Quote Originally Posted by Okie View Post
    Palmer > Campbell
    Brisiel > Pears
    Streater > TJ
    Bartel was supposed to be > Routt
    Spencer was supposed to be > Johnson
    Wheeler > Wimbley
    etc....etc....

We were supposed to have upgraded our roster and yet those upgrades are part of a team thats won 4 fewer games to this point. People tend to complicate this debate so lets simplify it. The roster hasnt changed much and most of the players that have changed were considered to be upgrades at their respective positions. Ignore opinions about talent, coaching, scheme, etc...etc.. for a minute and look at it logically

Same or even upgraded players + Different coaches + Different schemes = fewer wins

So, if you think this team lacks talent then the only logical conclusion is that the coaching and schemes are the root of the problem because that same talent produced at a higher level previously.

My point is, if Brandt says Allen deserves coach of the year for winning 4 games with this roster, then shouldnt Jackson win coach of the decade because with the same roster, same bare cupboard and even a few upgrades he won 8 games?
    I agree Palmer is better than Campbell. Streater is better than TJ but we're talking about a 4th receiver here, not a massive impact player. Bartell is not better than Routt and Spencer wasn't better than Johnson, simply because the former guys were healthy and could stay on the field. Wheeler and Wimbley are different types of players. You get more value for money with Wheeler but Wimbley is the better overall player in terms of having a bigger impact. Eric Pears hasn't been on this Raider team since 2009 so i'm not sure what you're trying to say there either.
    Do it once, do it right. Or don't do it at all.
    Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

Follow me on Twitter: @HBNadolny

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_Raider_Fan View Post
    I am bringing up Harbaugh. The 49ers were losing badly with Singletary, who had the same roster Harbaugh inherited.
    As for coaching, i don't think Raider fans are expecting a lot of wins out of any new coach. But it is reasonable to expect some evidence of competent coaching.
    Bad comparison. SF was a playoff caliber team that was underachieving. The Raiders aren't a playoff caliber team.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    I'm curious who do you think should get the blame for the last 10 years of futility? players? coaches? fans? other?
    Isnt it obvious? Its all Knapps fault.
    cheapshotartist likes this.

cheapshotartist is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post
    Isnt it obvious? Its all Knapps fault.
    Word! It's also his fault that the team moved to L.A. and back. It's his fault that Al (RIP) drafted Jastiffcus, over paid Javon Walker and traded for Moss and Seymour. It's Knapp's fault we hired Callahan, Shell II, Kiffin, Cable and hue. It's also Knapp's fault that world is going to end tomorrow.
    stork44 and MadBomber24 like this.

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    If you can show me where I've said Dennis Allen is a great coach I'll eat crow... My argument with you is the franchise needs time to fix a mess that took 25 plus years to create. If you find my comments offensive then Im sorry I hurt your feelings I didn't realize people were so sensitive here at RFN. People have been taking shots at me since I joined this site and I read personnal attacks towards me on a regular basis. The only thing I will say is grow a thick skin or stay off the internet!
    so you basically created an argument that I never positioned myself in

i simply asked what made allen a great coach

and you responded with a smart@$$ comment that was thoroughly unnecessary

don't worry about my feelings, I assure you I dont give a damn, I'm really just telling you about yourself.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    Word! It's also his fault that the team moved to L.A. and back. It's his fault that Al (RIP) drafted Jastiffcus, over paid Javon Walker and traded for Moss and Seymour. It's Knapp's fault we hired Callahan, Shell II, Kiffin, Cable and hue. It's also Knapp's fault that world is going to end tomorrow.
    And Im learning new stuff from POKE now. Apparently when teams get rid of Knapp and the rest of their coaching staff and then bring in new better players so that they get better years down the road (even though they got significantly worse right after Knapp left) its proof that Knapp was the cause of their problems when he was there. Apparently I need to start doing drugs because the posts against Knapp keep getting dumber and dumber and I just cant keep up with them.
    cheapshotartist likes this.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    so you basically created an argument that I never positioned myself in

i simply asked what made allen a great coach

and you responded with a smart@$$ comment that was thoroughly unnecessary

don't worry about my feelings, I assure you I dont give a damn, I'm really just telling you about yourself.

Yep, Dramatic and sensitive.
    stork44 and Yogi like this.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Godinez84 View Post
    , Bey is better than previous years,
    So that's all that we should get from the seventh pick in the first round? OK.

Hall of Famer
    Did I personally say he was a great coach? What it implies is I would be more inclined to believe what Brandt says over an internet forum opinion. Once again people enjoy trying to make more out of what I comment on than I actually said. When I actually come out and type it then you can imply what my thoughts are. It's refreshing to know that people take a great deal of liberty of assuming what I mean... I can promise you if I thought Dennis Allen was great I would have actually said, he was... as always the Raiders fan base over analyzing... Judas F**king Priest!

To be fair let's not pick and choose partial portions of the conversation... use the entire text.
    dude, just admit you jumped the gun and let it go

you can't rationalize your response, no matter how hard u tried

what really happened is you saw my post and you ASSumed I was somebody who thinks DA should be fired

100% wrong

own up to it and let it go.
    Moriarty likes this.

Live.B.A.Raida is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    I don't need stats to tell me knapp sucks, my eyes tell me. Lack of execution? Ok, thats on the players to some degree. They didn't seem to have as hard a time executing last season. Coaches have to correct lack of execution right? We managed to not score a single td against a team worse than us who was barely giving effort! Knapp was not successful how first time around, and isn't doing much of a better job this second time around.

Hall of Famer

The guy is clueless and has obvious issues I tried to explain something to him once and you can't talk to someone that arrogant, just do what I did put him on ignore trust me a lot of threads are a lot better when your not reading garbage.................................
    stork44 likes this.
    "If your going through HELL, keep going"
    -Winston Churchill-

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cosio View Post
    Again, besides Wauffle last season who else still has a job coaching? No NFL? College? Not even UFL....maybe high school?

Nope.

Also Claps, our defense never had a shut out last season....not even to Chiefs who kicked our ass in the first game and in the second game it literally took a Christmas miracle to win it

Sorry to call BS on your lousy argument Claps
    whats any of that you posted have to do with the fact this defense has performed worse than last year?

even with a shut out, we still average more points allowed than we did last year with no shut outs

do you understand how bad that is?

my argument is 100% valid.

Chairman of the Board
    And Im learning new stuff from POKE now. Apparently when teams get rid of Knapp and the rest of their coaching staff and then bring in new better players so that they get better years down the road (even though they got significantly worse right after Knapp left) its proof that Knapp was the cause of their problems when he was there. Apparently I need to start doing drugs because the posts against Knapp keep getting dumber and dumber and I just cant keep up with them.
    I just read that post and responded to it, a lot of these guys have a very selected memory and to listen to them you would think that Knapp came in and destroyed a championship offense. These clowns can't even remember who the last Raider OC with a winning record was. I'll give them a clue Chucky was the HC.

Hall of Famer
    whatever makes you feel better about yourself

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information