Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: it may be only the chiefs offense

  1. #1
    R8rHead's Avatar
    R8rHead is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Imperial Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,556

    it may be only the chiefs offense

    But what do you think a shutout against them would do for the team? Of course the season is lost and it is brady Quinn..but can this actually be a benefit for us?

  2. #2
    Hayes_Raider's Avatar
    Hayes_Raider is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    565
    It's fools gold.. Any reason for the coaches or Reggie to believe in the defense is a bad thing because it needs to be completely rebuilt save a few players.
    LINQ, RaiderInSD21 and Rainman56 like this.

  3. #3
    dane's Avatar
    dane is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by R8rHead View Post
    But what do you think a shutout against them would do for the team? Of course the season is lost and it is brady Quinn..but can this actually be a benefit for us?
    Nothing and no. The Chiefs are throwing this game. Our players know it. This means nothing except they draft above us and we get a cheap W.

  4. #4
    R8rHead's Avatar
    R8rHead is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Imperial Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by dane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R8rHead View Post
    But what do you think a shutout against them would do for the team? Of course the season is lost and it is brady Quinn..but can this actually be a benefit for us?
    The Chiefs are throwing this game.
    by this logic shouldn't we be throwing the game too? And this is a divisional game so I doubt they are really trying to throw a game against a rival
    tega234 likes this.

  5. #5
    dane's Avatar
    dane is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by R8rHead View Post
    by this logic shouldn't we be throwing the game too? And this is a divisional game so I doubt they are really trying to throw a game against a rival
    Some might say we should. I got mixed feelings. They might care more about drafting #1 than stale rivalries.

  6. #6
    AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,735
    Quote Originally Posted by dane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R8rHead View Post
    But what do you think a shutout against them would do for the team? Of course the season is lost and it is brady Quinn..but can this actually be a benefit for us?
    Nothing and no. The Chiefs are throwing this game. Our players know it. This means nothing except they draft above us and we get a cheap W.
    ^^^

  7. #7
    raiderwood's Avatar
    raiderwood is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,216

    KC is trying to lose

    It's the only explanation how they don't have points after being deep in our territory twice.

  8. #8
    RaiderInSD21's Avatar
    RaiderInSD21 is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,604
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderwood View Post
    It's the only explanation how they don't have points after being deep in our territory twice.

    No, they're really that bad. Why lose as a player or coach on purpose to get a higher pick? You're not even gonna be on the team next year or in the NFL if you don't put something decent on tape
    SLVR and Black likes this.

  9. #9
    pigspigs76's Avatar
    pigspigs76 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    907
    This was a very disappointing win... the defense played well against a team which if capitalized on their drives would be outscoring us lol

    Good job guys, now KC will inevitably draft the better player while we score another bust just for kicks

    haha oh well, this game wasent worth watching

  10. #10
    dane's Avatar
    dane is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderInSD21 View Post
    No, they're really that bad. Why lose as a player or coach on purpose to get a higher pick? You're not even gonna be on the team next year or in the NFL if you don't put something decent on tape
    Winning this game proably wasn't gonna keep them in the league. You wanna leave the league on good terms with the team paying you the first few years after your football career ended?

  11. #11
    Bringdafunk is offline
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by pigspigs76 View Post
    This was a very disappointing win... the defense played well against a team which if capitalized on their drives would be outscoring us lol

    Good job guys, now KC will inevitably draft the better player while we score another bust just for kicks

    haha oh well, this game wasent worth watching
    Not worth watching but worth writing about? Interesting.

  12. #12
    RaiderInSD21's Avatar
    RaiderInSD21 is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,604
    Quote Originally Posted by dane View Post
    Winning this game proably wasn't gonna keep them in the league. You wanna leave the league on good terms with the team paying you the first few years after your football career ended?
    Why would a player throw a game? A GM who is guaranteed another year might not care too much about winning this meaningless game.

    They've looked bad this entire year. We're really bad but they're that much worse.

  13. #13
    dane's Avatar
    dane is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderInSD21 View Post
    Why would a player throw a game? A GM who is guaranteed another year might not care too much about winning this meaningless game.

    They've looked bad this entire year. We're really bad but they're that much worse.
    They've looked bad the entire. Exactly. Winning against the worst defense in the league does nothing to keep them here. I think an NFL player has to consider how he's gonna feed his family when his playing career is done.

    How do you explain them not running it more than 10 times? They have the 5th ranked run offense and we have the leagues worst defense. Can't explain that ****, except maybe they didn't want the win.

  14. #14
    SoCalRaiders_1's Avatar
    SoCalRaiders_1 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    348
    This team blows! But these coaches blow even more. My only fear is that if we get talented players the coaching are gonna set them up for failure. So F U Reggie, Allen, and especially you Knapp
    biglizardone likes this.

  15. #15
    speedkills's Avatar
    speedkills is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    16,770
    Blog Entries
    2
    well i did see guys actually making tackles and not missing out on assignments.
    stork44, JimmyJazz and tega234 like this.
    "Darth Vader is a punk compared to Al Davis," Hunter S Thompson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •