found Gordon in the end-zone for an easy touchdown! And

why was it so easy? Because nobody is going to Cover Gordon!!! so why not sneak him into a few plays and let him

run a route or 2, very good chance he won't even be covered.

hellbound is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR8ERFAN View Post
    I'm not sure he is as good as some make him out to be and I don't think he was difference maker.
    People on this board have been way over rating players since I can remember
    agular9 likes this.

cat444 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

just dont undesrtand

i dont understand the coaching staff, why play leinart yesterday, this season is finish anyway , play pryor 2 games to give him some experience, why not to play bergstrom on a regular base ans chekwa.

yesterday the eagles play the young QB nick foles and he had more than 300 yards , seatle win with a young mobile qb russell wilson, the niners play kaepernick , tannehill is good with the dolphins.

whats the ****ing idea to play leinart.
    Chiefhater likes this.

StickShift is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Apparently Taiwan has ball security issues at practice.

It isn't just the games. I think his last 3 or 4 touches ended up being fumbled, not all were lost but still.....

You can't give a guy touches who fumbles not only in games but practice as well.

He has surprisingly looked great as a gunner on the punt team, maybe a switch back to CB is in order next training camp??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information