Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Now I'm Just Bummed!

Hall of Famer

Now I'm Just Bummed!

New article from Paul Gutierrez: Allen, Knapp keep faith in offensive system | CSN Bay Area

I was really hoping Knapp would be shown the door after this season. It sure sounds like we can expect Knapp and his lame offensive play-calling back next season. This does not bode well for the future. Knapp is not a keen offensive mind. At least not what I want for our Raiders. I want an explosive offense with big name stars. Reading this article, it sounds like Knapp is content with building a so-so offense that might someday maybe have a star player...by accident. Blah!

I'm calling it now. Biggest slap in the face of the Raider Nation: Dump Tarver, Retain Knapp. I will absolutely flip!!

J Raid is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    I won't watch football anymore if Knapp returns.

Knapp sucks. 31 other franchises agree with me.

raider_kin62 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    They CANNOT keep Knapp, no possible way they can retain credibility and keep him.

Can we organize some kind of protest if they do?

Hall of Famer
    I can understand continuity and I can understand lack of talent. I think this applies in the case of DA and Tarver. But in the case of Knapp, he just isn't the answer. I have to think there is a much better offensive coordinator out there who is capable of implementing the WCO with the ZBS. I'm really having a hard time accepting the idea that retaining Knapp is a "wise" choice for the Oakland Raiders.
    lix333, AL 9000 and raider_kin62 like this.

Hall of Famer

Now I'm Just Bummed!

They can't say knapp is gone at the end of the season and expect to see anything for the rest of it. Knapp is a lame duck, it just has to be kept a secret.
    RaiderFunk, Play Hard and AL 9000 like this.

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I really hope no one actually believes this BS.

J Raid is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by raider_kin62 View Post
    They CANNOT keep Knapp, no possible way they can retain credibility and keep him.

Can we organize some kind of protest if they do?
    Yeah, it's called don't show up and stop watching.
    raider_kin62 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by reapersgt View Post
    They can't say knapp is gone at the end of the season and expect to see anything for the rest of it. Knapp is a lame duck, it just has to be kept a secret.
    No offense but, yes, they can. Look at Norv in SD. The guy knows the ax is gonna fall after the season is over. He's still pushing that team to compete. Besides, the guys that will be run out there the rest of the season are rookies or players Reggie is interested in keeping beyond this year. You keep the scheme...fine. You keep Knapp...we're in for a long, long rebuilding process that will only get us to mediocre on offense, at best. I don't like this at all. Not one bit.
    Rainman56 likes this.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by J Raid View Post
    Yeah, it's called don't show up and stop watching.
    I'm down bro.

Murphys Law is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Now I'm Just Bummed!

Of course Allen and Knapp are sticking to their system. It's because they're both to stupid, gutless and clueless to admit they have failed.

They'll know when they finally get their walking papers.

JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    "Yeah, absolutely," Allen said when asked if he still had faith in the system. "Absolutely. There's been a lot of change, and when there is a lot of change, sometimes you don't get the results that you're looking for right away. But when you believe in something, and you stick to it and you know it's the right plan, it ends up working out."

The rest was Knapp.

Nobody knows whats going to happen. Allen would not say anything like this, "Knapp has been a total disappointment, I want to run the ZBS, but not with Knapp. I gave him another chance and he has proven that he is inept at calling plays. When the season ends, I will be telling him I am going another direction."

All-Pro
    God I had so much hope that RM was gonna rebuild us but if he keeps Knapp I am just out.
    J Raid and Dark Gable like this.

Chairman of the Board
    But in the case of Knapp, he just isn't the answer.
    Knapp is the answer. The WRONG Answer......

Mark Davis has to know he can't possible bring back Knapp. It will be hard enough trying to explain bringing back Allen.......
    In the Kingdom of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King.......

No Quarterback with pick 5. Especially the noodle arm Bridgewater or Carr V2.0.......

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTWINBABY9111 View Post
    "Yeah, absolutely," Allen said when asked if he still had faith in the system. "Absolutely. There's been a lot of change, and when there is a lot of change, sometimes you don't get the results that you're looking for right away. But when you believe in something, and you stick to it and you know it's the right plan, it ends up working out."

The rest was Knapp.

Nobody knows whats going to happen. Allen would not say anything like this, "Knapp has been a total disappointment, I want to run the ZBS, but not with Knapp. I gave him another chance and he has proven that he is inept at calling plays. When the season ends, I will be telling him I am going another direction."
    Come on dude. Obviously, he wouldn't say that. But what about, "We implemented a new offensive system and have yet to see the results we expected to see. We're looking forward to having an offseason to evaluate how we're implementing the scheme and how effective the players we're using are in the system. We hope to see improved performance next season with more time in the system and additional personnel to help." Instead of "it's going great! it doesn't look like it and hasn't really shown many signs of improving but we're sticking with it regardless. Maybe someday it'll look better, hopefully next season but if not, so be it. Someday a star will show up, out of sheer luck, and will make all this seem like a worthwhile choice."

KEVIN WYNNE is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    We need talent. We need personnel. We need to get rid of some more guys that can not play or can not stay in the lineup because they can not stay healthy. Skins and Texans run a variation of the same offense. Players are what we need
    Hawaiian Raider likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information