Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Some noteworthy 2013 free agents...

  1. #16
    djh_raider's Avatar
    djh_raider is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    7,085
    Quote Originally Posted by bleachkit View Post
    Pickins are slim. Better draft well.
    The Free Agency group always looks pretty slim at this time of year. Once the seasons as players get dumped for salary cap and other reasons, the group will expand. There are players like Nnamdi Asomugha that look likely to be cut.
    Hawaiian Raider likes this.
    My Raiders 2014 Mock:
    Round 1 - Trade #5 to Buffalo Bills for #9, #41, and #149
    #9 - WR, Mike Evans
    #36 - DE, Kony Ealy
    Round 2 trade #41 to Chicago Bears for #51 and #183
    #51 - QB, Jimmy Garappolo
    #67 - S, Ed Reynolds
    #107 - DT, Will Sutton
    #149 - RB, Lache Seastrunk
    #183 - G, Chris Watt
    #219 - DT, Beau Allen
    #235 - WR, Jeff Janis

    QANTAS - even when an engine explodes the catering/service is STILL the biggest disaster on a Qantas flight!!!

  2. #17
    Metallica0688's Avatar
    Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Washougal,WA
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidersman321 View Post
    Chris Johnson could be cut...

    Wouldn't really want him though, would ask for too much $$$$ for little production.

    CJ is been more productive then Darren is been in the same length of years in his career .

    He is now only the 8th player in NFL history to have rushed for 1,000 yards in his first 5 years in the league and has 42 rushing TD . 61 times he is ran for 20+ yards during this period
    Has carried the rock 700 more times then Darren has in this time too . Gets at least 200+ carries a season for the Titans .
    Is earned the money he was given because he is showed he is a true feature back in this league .


    Darren is had 1 season of 1,000 yards rushing in the same 5 years and has a whole 18 rushing TD during this time 31 times that Darren is ran 20+ yards
    Darren is only broke the 200+ carries once in his career in 2010 this season is his only second time to crack the 150 carries in his career .
    Darren is made way to much money for the little production he is given us .

  3. #18
    xcraider37's Avatar
    xcraider37 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by kejo7 View Post
    I was bored and decided to look up all of the pending free agents that may be available in the offseason at positions of need for our Raiders. I came up with a list of names, and although I wouldn't necessarily like to acquire some of these names, it's not out of the realm of possibility IMO. So here goes. (a ** will be placed beside players I wouldn't mind acquiring)


    RB (assumind we trade McFadden)

    Larod Stephens-Howling **
    Felix Jones
    Reggie Bush (could be solid....too injury prone tho)
    Chris Ivory **
    Andre Brown**
    Shonn Greene
    Mike Goodson ** (wouldn't mind see Goodson return)
    Jeremy Stewart *** (would love to see what this kid has, I've liked what I've seen so far)



    WR

    Andrew Hawkins **
    Donald Jones
    Domenik Hixon
    Danny Amendola **



    TE

    Brandon Myers *** (MUST resign this guy IMO)
    Anthony Fasano
    Jared Cook
    Jermichael Finley?



    O-Line

    Tackle-------
    Andre Smith **
    Ryan Clady
    Sebastian Vollmer
    Jermon Bushrod **
    Phil Loadholt

    Guard---------
    Andy Levitre **
    Ryan Lilja




    D-Line

    Cliff Avril **
    Osi Umenyiora
    Andre Carter ** (wouldn't mind seeing him resigned)



    Linebacker

    Manny Lawson
    Erin Henderson
    Philip Wheeler ** (another MUST)
    Shaun Phillips


    DB

    Brent Grimes **
    Jairus Byrd **
    Sam Shields **
    Sean Smith
    Aqib Talib **
    Patrick Chung
    Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (would like to have him but would cost too much $$)
    Dashon Goldson **
    Marcus Trufant




    I am sure I missed some names and there will be some other names become available once cuts begin, but damn we need a lot of help...lol


    Thoughts?!?
    Ive seen a few people that like Cliff Avril but living in the D, and seeing him every week, he lives off the double teams that Suh and fairly get. Plus he wants a ton of money and wouldn't be worth it. Remove suh and avril becomes very average.

  4. #19
    djh_raider's Avatar
    djh_raider is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    7,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallica0688 View Post
    CJ is been more productive then Darren is been in the same length of years in his career .

    He is now only the 8th player in NFL history to have rushed for 1,000 yards in his first 5 years in the league and has 42 rushing TD . 61 times he is ran for 20+ yards during this period
    Has carried the rock 700 more times then Darren has in this time too . Gets at least 200+ carries a season for the Titans .
    Is earned the money he was given because he is showed he is a true feature back in this league .


    Darren is had 1 season of 1,000 yards rushing in the same 5 years and has a whole 18 rushing TD during this time 31 times that Darren is ran 20+ yards
    Darren is only broke the 200+ carries once in his career in 2010 this season is his only second time to crack the 150 carries in his career .
    Darren is made way to much money for the little production he is given us .
    Could be wrong but I think he was referring to former Raiders CB, Chris Johnson, now with the Ravens and who will be a FA, lol. At least that was how I read it and did not bite. :-)
    My Raiders 2014 Mock:
    Round 1 - Trade #5 to Buffalo Bills for #9, #41, and #149
    #9 - WR, Mike Evans
    #36 - DE, Kony Ealy
    Round 2 trade #41 to Chicago Bears for #51 and #183
    #51 - QB, Jimmy Garappolo
    #67 - S, Ed Reynolds
    #107 - DT, Will Sutton
    #149 - RB, Lache Seastrunk
    #183 - G, Chris Watt
    #219 - DT, Beau Allen
    #235 - WR, Jeff Janis

    QANTAS - even when an engine explodes the catering/service is STILL the biggest disaster on a Qantas flight!!!

  5. #20
    B. anthracis's Avatar
    B. anthracis is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallica0688 View Post
    CJ is been more productive then Darren is been in the same length of years in his career .

    He is now only the 8th player in NFL history to have rushed for 1,000 yards in his first 5 years in the league and has 42 rushing TD . 61 times he is ran for 20+ yards during this period
    Has carried the rock 700 more times then Darren has in this time too . Gets at least 200+ carries a season for the Titans .
    Is earned the money he was given because he is showed he is a true feature back in this league .


    Darren is had 1 season of 1,000 yards rushing in the same 5 years and has a whole 18 rushing TD during this time 31 times that Darren is ran 20+ yards
    Darren is only broke the 200+ carries once in his career in 2010 this season is his only second time to crack the 150 carries in his career .
    Darren is made way to much money for the little production he is given us .
    No doubt about any of that. The problem though is the mileage. It would be somewhat similar to when we signed Eric Dickerson. He had some good games for us but by the time he got here he was half man, half bondo. Even if he wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, I wouldn't sign him. But then again, I'm prejudiced against superstar running backs due to the financial costs and problems they represent when they go down with an injury. So take my assessments on the matter with a grain of salt. If the guy came here and ran for 1500 yards I'd think he was the greatest thing since Bo Jackson.

  6. #21
    Metallica0688's Avatar
    Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Washougal,WA
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by djh_raider View Post
    Could be wrong but I think he was referring to former Raiders CB, Chris Johnson, now with the Ravens and who will be a FA, lol. At least that was how I read it and did not bite. :-)


    But the only reason I went with Chris Johnson the running back as it . Is that he is due a $9 million roster bonus of his $10 million guaranteed money for next year for the Titans .
    Do they want to tie that much money into him knowing they aren't likely going to be going anywhere next season of the foreseeable future ?

  7. #22
    Metallica0688's Avatar
    Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Washougal,WA
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by B. anthracis View Post
    No doubt about any of that. The problem though is the mileage. It would be somewhat similar to when we signed Eric Dickerson. He had some good games for us but by the time he got here he was half man, half bondo. Even if he wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, I wouldn't sign him. But then again, I'm prejudiced against superstar running backs due to the financial costs and problems they represent when they go down with an injury. So take my assessments on the matter with a grain of salt. If the guy came here and ran for 1500 yards I'd think he was the greatest thing since Bo Jackson.

    No I wasn't endorsing the signing of CJ for us as with the zone don't think we need to have a superstar back as shown that plenty of low round picks or undrafted players have done just fine in this scheme .

    That this was by me of showing that the money that CJ is made is been worth it for the production he is given the Titans during this time . That he has also only missed one game in all this time too .
    Was done so by Jeff Fisher who kept him out of his last game as a rookie to protect him for the postseason game .

  8. #23
    Hawaiian Raider's Avatar
    Hawaiian Raider is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Makakilo - "Da upper Ghettos"
    Posts
    16,635
    A lot will have to do with FA's "demands" and our ability to meet such demands.

    With that in mind, I don't expect us to be landing higher-tier types. I think we'll see more of the Bartell/Briesel types.
    "Be on time, pay attention, and play like Hell when I tell you to" - John Madden's three and only rules.


    Mahalo Blackhole John

  9. #24
    Raidersman321's Avatar
    Raidersman321 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallica0688 View Post
    CJ is been more productive then Darren is been in the same length of years in his career .

    He is now only the 8th player in NFL history to have rushed for 1,000 yards in his first 5 years in the league and has 42 rushing TD . 61 times he is ran for 20+ yards during this period
    Has carried the rock 700 more times then Darren has in this time too . Gets at least 200+ carries a season for the Titans .
    Is earned the money he was given because he is showed he is a true feature back in this league .


    Darren is had 1 season of 1,000 yards rushing in the same 5 years and has a whole 18 rushing TD during this time 31 times that Darren is ran 20+ yards
    Darren is only broke the 200+ carries once in his career in 2010 this season is his only second time to crack the 150 carries in his career .
    Darren is made way to much money for the little production he is given us .
    I was talking as if we were going to keep DMC and have Chris Johnson. Probably should have put that in the original post, sorry about that

  10. #25
    Metallica0688's Avatar
    Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Washougal,WA
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidersman321 View Post
    I was talking as if we were going to keep DMC and have Chris Johnson. Probably should have put that in the original post, sorry about that
    Darren can't even be mentioned in the same breath as CJ as he hasn't done anything other then being the 4th overall pick to compete with CJ in this league in the same length of time playing .

    I would rather see us go after Chris Ivory cheap back just wasting away on the Saints bench . Paired with Goodson & Stewart would be a nice backfield for us and then tossing in Reece as a 4th back sometimes would be plenty of depth for us .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •