Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: reality check: we need to share stadium

16 to 88 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersx127 View Post
    http://wp.me/p14QSB-6HaM

With the niners. Unfortunately, this is our only option for a new stadium. We all know a new one in Oakland is not going to happen. Oakland is in a financial crisis and laying off cops but paying for the sports teams each year is a joke. The odds of building a new one in Dublin, etc is slim to none due to the surrounding community and money. And moving to LA is just a horrible idea. Failed once before and there is no team there for a reason. Mark Davis needs to suck it up and realize this is our only option.
    Your the one that needs a reality check.

Back in the 70's it was Al Davis who saw the wave of higher player salaries coming and along with it eventually free agency. He started negotiating with the then Oakland Alameda County Coliseum arena to "remodel" the stadium.

REMEMBER, at the time we where one of if not THEY most elite teams in all of football. The Coliseum refused to give Davis what he was asking for even though he was NOT asking for a new stadium!!! This started the wheels in motion for him to move to L.A.

The other 27 owners blocked him which in-turn started the feud and lawsuits between him and the other owners. Not surprisingly after winning in a court of law the other 27 owners started doing EXACTLY what Al was doing. Negotiating with there prespective cities for new venues or face the prospect of relocation into a NEW stadium. Hence, the Rams to St. Louis, the Cardinals to Arizona, the Browns to Baltimore, the Colts to Indy and cities finding ways to build new stadiums for there existing teams as to not lose them.

The history lesson here is it was AL DAVIS who was, per his usual, WAY ahead of his time and the all the other hypocritical owners that where not.

It was AL DAVIS who paved the way that sent the wheels in motion for all the other owners to make the money they did. If there is ONE team in the entire NFL that deserves it own stadium it's the Raiders.

And soon we forget just what a pioneer this guy was and what he did for all the other owners. And what is the payback for all this? People like you tell people like Mark that he needs a reality check and to just share a stadium that he doesn't even own with a team that has been an NFL darling despite there past owners not lifting a finger to help and riding the shirttails of Al Davis.

Go pound sand pal.

I would rather the Raiders play in there current location then to join another team based solely on geographic principles. If they absolutely can NOT stay in Oakland for whatever the reason I would much rather see them move.

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    I don't think this team should get a new stadium until they can win at least 8 games.
    Do the last two years count?

Pro Bowler
    Blog Entries
    At this point IDC if we share a stadium or not. Its time the Raiders find a new home. << In Oakland

Chewy316 is offline Moderator
    Hall of Famer
    All this talk about extending a lease sounds "nice." However, when I spoke to a Raiders employee familiar with the negotiations not long ago, even they said that any lease between the Raiders and Oakland regarding the Coliseum could be easily paid off should the Raiders decide to move to LA or to any other stadium.

Tbh I'm kind of frustrated right now. We are seeing quite a few teams get new stadiums. SF are building their new one. Dallas has their monster one. Indy got Lucas Oil not long ago. Minnesota will get a new stadium in the next few years (ground set to break there in 2013). And then of course there is MetLife Stadium. Even Arizona got a new stadium only 6 years ago. Once the Niners move into their new stadium we will have the most run down and most dilapidated stadium in the league. And it really guts me to say that, seeing all these new wonderful establishments put up, whilst the Raiders are stuck with a dump. What frustrates me most is that from the outside looking in, it doesn't appear as though any potential stadium proposal in Oakland has moved forward over the last few years. In 2009 there was mention of the Dublin site but ultimately they wanted to build in the current location of the Coliseum. 3 years on and they're still mentioning the same stuff. Not saying that stuff isn't happening behind the scenes but it would be nice for the Raiders to give fans an update every now and then on how things are progressing.
    "If you want something, go get it. Don't let anyone convince you that it's impossible. Make the impossible possible. Do whatever's needed to make it happen. Go at it with both hands, take it in stride, and hit paydirt....."
    ME 11-19-2009

Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

raidernoah is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRaider View Post
    Disagree, I think Mark needs to sale a portion of the team to Roski and make the move back to L.A. where there is a revenue stream. He needs to make money on this thing, not just break even. Raiders are the 30th ranked team with regards to revenue income. Time to go and make money.
    Agreed, this is the best option for the Raiders at this point! LA would have worked out the first time if Al was able to get a stadium built. I believe Al wanted to keep the rights to the LA market for this reason, now Marc may be able to get the stadium deal done.

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    I totally agree with SF raider on this. I have been to a lot of stadiums. I really like the O coliseum . The site lines are fantastic and in the black hole endzone best loaded nachos ever! The seats are not crazy expensive. It could use some fine tuning,but really the O collesium is not what is out of whack. What is out of whack are these new Taj Mahal stadiums . JErry World etc... These are football games we dont need to play football in the Ritz.
    Eastbay39 and B. anthracis like this.
    "Darth Vader is a punk compared to Al Davis," Hunter S Thompson

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Almaden View Post
    Jumbotrons may be obsolete in a few years. With smart phones and tablets getting cheaper, lighter, and higher resolution, I'd be just as happy watching replays on my iPhone or a small tablet. All they need to do if put wifi in the stadium. Much cheaper than a Jumbotron, and you can watch the game while peeing and standing in line for beer.
    Obsolete or not the Texans will be getting the widest and biggest jumbotron next season. Now why can't Oakland do better than the crap they have?

Reliant Stadium to get widest display in pro sports - Houston Business Journal

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy316 View Post
    All this talk about extending a lease sounds "nice." However, when I spoke to a Raiders employee familiar with the negotiations not long ago, even they said that any lease between the Raiders and Oakland regarding the Coliseum could be easily paid off should the Raiders decide to move to LA or to any other stadium.

Tbh I'm kind of frustrated right now. We are seeing quite a few teams get new stadiums. SF are building their new one. Dallas has their monster one. Indy got Lucas Oil not long ago. Minnesota will get a new stadium in the next few years (ground set to break there in 2013). And then of course there is MetLife Stadium. Even Arizona got a new stadium only 6 years ago. Once the Niners move into their new stadium we will have the most run down and most dilapidated stadium in the league. And it really guts me to say that, seeing all these new wonderful establishments put up, whilst the Raiders are stuck with a dump. What frustrates me most is that from the outside looking in, it doesn't appear as though any potential stadium proposal in Oakland has moved forward over the last few years. In 2009 there was mention of the Dublin site but ultimately they wanted to build in the current location of the Coliseum. 3 years on and they're still mentioning the same stuff. Not saying that stuff isn't happening behind the scenes but it would be nice for the Raiders to give fans an update every now and then on how things are progressing.

WHO CARES. its a ****ing game, what you want a new stadium at the expense of schools, police, etc... What is out of rack is not the stadium that the raiders play in but rather these palaces these other teams build and they build at a time of economic stagnation. It's ridiculous

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trur8r View Post
    Obsolete or not the Texans will be getting the widest and biggest jumbotron next season. Now why can't Oakland do better than the crap they have?

Reliant Stadium to get widest display in pro sports - Houston Business Journal

WHO CARES. Football games aren't about that. It';s about having a fun drinks, fun and cussing out bums on the field. Fancy Jumbo Trons, wireless in the stadium and box seats do not excite me. Go to the rose bowl a fuking great place to watch a game, i use to sit on a wooden bench in the dog pound at municipal stadium in Cleveland with all the crazies it was fun as helL!! Screw Jumbo Trons and restaurants in the stadium!!!
    16 to 88 likes this.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by speedkills View Post
    WHO CARES. Football games aren't about that. It';s about having a fun drinks, fun and cussing out bums on the field. Fancy Jumbo Trons, wireless in the stadium and box seats do not excite me. Go to the rose bowl a fuking great place to watch a game, i use to sit on a wooden bench in the dog pound at municipal stadium in Cleveland with all the crazies it was fun as helL!! Screw Jumbo Trons and restaurants in the stadium!!!
    Obviously Mark Davis and the Raiders do... so whether you like it or not start saying goodbye to that **** of a stadium the Raiders call home.

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trur8r View Post
    Obviously Mark Davis and the Raiders do... so whether you like it or not start saying goodbye to that **** of a stadium the Raiders call home.
    I really dont care, to me it is a bigger issue. It's partly why America will continue its decline as a nation.

Hall of Famer
    I don't really care about a new stadium TBH. Getting this team winning should be the priority. They could play in the Safeway parking lot. It won't matter if it's asphalt or grass they're playing on if they look like they have the past 10 years. RM and DA need to get some players that wanna be there and will buy into the new Raider culture. Only then will this team start to see some hard fought wins instead of walking off the field with their tails between their legs

Not to mention, I don't think a new stadium is worth not having enough cops on the streets of Oakland. There's way too much crime and poverty there to worry about something as inconsequential as a multi billion dollar stadium for the game of football. That whole city has a lot of needs and even though the games there bring revenue to the businesses, they need more to improve the schools and communities
    16 to 88 and B. anthracis like this.

Hall of Famer
    i use to sit on a wooden bench in the dog pound at municipal stadium in Cleveland with all the crazies it was fun as helL!!

AwSoMe!!!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by KrimzonR8R View Post
    I don't really care about a new stadium TBH. Getting this team winning should be the priority. They could play in the Safeway parking lot. It won't matter if it's asphalt or grass they're playing on if they look like they have the past 10 years. RM and DA need to get some players that wanna be there and will buy into the new Raider culture. Only then will this team start to see some hard fought wins instead of walking off the field with their tails between their legs

Not to mention, I don't think a new stadium is worth not having enough cops on the streets of Oakland. There's way too much crime and poverty there to worry about something as inconsequential as a multi billion dollar stadium for the game of football. That whole city has a lot of needs and even though the games there bring revenue to the businesses, they need more to improve the schools and communities
    The REALLY sad part is there is little to no accountability for the actions of our elected officials.

THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!!

They can spend OUR money like a DrUkEn sailor and no punishment is forthcoming. All you wind up with is finger pointing in the end.

To make matters worse, they initiate programs that take money out of OUR pockets that SUPPOSEDLY (HA! Yeah, right!) where to be in place temporarily. When income taxes where started they were suppose to be temporary to pay for the war just like the 70's tax on gasoline we still pay. They then take this money and spend it totally and completely carelessly and have the unmitigating gall to say we are out of money!!!

They have been STEALING from social security since forever, as well as the U.S. postal service to name a few and lets not even get into the IRS!!! This whole "Obamacare" B.S. is nothing more then another way for them to take money out of the American peoples pocket to set up yet another coffer for them to raid.

What needs to happen is our elected officials need to be held to the same standard as everyone else in this world. They are nothing but thieves and should be prosecuted as such.
    JoeKiev likes this.

Chewy316 is offline Moderator
    Hall of Famer
    WHO CARES. its a ****ing game, what you want a new stadium at the expense of schools, police, etc... What is out of rack is not the stadium that the raiders play in but rather these palaces these other teams build and they build at a time of economic stagnation. It's ridiculous
    When did I say I wanted a stadium at the expense of schools etc? Go back to my post and read it properly

Are you proud to show off the coliseum as the home of the Raiders? Seriously, if you went to a half decent stadium and compared it to the coliseum, you would realize that the experience you get there is so much superior than at the HOT.

I've seen my fair share of dumpy stadiums. In Adelaide where I was born, we had an Aussie rules football stadium. I would compare it to the HOT in terms of its age, features etc. It was sooo run down just like the HOT. However, it was only once I travelled interstate and went to some other stadiums that I really noticed the difference in quality of the football experience you get. Same can be applied to the HOT and other NFL stadia.

We'll get a new stadium eventually. Stadiums are a representation of the wealth of the NFL. It is not in the NFL's best interests to have the Raiders in a dilapidated dump considering it's a 9 billion dollar a year industry. Give it time, but we'll get a new stadium eventually, most likely in the next decade.
    "If you want something, go get it. Don't let anyone convince you that it's impossible. Make the impossible possible. Do whatever's needed to make it happen. Go at it with both hands, take it in stride, and hit paydirt....."
    ME 11-19-2009

Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information