Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 104
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: the knapp conundrum

  1. #76
    J Raid is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    577
    We would have to score 48 points per game over these last two games just to reach last years sh!tty total of points scored.

    When Jackson was OC he took an offense that had scored 197 pts the year before and we scored 410...with 2 QB's no less.

    The problem was he couldn't accept the fact that he was a good OC and not cut out to be a HC, just like Knapp who has taken an offense that scored 359 pts to 263 currently needs to accept the fact that he's a good QB coach and not cut out to be a play caller.
    UptownXguy3 likes this.

  2. #77
    MadBomber24's Avatar
    MadBomber24 is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    13,686
    Quote Originally Posted by SHWoff View Post
    Rather than repeat the same reasons that Knapp shouldn't be here, I'd like to hear valid reasons why someone who's had as terrible of a record over the past several should stay. And for those who might argue that Tarver has had an even worse season, I'd argue that it's only one vs. how many...?
    Bill Bekichick had one winning season as an HC in his first 6 seasons. He didn't win until he got Tom Brady and several other HOF/ pro bowl players. In fact his record was pretty damn bad for those 6 seasons. When has Knapp ever had anything close to the talent that NE had in the early to mid 2000s?

  3. #78
    DAYFM's Avatar
    DAYFM is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    485
    It's truly infuriating to see some dudes on here defend Knapp despite this 100% undeniable FACT. All the facts support Knapp being a horrible, horrible OC. I just can't grasp people seeing our terrible offense and seeing the other god awful offenses he ran the last 6 years and think he needs more time. WHAT HAS KNAPP DONE TO DESERVE MORE TIME? To top off all that, he was with the Raiders a few years ago and everyone on here SAID THE SAME EXACT THING.

    If you defend and support Knapp, then you had to have defended and supported JaMarcus and Art Shell. Why are they any different than Knapp? As a matter of fact, you'd look smarter saying JaMarcus or Art Shell needed more time considering they didn't have a track record that has 6 straight bottom five offenses.

    It's just sad how bad of a state this team is in. People defending Greg Knapp? I wish the world ended today. I don't know how I can continue to live and breath on the same planet that contains people who defend that waste of life.

  4. #79
    DAYFM's Avatar
    DAYFM is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    485
    When Darren McFadden, one of the quietest players in the league, is getting mad and throwing his helmet due to the playcalling, you know you should find another job.


    OH MY GOD THIS GUY PUT BILL BELICHICK AND.

























































































































    GREG FUKING KNAPP IN THE SAME SENTENCE.

    I AM DONE. STRIKE ME DOWN AND PLEASE FREE ME FROM THIS MISERABLE WORLD I AM FORCED TO LIVE IN.

  5. #80
    JUSTWINBABY9111's Avatar
    JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYFM View Post
    It's truly infuriating to see some dudes on here defend Knapp despite this 100% undeniable FACT. All the facts support Knapp being a horrible, horrible OC. I just can't grasp people seeing our terrible offense and seeing the other god awful offenses he ran the last 6 years and think he needs more time. WHAT HAS KNAPP DONE TO DESERVE MORE TIME? To top off all that, he was with the Raiders a few years ago and everyone on here SAID THE SAME EXACT THING.

    If you defend and support Knapp, then you had to have defended and supported JaMarcus and Art Shell. Why are they any different than Knapp? As a matter of fact, you'd look smarter saying JaMarcus or Art Shell needed more time considering they didn't have a track record that has 6 straight bottom five offenses.

    It's just sad how bad of a state this team is in. People defending Greg Knapp? I wish the world ended today. I don't know how I can continue to live and breath on the same planet that contains people who defend that waste of life.
    The truth is your just a jackass that thinks his opinion is fact. "You would look smarter" if you jump off a f*ckin bridge and spared my eyes ever having to read one more sh*tty thing you call a post.

  6. #81
    Marlo Black is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Day Co-Op (410)
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SHWoff View Post
    Rather than repeat the same reasons that Knapp shouldn't be here, I'd like to hear valid reasons why someone who's had as terrible of a record over the past several should stay. And for those who might argue that Tarver has had an even worse season, I'd argue that it's only one vs. how many...?
    Bill Bekichick had one winning season as an HC in his first 6 seasons. He didn't win until he got Tom Brady and several other HOF/ pro bowl players. In fact his record was pretty damn bad for those 6 seasons. When has Knapp ever had anything close to the talent that NE had in the early to mid 2000s?
    Bill belichick was a championship defensive coordinator for several years with the New York giants before he became a head coach. His defensive gameplans are in the hall of fame. He was very accomplished and worked his way up and earned a head coaching spot. He also coached the Cleveland browns when they were in a poor financial situation and turned them around even before the ownership quit on him before moving to Baltimore. He even coached up the worst defense in the league last year a Hail Mary from winning the Super Bowl.

    Dennis Allen has none of belichicks hall of fame defensive coordinator credentials on his résumé to be given such leeway. The comparison of these two coaches is crazy at best.

  7. #82
    DAYFM's Avatar
    DAYFM is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTWINBABY9111 View Post
    The truth is your just a jackass that thinks his opinion is fact. "You would look smarter" if you jump off a f*ckin bridge and spared my eyes ever having to read one more sh*tty thing you call a post.
    Look at the last bunch of teams he has been OC for.

    Now look at their offensive ranks in those years.

    Now look up the definition of fact.

    Now sit down.

  8. #83
    Marlo Black is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Day Co-Op (410)
    Posts
    2,842

    the knapp conundrum

    And I used Dennis Allen for a reason because he hired the offensive coordinator. He's the head coach so it falls on him.

    I refuse to say his name cause he's that bad.

  9. #84
    MadBomber24's Avatar
    MadBomber24 is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    13,686
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYFM View Post
    When Darren McFadden, one of the quietest players in the league, is getting mad and throwing his helmet due to the playcalling, you know you should find another job.
    And then later in the game when faced with the same situation Knapp called for a lead blast and DMAC got stuffed even worse, making the first playcall that DMAC didnt like look a hell of a lot better because on the one DMAC didnt like there was a nice hole that DMAC couldnt see or chose not to take for the 1st down.

    Quote Originally Posted by DAYFM View Post
    OH MY GOD THIS GUY PUT BILL BELICHICK AND.



















































































































    GREG FUKING KNAPP IN THE SAME SENTENCE.

    I AM DONE. STRIKE ME DOWN AND PLEASE FREE ME FROM THIS MISERABLE WORLD I AM FORCED TO LIVE IN.
    One can only hope I guess.
    the_new_Jerry likes this.

  10. #85
    MadBomber24's Avatar
    MadBomber24 is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    13,686
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYFM View Post
    Look at the last bunch of teams he has been OC for.

    Now look at their offensive ranks in those years.

    Now look up the definition of fact.

    Now sit down.
    Apparently you found the wrong definition of fact yourself.

    Now sit down

    (looks pretty stupid talking like that on an internet board, but you seem to like looking that way).

  11. #86
    UptownXguy3's Avatar
    UptownXguy3 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,294
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post
    I have never argued that our run game hasn't suffered. Obviously it has. However the part about injuries playing a role last year is only valid if you recognize we have had just as bad an injury situation this year. All of our playmakers except Palmer have missed one or more games. Last year we got 4 of our wins when the team was healthy. We haven't had a healthy team at all this year when comparing to last year.
    In 2010 and for the most part of 2011 this team played as a unit...towards the end of the season last year...it seemed like the team began to quit again. I think Hue couldn't deal with the pressure of having the whole team under his lead... but he still did good enough with the hand he was dealt. He took a 12 ppg offense and turned it into a 25 ppg offense in one off season as the OC. I do know this is my opinion but I do not think Knapp will ever help this offense be successful especially in the playoffs. It's too uncreative and predictable.

    I do recognize we had multiple injuries this year especially in the secondary but at least we found one CB that stepped up and Reece stepped up big time. I also want us to draft a RB to help DMC since this guy gets injured too easily.

    My only argument for getting rid of Knapp is so we can have a smarter and more clever OC who can modify the gameplan during the game.....There's alot of guys getting their shots straight from college...lots of teams using college formations etc..We can find a good enough and cheap enough OC. Do we have the talent maybe not but I won't judge this offense's talent due to the limiting OC in Knapp. It's almost like he was hired to punish this team.

    Reggie will bring in better talent and I see potential in Allen (disciplining McLame and having better control over the whole operation)...I just think it was a huge mistake to hire Knapp who is too stuck in the past with a early 2000's WCO playbook.

  12. #87
    MadBomber24's Avatar
    MadBomber24 is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    13,686
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownXguy3 View Post
    In 2010 and for the most part of 2011 this team played as a unit...towards the end of the season last year...it seemed like the team began to quit again. I think Hue couldn't deal with the pressure of having the whole team under his lead... but he still did good enough with the hand he was dealt. He took a 12 ppg offense and turned it into a 25 ppg offense in one off season as the OC. I do know this is my opinion but I do not think Knapp will ever help this offense be successful especially in the playoffs. It's too uncreative and predictable.

    I do recognize we had multiple injuries this year especially in the secondary but at least we found one CB that stepped up and Reece stepped up big time. I also want us to draft a RB to help DMC since this guy gets injured too easily.

    My only argument for getting rid of Knapp is so we can have a smarter and more clever OC who can modify the gameplan during the game.....There's alot of guys getting their shots straight from college...lots of teams using college formations etc..We can find a good enough and cheap enough OC. Do we have the talent maybe not but I won't judge this offense's talent due to the limiting OC in Knapp. It's almost like he was hired to punish this team.

    Reggie will bring in better talent and I see potential in Allen (disciplining McLame and having better control over the whole operation)...I just think it was a huge mistake to hire Knapp who is too stuck in the past with a early 2000's WCO playbook.
    And thats a fair opinion. I am not saying that Knapp is the answer to anything just that he isnt the reason we are struggling this year. And I know that if given better talent he can get better results, but I have no idea how much better that actually becomes. The thing with bringing in a young college guy is in MOST cases (not all, but most) those guys struggle quite a bit as they learn how to attack NFL defenses and make NFL game plans. I wont be mad either way with Knapp. If he gets canned and we get a new OC in here I wont be upset, but on the same token if Knapp is given another year and we can add some better talent I will be fine with that as well. Many on here making all these comments about Knapp had their minds made up before the season started and no matter what was to happen they were going to want Knapp gone. I am not impressed with what he has done, but I also feel like he has had our players in a position to make plays several times each game and those players have failed to make the play several times each game. With the issues I see in how the players are playing I just cant sit here and say Knapp is the root of our problem and needs to be fired. He has shown he can have a productive offense when the talent is there. He hasn't had a lot of talent to work with throughout most of his career, and the best players he has had have all had very good years under Knapp. There isnt one player Knapp has coached who all of a sudden exploded without Knapp except MAYBE Roddy White although White was a bust until Matt Ryan got there. Mike Vick was/ is a terrible passing QB but did have his best seasons under Knapp.

  13. #88
    Jave's Avatar
    Jave is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fairhope, Al
    Posts
    3,126
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post
    what if DA and RM don't think they made a mistake? What if they realize that with the players they have and all the injuries they have had to deal with that Gregg Knapp isn't a problem at all and that what they really need to do is bring in better players and find a way to keep the few players we do have now healthy.
    You mean the identical situation Hue had last season and yet managed to win 8 games and bring us one win from the division title and playoffs?

    What we learned this year is, 1. Crappy player+good coaching =8 wins, a .500 football team,
    2. Crappy players+crappy coaching = 4 win season.

    Pretty simple math actually.

  14. #89
    d-mac37's Avatar
    d-mac37 is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Costa Mesa, Kazakhstan
    Posts
    14,386
    the_new_Jerry likes this.

  15. #90
    the_new_Jerry's Avatar
    the_new_Jerry is offline

    Moderator
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    30,049
    Quote Originally Posted by d-mac37 View Post
    Go Raiders.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •