Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: reality check: we need to share stadium

raidersx127 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

reality check: we need to share stadium

http://wp.me/p14QSB-6HaM

With the niners. Unfortunately, this is our only option for a new stadium. We all know a new one in Oakland is not going to happen. Oakland is in a financial crisis and laying off cops but paying for the sports teams each year is a joke. The odds of building a new one in Dublin, etc is slim to none due to the surrounding community and money. And moving to LA is just a horrible idea. Failed once before and there is no team there for a reason. Mark Davis needs to suck it up and realize this is our only option.
    CLatino likes this.

xcraider37 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersx127 View Post
    http://wp.me/p14QSB-6HaM

With the niners. Unfortunately, this is our only option for a new stadium. We all know a new one in Oakland is not going to happen. Oakland is in a financial crisis and laying off cops but paying for the sports teams each year is a joke. The odds of building a new one in Dublin, etc is slim to none due to the surrounding community and money. And moving to LA is just a horrible idea. Failed once before and there is no team there for a reason. Mark Davis needs to suck it up and realize this is our only option.
    I don't have a problem with it, no reason to build a bunch of stadiums when these two teams are so close together, but then again I don't live in Oakland or California for that matter, so i'm sure the locals have a different opinion. Bottom line is its time to get out of that Baseball Stadium, even the A's need to get out.

I mean you guys actually share a basketball team out there so no problems sharing stadiums right?

Hall of Famer
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

danax is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    If LA is willing to finance a stadium I say let them go there. I'm from Oakland originally but lived in LA during the 80s and there was a lot of excitement there for the Raiders and I'm sure there will be again. Or, just fix the Coliseum in Oakland without building another one. It's just a field with seats. Why do we have to demolish and rebuild billion dollar stadiums every so often? I appreciate the history and classic setting.

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    American society is ****ed. You bailout billionaires and millionaire athletes at the expense of roads, bridges, schools, high speed train networks etc... People need to revolt against this ****. These athletes can make half of what they make now, and you can play in Bowl stadiums with NO boxes etc...
    HITMAN, Marzan, 16 to 88 and 4 others like this.
    "Darth Vader is a punk compared to Al Davis," Hunter S Thompson

danax is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by speedkills View Post
    American society is ****ed. You bailout billionaires and millionaire athletes at the expense of roads, bridges, schools, high speed train networks etc... People need to revolt against this ****. These athletes can make half of what they make now, and you can play in Bowl stadiums with NO boxes etc...
    It would be refreshing to see Mark and Amy decide to thumb their noses at the NFL, who want glitzy stadiums and revenue, and decide to renovate as cheaply as possible by getting into as little new debt as possible so as to keep ticket prices in range of the working person. No reason to apologize for a crap stadium. Just tell the people they're keeping it reasonably priced and build rapport again with the working folks. The Niners moved down where incomes are high, ensuring them an elite crowd for decades. The Raiders' image is linked to paycheck to paycheck people and $100 cheap seats won't fly where they are.
    I remember as a kid when the A's first came to Oakland, and for years later, the cheap seats were .50c, "the Knothole Gang" area in the right field bleachers. I and my friends could go hunt soda bottles for the deposit, pool some allowance money and hop on AC Transit and see the game by ourselves and still have money for a snack or a pack of Topps cards to take along.
    Those days will never return but a middle ground between that and elitist venues would be nice.
    DarkSide likes this.

Jmac89 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

We need to share stadium ? **** that **** the niners own that ****.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac89 View Post
    We need to share stadium ? **** that **** the niners own that ****.
    It's people like you that need to go over the issue of sharing with the niners. It's a new stadium. Sonething we need and will not get around here. It's works just fine in ny as well as in la with lakers/clippers

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by danax View Post
    It would be refreshing to see Mark and Amy decide to thumb their noses at the NFL, who want glitzy stadiums and revenue, and decide to renovate as cheaply as possible by getting into as little new debt as possible so as to keep ticket prices in range of the working person. No reason to apologize for a crap stadium. Just tell the people they're keeping it reasonably priced and build rapport again with the working folks. The Niners moved down where incomes are high, ensuring them an elite crowd for decades. The Raiders' image is linked to paycheck to paycheck people and $100 cheap seats won't fly where they are.
    I remember as a kid when the A's first came to Oakland, and for years later, the cheap seats were .50c, "the Knothole Gang" area in the right field bleachers. I and my friends could go hunt soda bottles for the deposit, pool some allowance money and hop on AC Transit and see the game by ourselves and still have money for a snack or a pack of Topps cards to take along.
    Those days will never return but a middle ground between that and elitist venues would be nice.
    Problem is everything is driven by corporate dollars in professional sports.
    Chewy316 likes this.
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I don't think this team should get a new stadium until they can win at least 8 games.
    Ro_34, POKE, Naphtali and 2 others like this.

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    o.Co is a great staidum, and once the A's move it will be even better for the Raiders football games.
    speedkills likes this.

Veteran

O.co is a dump
    Chewy316 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    This article completely fails to get into the specifics in regards to how the City of Oakland is looking to pay for a new facility for the Raiders. They are not asking Alameda County tax payers to foot the bill (as we are already on the hook for $10 million a year for the rennovations done to the Coliseum in 1995), and they are not looking to bankrupt the city to do so either.

The city is looking for help from private investors, such as Tripp Development. They are also looking at possibly increasing hotel taxes, as well as in-stadium taxation (in the new facility). As we already know, they could receive a $200 million dolllar loan from the NFL if they are able to prove that they have their financing in order. The City could also leverage the land that they own as payment as well, not too mention that they could issue additional bonds as well, which I'm sure that they are not too keen to at the moment. There may also be EB-5 funding possibly available if Mayor Quan chooses to go that route. There as sooooooooooo many things that the City of Oakland can tap into to make this happen. It's just a matter of getting all of the city officials and county supervisors on board with the plan.

With all that being said, if Oakland fails in the end, then I have no problem sharing the stadium in Santa Clara with the Whiners. I DO NOT EVER want to see the Raiders in Los Angeles again. No offense to any L.A. Raider fans, but the team just doesn't belong there.
    RaiderFunk and Eastbay39 like this.

Hall of Famer
    No, we dont.

I'd rather see this team move to LA than see them share a stadium with those snobby mothaeffers. I get the feeling Davis isn't gonna be able to hold on to this team much longer. That LA offer is gonna be too tempting for him to resist. It's gonna be Raiders 2.0 in LA again probably by 2014 or 15
    Ro_34, Chewy316, 16 to 88 and 1 others like this.

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor
    Hall of Famer
    Disagree, I think Mark needs to sale a portion of the team to Roski and make the move back to L.A. where there is a revenue stream. He needs to make money on this thing, not just break even. Raiders are the 30th ranked team with regards to revenue income. Time to go and make money.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information