Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Dennis Allen, Reggie, and the Raiders are a joke if they bring Knapp back

Vlade_12 is offline Limited Membership
    Starter

Dennis Allen, Reggie, and the Raiders are a joke if they bring Knapp back

I can't believe I see some posters in favor of bring Knapp for the sake of not changing.. People need to wake up and smell the Irish coffee. Knapp is one of the main problems this offense sucks. Sure we could add another play maker, but we went to having a young exciting offense to thinking the players need to be shipped out. I just don't see the logic. We have the talent to be one of the better offenses in the league, for many years if we had a better scheme. Not a run, short pass or run, drop back to a 5-7 pass play. Defenses haven't been fooled at all this season. If management and the Head coach can't see this, then my fellow Raider fans, we are going no where fast. I won't get started with Dennis Allen "the defensive mind" and his judgement of personnel from players to coaches, or the leader. I feel a year is too quick to pass judgement, but I can't say there has been one move that Allen has impressed me. Getting rid of Knapp would be a good sign, and show he has some mojo. In conclusion, a Knapp offense will always falter in the red zone. What is the point of history, to learn for past mistakes!
    RaiduhSmith and POKE like this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlade_12 View Post
    I can't believe I see some posters in favor of bring Knapp for the sake of not changing.. People need to wake up and smell the Irish coffee. Knapp is one of the main problems this offense sucks. Sure we could add another play maker, but we went to having a young exciting offense to thinking the players need to be shipped out. I just don't see the logic. We have the talent to be one of the better offenses in the league, for many years if we had a better scheme. Not a run, short pass or run, drop back to a 5-7 pass play. Defenses haven't been fooled at all this season. If management and the Head coach can't see this, then my fellow Raider fans, we are going no where fast. I won't get started with Dennis Allen "the defensive mind" and his judgement of personnel from players to coaches, or the leader. I feel a year is too quick to pass judgement, but I can't say there has been one move that Allen has impressed me. Getting rid of Knapp would be a good sign, and show he has some mojo. In conclusion, a Knapp offense will always falter in the red zone. What is the point of history, to learn for past mistakes!
    Wow!! Really??? I haven`t heard this perspective before. Thanks for the new subject and breath of fresh air...
    Ted Nugent being interviewed by a British journalist.
    The journalist asked, "What do you think the last thought is in the head of a deer before you shoot it? Is it, `Are you my friend?` or is it `Are you the one who killed my brother?'"

Nugent replied, "They aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French in that way."

raidersx127 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

When you're 4-10, there is no "breath of fresh air"

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Agree 100%
    POKE likes this.

Hall of Famer

Knapp won't be back !! Give this coach an interview for OC after season !!

Pat Flaherty (New Jersey Giants OL Coach) 10 Years there !! Big Blue's O has been ranked in the top 10 the last 4 years in a row ! Always known for good OL's and power run game , not to mention usually protect Manning pretty well , this Oakland OL needs players - yes , but Coaches like him could possibly help this horrific OL too !! DA ? i won't Bar B Q him in this thread either!!!
    Raidermofojeff likes this.

inphinity is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    haven't heard this before.

ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer
    Tenebrous warned us all.

ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer

People act like what they say is new here, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by inphinity View Post
    haven't heard this before.

Hall of Famer
    Rather than state the obvious ....
    It is basketball season!
    Chewy316 likes this.

MDR8ERFAN is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by oakpyrate81 View Post
    Knapp won't be back !! Give this coach an interview for OC after season !!

Pat Flaherty (New Jersey Giants OL Coach) 10 Years there !! Big Blue's O has been ranked in the top 10 the last 4 years in a row ! Always known for good OL's and power run game , not to mention usually protect Manning pretty well , this Oakland OL needs players - yes , but Coaches like him could possibly help this horrific OL too !! DA ? i won't Bar B Q him in this thread either!!!

You realize he has never called plays at any level and you want him to be our OC? I don't think a rookie play caller would be very much help in this situation.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR8ERFAN View Post
    You realize he has never called plays at any level and you want him to be our OC? I don't think a rookie play caller would be very much help in this situation.
    that's fair ! I believe he has 30 years of coaching experience and 10 in NFL with Giants as OL coach !! Just suggesting , would have to find and OC that's currently not on NFL team calling plays , not likely to find an OC to make a lateral move and not a College Coach either !! Or stick with Knapp !! also , Wasn't Winston Moss supposedly strongly considered for HC and he was just a LB coach and not a COordinator ? and Jon Gruden i think was the Packers WR's coach and went on to become the Eagles OC !!

All-Pro
    Worth an interview because we need to change the OC. The oline has regressed and that has messed up the run game big time. I think Norv Turner can do to this offence what Wade Phillips is doing in Houston.

Chairman of the Board
    I could not agree more. You deserve a free steak from Ruth Chris for this excellent post.

MDR8ERFAN is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by oakpyrate81 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR8ERFAN View Post
    that's fair ! I believe he has 30 years of coaching experience and 10 in NFL with Giants as OL coach !! Just suggesting , would have to find and OC that's currently not on NFL team calling plays , not likely to find an OC to make a lateral move and not a College Coach either !! Or stick with Knapp !! also , Wasn't Winston Moss supposedly strongly considered for HC and he was just a LB coach and not a COordinator ? and Jon Gruden i think was the Packers WR's coach and went on to become the Eagles OC !!
    I totally understand why you're suggesting him and under the right circumstances it'd make sense. Obviously good OCs are hard to come by which is why Knapp is here now. I just think bringing in a rookie play caller now wouldn't be the best decision. I'm actually in favor of the ZBS but not a Knapp fan. I think trying to deal with growing pains of a rookie OC with our offense wouldn't be pretty. Plus could you imagine how bad he'd get torn apart on here the first time he made a mistake.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ecnirp View Post
    Tenebrous warned us all.
    Knapp warned us all last time he was canned here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information