Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: reality check: we need to share stadium

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    The Raiders are moving back to L.A. IMHO.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    Not really, or Al Davis "Theeeeee Oakland Raiders" wouldn't of moved them to Los Angeles the first time. And now theirs a strong possibility of a second move to LA. That doesnt sound like "belonging" to me. In fact, no team belongs anywhere because there is constant movement, the sport is a business not a trip down memory lane. Corporate money talks nothing else matters. Look at the cleveland browns after the owner left and went to baltimore. Baltimore has been good ever since and Cleveland still sucks like they always have. There's no more Al Davis, and the new nfl puts a city like Oakland at a disadvantage from the get go. This is just a harsh reality.

Now back to LA, The only reason Al moved the team back from LA is because the city of Los Angeles didn't hold their end of an agreement to get a new stadium. If Al got his stadium he would of stayed in Los Angeles. And the fans did support the Raiders in Los Angeles. The reason for non sellouts was because the LA coliseum had over 92,000 seats to sell out. No team is going to sell that size stadium out on a consistent basis. Al only moved the team back to oakland because he was pissed off at the city of Los Angeles. And the reality is that the Oakland Raiders growth of fan support was do to their time in Los Angeles coinciding with the west coast rap surge at the time. LA is a big part of the Raiders history no matter how mad the oakland fans got when they left. We all understand, its natural, but don't be haters or crybabies.

Read below about the fans in LA:
    "In their thirteen seasons in Los Angeles the Raiders on several occasions drew near-capacity crowds to the LA Coliseum. The largest were 91,505 for an October 25, 1992 game with the Dallas Cowboys, 91,494 for a September 29, 1991 contest with the San Francisco 49ers, and 90,380 on January 1, 1984 against the Pittsburgh Steelers."""""
    And this was in a stadium in the GHetto and with the Major Gang presence coming from that area in South Central. Not a family friendly area at all.

Any new stadium in Los Angeles wont have the huge problems of being in the ghetto or 92,000 seats to sell out.

IF YOU WANT THE RAIDERS TO STAY UP NORTH YOU BETTER HOPE THEY SHARE A STADIUM WITH NINERS. Thats what makes sense and is the only real way the Raiders can play in a "new" stadium in NoCal.

I'm sure "187" will post how some saudi prince or someone is going to build a stadium in Oakland, but its just not happening.

And the city shouldn't be worrying about a god damn stadium when there is so many other things the money could be used for in Oakland.

Like paying the police. Then maybe are RFnet brother wouldnt of been killed in his cell phone store. RIP.
    As much as I would love the Raiders to stay in Oakland its very hard to argue this. Oakland has $0. They were suppose to have meetings in the City Counsel to address the Raiders stadium issues but with them laying off 200 Police Officers they have had to cancel those meetings to deal with other more important issues.

Again would love to see a new stadium in Oakland. Don't know where the money will come from. The city is broke, taxpayers won't pay for it, and who in the hell is gonna privately finace it??

MDR8ERFAN is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    The way NFL stadiums are financed is going to change in the very near future and I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL start flipping more of the bill. The Chargers are not getting their new stadium anytime soon and it doesn't look like the Raiders will either but it will effect a lot of teams. Atlanta is starting to look for a new stadium and the Dolphins want to do major renovations which is tough considering the city just funded the Marlins new stadiums. Now as for LA the only reason I have doubts that stadium is as close to being built as some are leading on is the Bills were on short list to make the move. They just signed a 10 year extension with Buffalo and are doing renovations to Ralph Wilson stadium which baffles me since as soon as Wilson dies they could have had the luxury stadium in LA. I'd like to see LA break ground before we start talking about making the move to LA cause I have no desire to watch the Raiders play in a college stadium. I like O.co but reality is for the sake of the Raiders future they need to find a way to get a new stadium and hopefully it's in Oakland.

xcraider37 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    Not really, or Al Davis "Theeeeee Oakland Raiders" wouldn't of moved them to Los Angeles the first time. And now theirs a strong possibility of a second move to LA. That doesnt sound like "belonging" to me. In fact, no team belongs anywhere because there is constant movement, the sport is a business not a trip down memory lane. Corporate money talks nothing else matters. Look at the cleveland browns after the owner left and went to baltimore. Baltimore has been good ever since and Cleveland still sucks like they always have. There's no more Al Davis, and the new nfl puts a city like Oakland at a disadvantage from the get go. This is just a harsh reality.

Now back to LA, The only reason Al moved the team back from LA is because the city of Los Angeles didn't hold their end of an agreement to get a new stadium. If Al got his stadium he would of stayed in Los Angeles. And the fans did support the Raiders in Los Angeles. The reason for non sellouts was because the LA coliseum had over 92,000 seats to sell out. No team is going to sell that size stadium out on a consistent basis. Al only moved the team back to oakland because he was pissed off at the city of Los Angeles. And the reality is that the Oakland Raiders growth of fan support was do to their time in Los Angeles coinciding with the west coast rap surge at the time. LA is a big part of the Raiders history no matter how mad the oakland fans got when they left. We all understand, its natural, but don't be haters or crybabies.

Read below about the fans in LA:
    "In their thirteen seasons in Los Angeles the Raiders on several occasions drew near-capacity crowds to the LA Coliseum. The largest were 91,505 for an October 25, 1992 game with the Dallas Cowboys, 91,494 for a September 29, 1991 contest with the San Francisco 49ers, and 90,380 on January 1, 1984 against the Pittsburgh Steelers."""""
    And this was in a stadium in the GHetto and with the Major Gang presence coming from that area in South Central. Not a family friendly area at all.

Any new stadium in Los Angeles wont have the huge problems of being in the ghetto or 92,000 seats to sell out.

IF YOU WANT THE RAIDERS TO STAY UP NORTH YOU BETTER HOPE THEY SHARE A STADIUM WITH NINERS. Thats what makes sense and is the only real way the Raiders can play in a "new" stadium in NoCal.

I'm sure "187" will post how some saudi prince or someone is going to build a stadium in Oakland, but its just not happening.

And the city shouldn't be worrying about a god damn stadium when there is so many other things the money could be used for in Oakland.

Like paying the police. Then maybe are RFnet brother wouldnt of been killed in his cell phone store. RIP.
    The Oakland Raiders belong in Oakland, yes they do in my opinion.

Dude I'm not from Oakland I live in Detroit, Mi, I have no other reason to want the team to stay in Oakland other than thats the team I fell in love with when I was 6 years old.

I also assume you missed the 30 for 30 special about the LA Raiders and how LA lost interest in the team. Sure when they were winning you all were there, but what would attendance look like the last 10 years in LA?

I can only hope you become a Charger or Jag fan when they come to your city. Los Angeles Jags, I like it. Los Angeles Raiders I don't.
    Eastbay39 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RadaFan View Post
    The coliseum is serviceable... nothing wrong with it. This country is all about new stuff new things, who got the biggest, who has got the nicest crap. Since when were raider fans so damn materialistic? I went to my first game last week in the coliseum and I was comfortable. Some of you guys really need to stop comparing it to new stadiums. Just because it isn't like the new ones it doesn't mean its ****ty.
    I agree with your view on the comforts of a stadium, but the Raiders would get alot more revenue with a new stadium.
    All i need is a bench, beer, and a puddle free bathroom.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider187 View Post
    Some insight on both L.A. Stadium proposals (Farmer's Filed in downtown L.A. and Los Angeles Football Stadium in City of Industry):

I have spoken to a developer in Souther CA and a developer in Northern CA (both who have kept tabs on what is going down with both stadium proposals in L.A.), and they both equivocally have stated that neither is even remotely close to being ready to land a NFL team. All this "shovel-ready" stuff that you keep hearing from the leaders of these projects is being floated out there to simply keep interest from people in Southern CA in the hopes that the NFL eventually backs their plan.

The NFL isn't even on board with either of these business proposals. At this point, the NFL would rather pursue their own L.A. stadium at another Southern CA location than to jump ion bed with either AEG (Farmer's Field) or Majestic Realty (Los Angeles Football Stadium). Unless something drastically changes in either business proposal, don't look for either of theses stadiums to be built any time soon.
    TRUTH! I'm down here too and I giggle when folks keep saying shovel ready....uh...slow down...ain't nothing even as much as moved yet. City Councils vote on stuff all of the time. The NFL ain't improving jack until downtown LA doubles the amount of holtel rooms downtown as well. A lot of work to actually get that thing shovel ready

Before you challenge the Raider Fans to sell out the Colisseum or say the locals don't support the team Please Read Raider187's extremely informative post: http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...ance-woes.html

Chewy316 is offline Moderator
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFunk View Post
    TRUTH! I'm down here too and I giggle when folks keep saying shovel ready....uh...slow down...ain't nothing even as much as moved yet. City Councils vote on stuff all of the time. The NFL ain't improving jack until downtown LA doubles the amount of holtel rooms downtown as well. A lot of work to actually get that thing shovel ready
    They might not be "close" close, but if you compare them to any proposal in Oakland, they are light years ahead.
    16 to 88 likes this.
    Do it once, do it right. Or don't do it at all.
    Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

Follow me on Twitter: @HBNadolny

Murphys Law is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    I don't think this team should get a new stadium until they can win at least 8 games.
    With Allen as HC do you mean 8 in a season, or 8 total? They'd never get a new one that way either way.

Murphys Law is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    In the stadium issue, I think beggars can't be choosers. The Beggars being the Raiders. If any option comes up, they should jump. For themselves, but for the fans too. Then at least Raider Nation would be able to watch Allen and Knapp get destroyed in style 4-6 times a season.
    Chewy316 likes this.

R8RRICK is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Hell no! Do you guys really want the raiders sharing a stadium with the 49ers? Think about what your saying for a minute.

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    rebuild Kesar!

What a great location for a stadium LOVE that park
    "Darth Vader is a punk compared to Al Davis," Hunter S Thompson

eastbay77 is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    What I see happening is the Raiders will get a new stadium on the same site at 66th Ave.. As the Colisuem gets demo'd, They can temporally play at Cals stadium or at the 9ers Stadium.

It would be too costly to try to remodel the current stadium.

The fact is they are land locked in Oakland, except for the current site. The Warriors are leaving so nothing is to anchor the Arena, concerts aren't going to cut it alone for a revenue stream.

Demo it all and start over, As other have stated we allready have freeway access and bart.

The problem is who is going to pay for it? The Raiders are on financial shaky ground, Oaktown is broke?

Most likely It will be the NFL and private investors.

We wont see any movement on this until both the A's and Raiders leases dry up.

I don't like the LA option, over time I do not see it working out. Even with a state of the art stadium, LA has so much superficial crap going on I see interest waining after awhile. Just like in the 90s when they and the Rams left the first time. Let the Jags or Buff moved to LA.
    r8derd likes this.

MDR8ERFAN is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by eastbay77 View Post
    What I see happening is the Raiders will get a new stadium on the same site at 66th Ave.. As the Colisuem gets demo'd, They can temporally play at Cals stadium or at the 9ers Stadium.

It would be too costly to try to remodel the current stadium.

The fact is they are land locked in Oakland, except for the current site. The Warriors are leaving so nothing is to anchor the Arena, concerts aren't going to cut it alone for a revenue stream.

Demo it all and start over, As other have stated we allready have freeway access and bart.

The problem is who is going to pay for it? The Raiders are on financial shaky ground, Oaktown is broke?

Most likely It will be the NFL and private investors.

We wont see any movement on this until both the A's and Raiders leases dry up.

I don't like the LA option, over time I do not see it working out. Even with a state of the art stadium, LA has so much superficial crap going on I see interest waining after awhile. Just like in the 90s when they and the Rams left the first time. Let the Jags or Buff moved to LA.

The Bills aren't going they just signed a 10 year lease with Buffalo along with a 200 million dollar renovation to their stadium. That why I don't think the stadium in LA is that close to being built or the NFL isn't on board with it. I mean the Vikings and Bills were 2 front runners to move and they both worked out deals to stay in their cities.

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Kezar is getting good use from high school football. This past Thanksgiving I sat in the stands and watched Lincoln High School succeed on a two point conversion to beat Mission by a point for the SF city league Championship. Bob St. Clair, Georgie Seifert, and other Polytechnic High Hall of Fame players were also in the stands that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedkills View Post
    rebuild Kesar!

What a great location for a stadium LOVE that park
    speedkills likes this.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by RadaFan View Post
    The coliseum is serviceable... nothing wrong with it. This country is all about new stuff new things, who got the biggest, who has got the nicest crap. Since when were raider fans so damn materialistic? I went to my first game last week in the coliseum and I was comfortable. Some of you guys really need to stop comparing it to new stadiums. Just because it isn't like the new ones it doesn't mean its ****ty.
    Sorry. It's a DUMP!
    Chewy316 likes this.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information