Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Serious Questions About Our Young Guys That Had No Chance

uglyorc is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

barksdale

DVD I believe was IRed by the Steelers.

Barksdale on the other hand has started a couple of games at left tackle for the Rams. Casualty of Knapp and his zone blocking system. We signed Smith and let Barksdale go for nothing.

Hall of Famer
    The way I see it we have coaches that could win with a great team, but don't know how to develop players (like Callahan for us in the past.)

We need teachers and motivators more than x's and o's guys. It's been said that we run a very similar offense as the Texans, and I firmly believe if Knapp was the OC in Houston he would have success there (Houston can't score in the redzone either other than Foster making 1 or 2 guys miss.).

Accepting DA will be here next year and that the D has been playing tons better since Rolando left...we need a complete overhaul of our offensive coaching staff save maybe Saunders who made Myers a respectable TE.

This in my opinion is the only way to save 2013 and 2015.

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Serious Questions About Our Young Guys That Had No Chance

Just blame everything on Knapp, it's a lot easier.
    Hala Madrid | MCFC | Torino

The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time.

RAIDERSUBEEZY is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Dennis Allen and his Coaching staff have ruined any Chance for our young guys to succeed. If you want your career to end come to Oakland Raiders. SAD SAD SAD...

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortold Legend View Post
    There where a lot of young guys that going into this season I had High Hopes For. Some I Feel have not gotten there fair shake from being Labeled Al's Guys, whats your opinions on these guys

Tiwan- I Thought He Could Be Very Explosive And A Home Run Hitter Going Into The Season. Don't Feel hes gotten a good enough look, a few fumbles shouldn't bench you for the season
    Ausberry- Thought He Could Be The Starter Mid Season, Looks like a beast and has done nothing but good every time i've seen um in, Unfortunately not in nearly enough
    Chekwa- Never had a chance
    Pryor - Loads of talent but after hearing Allen on the presser talking about hes still not ready week 16 of the season? I dont understand, Then again I don't understand Alot of what Allen has Done Lately (Linart...Really?)
    Gordon- Where is this guy? suppost to be our best blocking Te

Please let me know your thoughts
    If RM and DA think they can help the team they stay If not *uck them and we move on.

Disclaimer: Any of my comments posted here are not directed at any RFN members. It's just my opinion.

http://youtu.be/d29VsG35DQM
    Practice?

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERSUBEEZY View Post
    Dennis Allen and his Coaching staff have ruined any Chance for our young guys to succeed. If you want your career to end come to Oakland Raiders. SAD SAD SAD...
    Where the *uck have you been Oakland has been the place to waste away and get paid for years. It did not start with DA it started with Al (RIP) and you know it.

Disclaimer: Any of my comments posted here are not directed at any RFN members. It's just my opinion.

http://youtu.be/d29VsG35DQM
    Practice?

Hall of Famer
    I wont lose any sleep over these guys.. The 2011 draft looks like a complete bust

DAYFM is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    I don't get it personally. It's really the perfect example of this coaching staff. Ausberry shows flashes and doesn't do anything detrimental on the field yet gets what, 5 snaps all year? Jones has a couple problems in the VERY FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR and never gets the play again and is favored by a guy they called up from the PS 3 days before the game? Really? They play Francies instead of Chekwa who, while he didn't do anything special, played DECENT last year and played some fair coverage against Plaxico Burress who is always a very tough cover.

I mean look at this. If this doesn't show how awful the coaching is, I really don't know what does. RM/Allen and company chose random players with no potential and no experience as a Raider over young guys who have shown a little bit.

I wasn't even really looking at all the others players outside of Pryor until just now and really it speaks volumes on how horrible this regime is. Even in a failed year, they'd rather use THEIR guys even at the expense of potential. It's truly disgusting. This whole regime disgusts me. I know Al did it but he was just old and, with most old people, they are extremely stubborn in their ways. Not to use that as an excuse for the failures of the last decade, but at least there is some understanding on why his mind was hardwired like that.

RM, on the other hand, promised us something new. Yet here he and Allen are, picking the guys that they signed and playing them instead of guys who have MUCH more potential and actually could use this time to show the coaches what they have. Instead, guys like Chekwa and Jones and Ausberry and Pryor, all players at positions of need (Pryor not really but it makes the most sense to play him right now) will be cut in the offseason after given no fair shot despite the fact that there were plenty of injuries that should have put them into starting roles.

I just have a bad feeling these moves are all a microcosm to the impending failure of this regime. Instead of managing this team logically, it seems as if RM is more about getting rid of anything to do with Al Davis. Even players that have more potential and have shown more than the scrubs he is signing.

ErMonnezza is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy316 View Post
    Taiwan Jones cannot block. In addition, he has fumble issues. He was given chances this season and more often than not, he has fumbled the ball. When you combine the two problems together, he simply is not going to be a full time running back. He is a nice tackler and makes a good gunner on special teams. Don't expect anything else.
    are you talking about mcfadden???

ErMonnezza is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYFM View Post
    I don't get it personally. It's really the perfect example of this coaching staff. Ausberry shows flashes and doesn't do anything detrimental on the field yet gets what, 5 snaps all year? Jones has a couple problems in the VERY FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR and never gets the play again and is favored by a guy they called up from the PS 3 days before the game? Really? They play Francies instead of Chekwa who, while he didn't do anything special, played DECENT last year and played some fair coverage against Plaxico Burress who is always a very tough cover.

I mean look at this. If this doesn't show how awful the coaching is, I really don't know what does. RM/Allen and company chose random players with no potential and no experience as a Raider over young guys who have shown a little bit.

I wasn't even really looking at all the others players outside of Pryor until just now and really it speaks volumes on how horrible this regime is. Even in a failed year, they'd rather use THEIR guys even at the expense of potential. It's truly disgusting. This whole regime disgusts me. I know Al did it but he was just old and, with most old people, they are extremely stubborn in their ways. Not to use that as an excuse for the failures of the last decade, but at least there is some understanding on why his mind was hardwired like that.

RM, on the other hand, promised us something new. Yet here he and Allen are, picking the guys that they signed and playing them instead of guys who have MUCH more potential and actually could use this time to show the coaches what they have. Instead, guys like Chekwa and Jones and Ausberry and Pryor, all players at positions of need (Pryor not really but it makes the most sense to play him right now) will be cut in the offseason after given no fair shot despite the fact that there were plenty of injuries that should have put them into starting roles.

I just have a bad feeling these moves are all a microcosm to the impending failure of this regime. Instead of managing this team logically, it seems as if RM is more about getting rid of anything to do with Al Davis. Even players that have more potential and have shown more than the scrubs he is signing.

well said

it's seems to me like a final solution against players drafted by al davis....

DAYFM is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy316 View Post
    Taiwan Jones cannot block. In addition, he has fumble issues. He was given chances this season and more often than not, he has fumbled the ball. When you combine the two problems together, he simply is not going to be a full time running back. He is a nice tackler and makes a good gunner on special teams. Don't expect anything else.

Ausberry is a converted wide receiver and too has issues blocking. He's a worse blocker than Myers and that's saying something. He had some nice moments in the past two pre-seasons but that was against 3rd stringers. I've only seen one decent play from him and that was a screen in Miami. Apart from that, he's done nothing. But yeah, if he could block decent, he'd get more opportunities, but he's very raw and his limit is of a special teamer.

Chekwa is getting a chance right now! He's been playing the last few weeks. Chekwa played 4 games last year before getting injured. He was hardly a sure thing going into this season. You're overrating him.

Pryor is a very very very raw QB. He's best suited in gimmick type plays right now. He has barely been working under center in practice. When I was in Oakland a few weeks ago, I had my annual meeting with a person who has close ties to the team. Asked them about Pryor and the response was essentially "this kid can try all he likes but he's not a QB." He's only starting to get playing time simply because they want to evaluate him in certain situations to see if he's worth keeping for another year. He's a most likely cut this off-season.

Gordon was a 6th round pick who simply didn't work out. He never caught many balls in college and he is very slow for a TE. Doubt he's here next season.

For those regarding DVD, he was insubordinate towards some of the coaches, was a no brainer to cut him.

Taiwan Jones has fumbled the ball one time in his NFL career, preseason and regular season. If that is "fumbling the ball more than not" then every single player to ever step on the field has fumbled the ball more than not. I'm sorry, but blocking as a RB is not that important. There's a reason they have 3rd down backs. There are plenty of very good RBs who can't block worth a sh1t. Fact of the matter is that Taiwan should have been getting playing time as of recently since we A) Have not been in the playoff hunt since the 1st quarter of week one and B) Have no RB producing. Why not put him out there and see what he does? What would playing him do to this team? Could it be any worse than having 15 straight runs of 1 yard or less?

Again, blocking TEs aren't that important. Gates can't block, Graham can't block, Hernandez can't block, etc. The TE position is about receiving. Plain and simple. Of course you'll always want a guy like Gronk, but it simply doesn't happen often. Split time with Myers/Ausberry or use more two TE sets. Again, nothing bad could come out of it. The only effect it could have is if he is good. Then we have a threat at TE.

It took Bartell being injured, coming back, getting cut along with Spencer barely playing at all this year, and a slew of no potential scrubs to finally get Chekwa to sniff the field despite the fact that Chekwa showed more last year than guys like Lee, Adams, Francies, and Ross have shown in their entire careers. No, Chekwa wasn't special. But as a raw rookie, he looked like he could be a fair corner with some coaching. But nope, something called a "Coye Francies" apparently is more worthy of that playing time.
    Chiefhater likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information