Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: OC candidates?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabbulous View Post
    He has already stated that he has no interest in being OC.
    Wrong, thats what i thought too, but someone posted that he interviewed for the OC job with KC this past offseason.

gwiz327 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    If my opinion really counted for something, I would like to regain the confidence that we had when Marc Trestman and Co, ran the offence. I recall several times we ran plays that everyone in the stadium knew were coming and they couldn't stop the play. I think that he is aggressive in his play calling and has a good history in the bay area, both in oakland and work in sf. He has been a qb coach as well so there is a possibility that he could do some teaching. If we are gonna get retreads, lets get one that put our offence on the map. Oh yeah, he did that with Chuck Bresh leading the defense and we made the playoffs as well as super bowl. Just my opinion
    Chewy316 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    I think Norv Turner ends up in New York. Rex Ryan OC.
    Rex ryan as an OC ? You're on time out until further notice
    Naphtali and EmeraldCityR8r like this.

Chiefhater is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    Rex ryan as an OC ? You're on time out until further notice
    I think he means as Rex Ryan's OC. Which would be interesting.

ErMonnezza is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    1-callahan
    2-hue
    3-saunders

HC - rex ryan
    Naphtali likes this.

Hall of Famer
    I think Cam Cameron would be a good choice as well. He did wonders with Marty Schot in SD. He did OK with Baltimore also. I also consider Flacco overrated.
    Raidermofojeff likes this.
    Give Me Production Over Potential
    Quote Originally Posted by OWShaddock View Post
    ...Success earns you the benefit of the doubt. Failure just earns you doubt.....

SoBruTal_ is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    I could only hope that Jon Gruden will want to sign as an OC

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFootball View Post
    I think Cam Cameron would be a good choice as well. He did wonders with Marty Schot in SD. He did OK with Baltimore also. I also consider Flacco overrated.
    cam cameron would be a lateral move from knapp IMO

RavenRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Jeff Tedford , he got the most out some scrubs and put a TON of players in the NFL on the Offensive side of the ball. Aaron Rodgers, Marshawn Lynch, Desean Jackson, among others.
    He knows how to pound the rock and also how to go deep. Also ran a Zone blocking scheme. gets the most out if his players

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    cam cameron would be a lateral move from knapp IMO
    Cameron had a hand in developing Brees, Rivers (when he was good), Gates among putting together some amazing game plans for LT. As soon as Cameron left LT went down hill (although he was older)
    Give Me Production Over Potential
    Quote Originally Posted by OWShaddock View Post
    ...Success earns you the benefit of the doubt. Failure just earns you doubt.....

JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    I've basically made that observation, however a good portion of fans will disagree. My post wasn't moot, because if McKenzie wanted to as you are suggesting he wouldn't have fired Jackson, he wouldn't have scrapped the old scheme and philosophy and gone with a WCO style of offense. Allen did pick his staff and that's the direction he wants to go, so why would Allen want to start over again? I would wager a high percentage of these players won't be here next year so there will be in influx of players that are more suited to a WCO style of offense. Allen picked Knapp because that's who was available, but he wasn't Allen's first or top choice. He wasn't allowed to speak with other potential OC's.
    Some want to say "we could have been ...., if we stayed in the same scheme." These people's thought process is to move backward... But we are just going to move forward like your post states; higher percentage gone. This train is moving forward, The staff gets another year probably, and by then, if they flop, which there is a good chance we do, it will be on to phase 2. DMC could destroy the 2013 season, if we can't run we can't win, Knapp could ruin it, etc. etc, who knows, but we could be in better shape personnel wise, going in a direction RM wants to go which is West Coast. RM then brings in a top notch coach if Allen flops, who can bring in a nice staff. The personnel and the cap situation has to lure a coach in. That's what I see happening really.

We got so much for Gruden because TB was looking very bad having fired Dungy, and was desperate to save face. Parcells was suppose to take the job, but Tannenbuam told him not to take it because of the future salary cap problems. That was a Super Bowl primed team too. The cap situation does matter. Just an example. This site makes me ill now, reading so much sh*t.

xcraider37 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicanraider View Post
    I honestly think there is something more going on here. Yes I think Knapp is a problem in regards to game-planning and game-calling. I think he is subpar compared to other OCs around the league and thus a handicap. However, I think a very important factor on him being so disliked by the fanbase is that he is arrogant and doesn't ever recognize he might be part of the problem. At the beginning of the season he blamed time to get the schemes right and now he is basically saying in so many words that there is lack of execution and we still need more time to get it right, so preaching patience.

How about there is lack of talent on his part to do a more creative playcalling particularly in the red zone + designing his schemes and plays to fit our players (great or not great) talents?

I think that's why most of us are willing to give Tarver a second year and not Knapp. Tarver had a way harder hand to deal with with the dismal talent we have on D. Knapp took a decent O and basically, like a LEGO, destroyed it and try to rebuild it and didn't even come close to resembling what we had to begin with. Tarver had 0 to build on and at least the D on some games is showing up. I look forward to the last 2 games just to see if the D can compete.
    I think your statements above contradict each other first you say Knapp should be doing a better job whether he has great talent or not, but then say Tarver should be given another year because of the lack of talent on defense, hate to tell you my friend the offense is just as devoid of talent as the Defense, all you guys over estimate the talent of Butter-Bey and Vaseline Moore. You mention the word GREAT please enlighten me with a name of a great player on offense besides McFadden and we all already know his story.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    Since RM or MD will make the call on Knapp I see no reason to give my opinion on a subject I really have no imput on.
    No wonder the Raiders are in trouble.......They don't consult with CSA......

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I can see Knapp being OC again next season, unfortuntely.

Pro Bowler

OC candidates?

I think we're so used to AL being around and axing the staff after seasons end for underperforming. These are not ALs raiders anymore. The one and done years are over. I think we should keep DA and Knapp for consistency. If they fail then they fail, at least we'd get more looks by other possible candidates as not being a one and done head coach.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information