Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: is Kirk cousins worth trading a 3rd or 4th for?

R8rHead is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

is Kirk cousins worth trading a 3rd or 4th for?

I mean why not? Bring him in and have him sit behind Palmer for atleast a year...everyone knows RGIII Owns Washington ....so I say give it a shot

Thoughts?

Chewy316 is offline Moderator
    Hall of Famer
    He was a 3rd round draft pick. He has only played one game but he played very well. At this point he is probably worth a second to a team desperately looking for a QB. Given the amount of needs we have, we can't be looking for depth at the QB position, especially not with a high draft pick.
    "If you want something, go get it. Don't let anyone convince you that it's impossible. Make the impossible possible. Do whatever's needed to make it happen. Go at it with both hands, take it in stride, and hit paydirt....."
    ME 11-19-2009

Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

Hall of Famer
    No way Washington would give him up for that little, a good young rookie QB to back up RGIII. No way, maybe they would take a first, but he has not proven enough for a team to give that up. RGIII plays a little reckless, my bet is they keep him as a cheap yet good back up for a QB that takes some chances with his health. JMHO

R8rHead is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy316 View Post
    He was a 3rd round draft pick. He has only played one game but he played very well. At this point he is probably worth a second to a team desperately looking for a QB. Given the amount of needs we have, we can't be looking for depth at the QB position, especially not with a high draft pick.
    I agree and respectfully disagree

I agree that we have alot of pressing needs..

I disagree on not looking for depth at the QB position..do you realize who we have starting at QB? A man who is on the wrong side of 30 had surgery on his arm and at times forces passes into triple coverage with no omph behind it..Palmer is one bad hit away from being done..and quite honestly I dnt trust him...besides we are rebuilding and their aren't alot of options at QB in the draft..cousins makes sense

weber_2 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    DMC for Cousins straight up!

fad
    Hall of Famer
    He would be worth having, but the Redskins are not ready to let him go just yet. They drafted him as insurrance policy for RG3 and its paying off. Nothing says they wont need him more in the future so he will stay a Redskin for a while. Im pretty sure Mike Shanahan doesnt want to turn to the likes of Rex Grossman anymore. His QB situation is a dream come true. Just imagine if last year we had someone who could win games behind Jason Campbell....

Cousins may get traded away like a year before his rookie contract expires if he continues to play well in relief.

Hall of Famer
    Have we learned anything from these one year (game) QBs? The Chiefs got screwed with Cassell. Matt Flynn was supposed to be the man, but he's riding the bench behind a rookie QB.

Sadly, I'd take Flynn over Cousins.
    Reno825 likes this.

fad
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by weber_2 View Post
    DMC for Cousins straight up!
    Shanahan has Alfred Morris 3rd in the NFL for rushing at 4.7 a pop.... And if you look at all the backs he had playing well in his history, in his zone scheme (!), I dont think he's very fond of DMC. Plus DMC is soon to be a free agent (like this year?).

Hall of Famer
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...k-cousins.html

Question could have gone there.

Answer though is no. Find and develop your own guy and quit picking up the trash of another that won't work out.

fad
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DustInTheWind View Post
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...k-cousins.html

Question could have gone there.

Answer though is no. Find and develop your own guy and quit picking up the trash of another that won't work out.
    Well he's anything but trash at the moment. For the skins he's a great asset.

All-Pro
    seriously?????? the guy has played one game and beat the browns with all the holes on this team quarterback is the least of our worries, palmer is about to surpass 4000 yards on the season we need as many draft picks as possible to fill all the holes on defense and the o line.
    Chewy316 likes this.

OTF
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by imthedan View Post
    Have we learned anything from these one year (game) QBs? The Chiefs got screwed with Cassell. Matt Flynn was supposed to be the man, but he's riding the bench behind a rookie QB.

Agreed & I would Trade DMC to Seattle for Flynn straight up. Seattle is going to want to get rid of him and the contract so it would be possible.

darthraider76 is offline Limited Membership
    Starter

is Kirk cousins worth trading a 3rd or 4th for?

2014 draft will probably have more QB's entering the draft. That'll be best time to look for one. But trading for Cousins, although wouldn't be a bad idea, the Redskins will be looking to recoup all the draft picks they traded for in order to get RGIII.

Hall of Famer

Flynn is sitting the bench behind the quietest rookie of the year candidate in my lifetime. Look at the stats for Wilson his TD/INT ratio. I'd say Flynn got beat out because some scouts did their homework and brought in an outstanding undersized player that is leading his team to the playoffs.

darthraider76 is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by OTF View Post

Agreed & I would Trade DMC to Seattle for Flynn straight up. Seattle is going to want to get rid of him and the contract so it would be possible.
    Wasn't Flynn Jamarcus Russell's back up LSU?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information