Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Ok All You DHB Haters

Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortold Legend View Post
    There's Been A lot of bashing on DHB for not getting catches each game, Please Tell Me How Many Number 1 Recievers get targeted less than DHB, and don't tell me separation because i've seen him open on way to many occasions or not even looked at at all from the start of the play. DHB Strenghs are hes fast, strong, breaks tackles and has great YAC

Here's A Thought " You Know TO never had the best hands either, but he could catch a slant and take it to the house, he could take a short pass and break it, You know what he also got targeted more than 4 times a game while an undrafted wr (That they act hes the next coming of Tim Brown) gets targeted 10 times a game. How About throw some screens to DHB instead of the toothpick Moore, How about Not making Him Go Deep 80% off the time. Wait how about coaching to your players strengths for a change ( See DMac ) DHB can be a beast if used correct, not for 10 mill but hes the least of our problems and the best dam wr on the team. Talk to Moore If you Want Drops, Wait Lets Give him a pass because when he does catch it it looks pretty. Give Me A Break.
    Well let's take a look at this then with having some actual facts here then to go on with the comparison for Bey and Streater on targeted throws this season by Carson and Leinart in the games
    Streater on the left side and Bey is on the right side
    Catches and Targeted with yards

Week 1) 4/10 27 yards 1 TD 3/5 43 yards
    Week 2) 2/4 19 yards 4/8 41 yards
    Week 3) 2/2 22 yards 2/5 14 yards 1 TD
    Week 4) 0 for Den DNP vs Den
    Week 6) 3/3 24 yards 0/2
    Week 7) 2/4 41 yards 4/7 85 yards
    Week 8) 1/5 9 yards 1/3 32 yards 1 TD
    Week 9) 4/9 54 yards 1 TD 5/6 74 yards
    Week 10) 1/3 11 yards 5/8 82 yards 1 TD
    Week 11) 2/4 26 yards 4/5 69 yards
    Week 12) 0 for Cincy 0 for Cincy
    Week 13) 3/4 96 yards 1 TD 4/6 40 yards
    Week 14)4/7 100 yards 5/6 82 yards 1 TD
    Week 15)5/6 62 yards 0 for Chiefs
    Week 16) 2/5 16 yards 2/6 31yards

That is 37 catches of 70 Targeted for Bey 562 yards 15.2 yard average and 4 TD that is 241 YAC for him .
    That is 33 catches of 63 Targeted for Streater 491 yards 14.9 yard average and 3 TD that is 141 YAC for him .

If you want to complain about a receiver taking catches away from Bey then need to throw that over to Moore 47 catches on 102 Targeted 724 yards 15.4 yards average and 6 TD that is with 256 YAC for him .

Bey can't help it where he was drafted at so don't be complaining for him being paid what he is because that was under the old CBA and Al took a player that was at least 3 years away from being ready to contribute for a team and is now showing it with his play . He isn't a #1 or #2 on most teams but is more of a #3 that might over time grow into being a #2 player during his career .
    That he will never live up to his draft picking but then again we have many of those on the Raiders from the past decade here that isn't doing that now for us Gallery never did , Nnamdi wasn't till he wasn't , Huff still isn't , Darren isn't ,and Ro isn't so what really is people expecting or did expect from Bey to suggest that he would ?

McClain is more of what should've been the one to break this trend for us . But as we seen he doesn't have the Heart , Passion , or Desire to work on improving himself like Bey does .
    ppleschamp030 likes this.

FLORIDARAYDAH is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    He isnt a #1 on any team.I cant blame him for where he was picked or the fact he makes 100 times what he is worth.But the bottom line is he is a 4th year pro who cant catch the ball with any consistency.He has a great work ethic by all accounts but he also has the receiving fundamentals of a high school player.At this point in time its safe to say he probably never will.
    cheapshotartist likes this.

MaxxxPayne is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Moore has F'ed up more plays this season than DHB... why aren't there any threads about cutting him.
    We need a #1 receiver, a guy who is a big target with sure hands. Then DHB can get one on one with no safety help. This would allow Moore/Ford (who both can't be #2 receiver because they CAN'T block) to play a speedy slot position.

Hall of Famer
    I'm Bleed4Raiders and I approve this message
    truepirate1966 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxPayne View Post
    Moore has F'ed up more plays this season than DHB... why aren't there any threads about cutting him.
    Only because Moore isn't going to make $8 million next year. thats the only point that needs to be addressed. If he's making $1 million a year then I'd want to keep him as a 3rd WR. Why can't people understand this. Its pretty simple. IT'S THE MONEY !!!!!!!

JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxPayne View Post
    We need a #1 receiver, a guy who is a big target with sure hands. Then DHB can get one on one with no safety help. This would allow Moore/Ford (who both can't be #2 receiver because they CAN'T block) to play a speedy slot position.
    The main reason is because Moore is on a 5th round draft pick's contract. He is making peanuts. For a 5th round pick he would have trade value. Now we could never move DHB for what he is owed this coming season. If he takes a pay-cut, most will welcome him back with open arms. We need some cap room, and he will be a salary cap victim, it's mainly business, and nothing more. I mean he is 100% gone or taking a pay-cut, not a restructure, he is easily replaced by another gem Reggie McKenzie will find, just like Streater. Sh*t Streater going into year #2 replaces him, and another rookie will be added. We also have Criner in the mix developing. There's no reason to keep him, Moore, Streater and Ford all have comparable stats.

We will eventually get that #1, but DHB is a luxury we can not afford at 10 million. That money can go to that #1 you are talking about, but I doubt it does. It will go elsewhere. It's totally out of the question. None of those receivers are making anywhere near that money.

Sithman is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    Only because Moore isn't going to make $8 million next year. thats the only point that needs to be addressed. If he's making $1 million a year then I'd want to keep him as a 3rd WR. Why can't people understand this. Its pretty simple. IT'S THE MONEY !!!!!!!
    This is wut u can't understand IT'S NOT JUST THE MONEY! Moore has shown he can ROUTINELY make big plays, run routes, make over the shoulder catches, and catch with his hands! He still has a high ceiling! He is a natural receiver, inspight of his mediocre play this year. DHB isn't and can't do any of those things! His ceiling isn't that high. After four years this is as good as it gets for him. He is one of the hardest workers and he is STILL BAD?

Hall of Famer

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sithman View Post
    This is wut u can't understand IT'S NOT JUST THE MONEY! Moore has shown he can ROUTINELY make big plays, run routes, make over the shoulder catches, and catch with his hands!
    Sadly, no he hasn't. He even rode the bench for poor performance at one point this season.

Ken
    Raider Fan from Packer Country

"Why the Oakland Raiders would have such a dedicated fan base is not clear."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raider_Nation

Hall of Famer
    DHB is a backup caliber player who doesn't play special teams and makes boatloads of money as the supposed number 1 receiver and high draft choice.

He is the poster child for what is wrong with this team for me, overpaid WR who can't do the most basic thing, catch the ball.

Yea, if DHB was the 3rd or 4th receiver on the team, was a good special team guy and made 1.2 million a year we'd have something, but he makes money like a pro bowl number 1 guy, thats out of whack.

UptownXguy3 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by WymanV View Post
    Sadly, no he hasn't. He even rode the bench for poor performance at one point this season.

Ken
    He was benched by this staff...meaning that benching was meaningless.

Hue had him as one of the top rated rookie WRs in the league last year and he was a 5th round pick.

Knapp is too blame for everything screwed up about the offense.

cheapshotartist is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortold Legend View Post
    There's Been A lot of bashing on DHB for not getting catches each game, Please Tell Me How Many Number 1 Recievers get targeted less than DHB, and don't tell me separation because i've seen him open on way to many occasions or not even looked at at all from the start of the play. DHB Strenghs are hes fast, strong, breaks tackles and has great YAC.
    You just answered your own question Legend, If the QB is not throwing the ball to his so called #1 WR there must be a reason so I checked DHB's strengths that you listed and catching a football was not one of his strengths. I think this may have something to do with the number of passes thrown his way.

cheapshotartist is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    Why can't people understand this. Its pretty simple. IT'S THE MONEY !!!!!!!
    Word, business is business.

Pro Bowler
    Blog Entries
    With the first pick in the 2007 NFL Draft ,the Oakland Raiders select. Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech..... ( ahhhh, crazy, and the crowd goes wild)

zzzzhhzhhhhhhzzzzzzzzzhhzhhzhzhzhzhhzhzzzzhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh.

WAKE UP! And put that thing away!

I was having a wet dream. Sorry for partying...
    "Iím going to make sure wherever I go and whoever Iím with, Iím going to outwork them.Ē -- Sio Moore

Bench Warmer
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    You just answered your own question Legend, If the QB is not throwing the ball to his so called #1 WR there must be a reason so I checked DHB's strengths that you listed and catching a football was not one of his strengths. I think this may have something to do with the number of passes thrown his way.
    Good points CSA. Add the fact that unless DHB is wide open, wouldn't he be the last WR anyone would ever want to force a tight throw into? I mean he is lucky if he catches 1 in 6 passes cleanly. If it's zone and more than one DB is in the area, why throw the ball to DHB who will most likely bat it up in the air 3 times before he can ever get ahold of it. Here come the Palmer comments i'm sure...

Chairman of the Board
    DHB another wasted Pick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information