Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree419Likes

Thread: Gill Brandt Comments

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudimus View Post
    The truth is the head coach should be the LEADER in the locker room and on the sidelines. Look at Dennis Allen how can this buffoon command the attention and loyalty of grown ass men, he looks like a deer in headlights most of the time.
    I didn't realize you were such an insider! You know all of this? Of course you don't, you have absolutely no idea what the locker room thinks of him or how he conducts himself in there. Your post is juvenile (like many others, you're not alone) my guess is 13 yrs old.
    Chewy316 and agular9 like this.

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_Raider_Fan View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes absolutely correct.
    Sadly, many guys here will latch on to anybody hinting that DA is a competent coach. Rather than watch the games and see the disorganzied and unprepared mess for themselves, some fans want to search the internet for far reaching affirmations from old timers like Gill Brandt and Ron Wolf, who had their heydays when Eisenhower was President.. I doubt Brandt or Wolf has seen the Raiders play a game this year.
    I'm almost speechless, your cluelessness has reached new heights. You are a bonifide moron with this statement. You wish you had the knowledge of todays NFL that these men have.

Hall of Famer

Gill Brandt Comments

Honestly I'm speechless as to the fact you guys care what Gil Brandt said about DA. I'm not commenting whether he is right or wrong, but the man is probably the most boring radio personality I have heard in awhile when he is on the air I listen to reruns of the Howard Stern show...he's playing madden 95 on Sega while the league has moved on to the PS3

Hall of Famer
    He also said that Travis Goethel was going to be a starter for us.
    He also said that Hue Jackson was a great head coach.
    He also said the Rolando McClain was a "smart, competitive every down middle linebacker".
    He also said that we should be thinking playoffs last year.

Who would have thought that Stanford Routt, Kam Wimbley and Kevin Boss were the difference between a team thinking playoffs and the least talented roster in the history of the NFL?
    Quote Originally Posted by SRV5490 View Post
    Possibly more concerning is the fact that he's a pro athlete wearing a Balance Bracelet. I'm not sure anyone stupid enough to fall for that has the brains to lead a professional team.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    We can post whatever we want to post on the board but the game is played on the field.

possessed is online now Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by reapersgt View Post
    Honestly I'm speechless as to the fact you guys care what Gil Brandt said about DA. I'm not commenting whether he is right or wrong, but the man is probably the most boring radio personality I have heard in awhile when he is on the air I listen to reruns of the Howard Stern show...he's playing madden 95 on Sega while the league has moved on to the PS3
    How does his being boring on the radio relate to his football insight?

Bill Belichick is a pretty boring guy too.
    MikeD likes this.

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor
    Hall of Famer
    Whether he's right or wrong, Gil has forgotten more about football than most of you will ever know.

Notice how the same 3 or 4 people hijack every thread and try to ruin it.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever...

Hall of Famer
    Then Hugh Jackson was a hall of fame coach.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRaider View Post
    Whether he's right or wrong, Gil has forgotten more about football than most of you will ever know.

Notice how the same 3 or 4 people hijack every thread and try to ruin it.
    Goes both ways...check out an anti DA thread and you will see the usual suspects there (SA Sattelle, Hitman, Dtosm, etc)

Now it's not that Gil is boring he lives in a world of 80's football, it's 2012 when a QB can be closing in on 4,000 yards passing and be considered garbage. He is as effective a talent evaluator as John Madden...I'm sorry the game past him by awhile ago too.

This isn't there NFL anymore rule changed/reliance on the pass has ruined there take.

Gil Brandt said DA should be coach of the year for beating the Jags, Steelers, and Chiefs twice? Every year a team pulls an upset (steelers) are we worse than the jags without MJD ? Or the chiefs without an NFL QB? If you say we are then you're just insane lol.

The man remembers what the first super bowl smells like, but this isn't the game he remembers.

blackandblued is online now Limited Membership
    Starter
    For something no one wants to talk about it sure gets repeated often. Bottom line, the team was 8-8. Harping on finishing 1-4 is as lame as just focusing on 7-4. People love to make every excuse regarding the current season while saying there's no excuse for the 1-4 finish last season. Reggie and crew had an entire off season to work with the cards they were dealt.

No one wants to talk about that Son they'll tell you we went 8-8 last season but they fail to mention we went from 7-4 (leading the division) to 8-8 ( and missing the playoffs) by going 1-4 in our last five games.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by blackandblued View Post
    For something no one wants to talk about it sure gets repeated often. Bottom line, the team was 8-8. Harping on finishing 1-4 is just as lame as just focusing on 7-4.
    omg, I actually think your serious with that comment
    Idaraider! and MikeD like this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by blackandblued View Post
    For something no one wants to talk about it sure gets repeated often. Bottom line, the team was 8-8. Harping on finishing 1-4 is as lame as just focusing on 7-4. People love to make every excuse regarding the current season while saying there's no excuse for the 1-4 finish last season. Reggie and crew had an entire off season to work with the cards they were dealt.

No one wants to talk about that Son they'll tell you we went 8-8 last season but they fail to mention we went from 7-4 (leading the division) to 8-8 ( and missing the playoffs) by going 1-4 in our last five games.
    Gosh I wish it was even possible for us to finish 8-8 this year.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    hey guys, here's an idea

instead of attacking members with middle school grade insults, lets you know, stay on subject?

just an idea

now, looking over dennis allen's history, I really dont see anything suggesting he is great at anything

what I really think is going on is he's simply liked by a lot of people in this business and politics go a long way, I mean...why do you think Knapp has a job?
    Attacking? I'm merely commenting on someone else's post... You guys don't have a clue what being attacked is. I don't think you'll find any comments, posts or threads from me suggesting Dennis Allen is great, nor have I said anything similar about Knapp. So don't act as though people are getting off topic.
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

Chairman of the Board
    I'm sorry, but you're telling me this why?
    Because I can and it's true... You want to spout your opinion as though it should mean something, just letting you know your opinion is just that and it doesn't make you an expert...

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by reapersgt View Post
    Goes both ways...check out an anti DA thread and you will see the usual suspects there (SA Sattelle, Hitman, Dtosm, etc)

Now it's not that Gil is boring he lives in a world of 80's football, it's 2012 when a QB can be closing in on 4,000 yards passing and be considered garbage. He is as effective a talent evaluator as John Madden...I'm sorry the game past him by awhile ago too.

This isn't there NFL anymore rule changed/reliance on the pass has ruined there take.

Gil Brandt said DA should be coach of the year for beating the Jags, Steelers, and Chiefs twice? Every year a team pulls an upset (steelers) are we worse than the jags without MJD ? Or the chiefs without an NFL QB? If you say we are then you're just insane lol.

The man remembers what the first super bowl smells like, but this isn't the game he remembers.
    Yet, you actually believed Al Davis was capable of making decisions and he was even less effective as Gil Brandt.
    Idaraider! and Lakim like this.

AutumnWind32 is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    last year's defense has outperformed this year's defense, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    Yep with the same players too...oh wait, what?? We lost defensive players from last year? Get real dude, last year's D sucked and this year's, without key players from last year, also sucks

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information