Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Kirk Cousins

7DUST is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie

Kirk Cousins

I've been watching him for the last two games. He impressed me a lot!!! Expecially when he came after RG3 got hurt & lead them to victory! He is a young guy 24 years old. Maybe the Raiders can make a move for him? Idk if Carson will be here with his salary next season? What do you all think about Kirk Cousins? He kinda reminds me a little of Rich Gannon with a stronger arm.....

Hall of Famer

kirk Cousins

don't know this kid at all , never saw him play ETC ! all i knew is he backs up RG III !!!

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer

Kirk Cousins

He was a great Big 10 QB at Michigan State University. The kid balled out but idk how that translates to a franchise QB at this level.
    Joe McCann
    Detroit, Michigan

Reggie McKenzie; repairing the bandwagon one flat tire at a time!

kultan is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Shanahan isn't let that go easy

RG3's game is risky and high impact. Cousins is a perfect complement and back up. Of course he can be like Any Reid and pass off QB's for drafft picks but I would think that he doesn't see RG3 as a 16 game QB.

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Kirk Cousins

I think he can develop into a dominating QB once he leaves Washington.
    Hala Madrid | MCFC | Torino

The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time.

2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor
    Chairman of the Board
    Actually, I think what he did yesterday was more impressive than coming in part way when RGIII went down. This time the opposing defense prepared for him - no element of surprise and he played calm and showed no signs of being a rookie. I'm not sure he would be our "franchise" QB of the future, but what would it cost to pry him out of Washington? Would we be willing to pay it?

Sig by Nexx

This is blood for blood and by the gallons. These are the old days man, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choices left. And I'm ready for war.

Rookie

Kirk Cousins

I think the Raiders should make a offer...

Ro_34 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 7DUST View Post
    I've been watching him for the last two games. He impressed me a lot!!! Expecially when he came after RG3 got hurt & lead them to victory! He is a young guy 24 years old. Maybe the Raiders can make a move for him? Idk if Carson will be here with his salary next season? What do you all think about Kirk Cousins? He kinda reminds me a little of Rich Gannon with a stronger arm.....
    Maybe Shreg should have just drafted him instead of the 30 year old guard that can't block.

Hall of Famer
    I think the Redskins have big plans for this kid otherwise they wouldn't have drafted him. They probably know RG3 will take a beating and want a solid backup. I highly doubt that Shanahan parts with this kid.

Rookie

Kirk Cousins

Offer the Redskins McClain, Kelly, Seymour, & Barnes hahaha

ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer
    He looked TERRIBLE early on in that game.

But they let him play through it. They adjusted the game plan and then he performed great.

Shanahan, Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, Bruce Arians....

Sure know how to develop young QBs..

Its a shame that RG3, Kaepernick and Russell Wilson are doing option play and Pryor is not.

And its a shame that Knapp cant call the proper plays for a good vet like Palmer, but those coaches are putting rookie QBs in good situations to succeed.

Totally wasting Palmer's talents imo.

ErMonnezza is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 7DUST View Post
    Offer the Redskins McClain, Kelly, Seymour, & Barnes hahaha
    when a team works is easier for a qb to go out and play well.

he was a good qb with limited talent on offense around him, and he seems smart enough to be a good pro.

good for him.

....maybe he and wilson could have been better than bergstrom.....

B. anthracis is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    They're not going to be able to keep him for very long. I don't know what his contract is but as soon as he can leave Washington he will. I forget the guy's name who was the backup qb on Green Bay last year; but he came in and threw 6 TD passes in one game and then Seattle signed him to a big contract in the offseason. He's not playing right now because the other guy beat him out, but there's definitely precedent for this kind of thing. It also happened for Kolb and Schaub.

Cousins won't be satisfied making backup money and only coming in when RG3 is hurt. Not when he can get paid starter money and be a starting qb in the NFL. Whether he'll pan out to be very good is unknown but if not this offseason, then the next offseason he'll be somewhere other than Washington.

Pro Bowler
    NO THANK YOU, I've seen too many of these productive second string relief appearances, turn into showcases for draft picks and leverage. I want to see a kid plat an entire season, with all his good and bad traits. Not just come into a game without the defense even knowing tendencies. Ask the Cardinals (Kolb), Bills (Fitzpatrick); just to name a few of the teams that got infatuated with QB's before they REALLY knew what they had.
    Chewy316 and tonybobb1 like this.

PowerSteele is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Washington will ask for too much IMO.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information