Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Yet another Pryor thread, but different question

Carboran is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

Yet another Pryor thread, but different question

I have been through a bunch of the other threads and I have asked that question and never got an answer. So I wanted to try it here

Let's say Pryor starts through the rest of the year and is bad. What do we do then? Do we give up on him? Do we give him a full training camp? Do we go with him next year, since next year is going to suck anyway? Basically, what's your pain threshold to see if Pryor works? 4 games? 20 games? 2 full seasons?

What if he is Vince Young or Blayne Gabbert like? Do we stick with him?

lukede112 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Young and gabbert suck i dont get your question. If he sucks he's gone no grace period at all.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Carboran View Post
    I have been through a bunch of the other threads and I have asked that question and never got an answer. So I wanted to try it here

Let's say Pryor starts through the rest of the year and is bad. What do we do then? Do we give up on him? Do we give him a full training camp? Do we go with him next year, since next year is going to suck anyway? Basically, what's your pain threshold to see if Pryor works? 4 games? 20 games? 2 full seasons?

What if he is Vince Young or Blayne Gabbert like? Do we stick with him?
    What ? a voice of reason ?

I've got nothing against Pryor. From the things coaches have said, I don't think he is ready to start a game. I think putting him in for bits and pieces in garbage time is fine. You have a real point, if he goes in and is bad, he will go from guys calling him a savior to guys calling him a total bust. For me, he is cheap, you need a 3rd QB, and if it looks like he can even grow into a #2 then he is worth keeping for another year. Whether he is bad if they play him or not.
    foodisgood70 likes this.

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Even if he sucks give him another chance next year.

KEVIN WYNNE is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    What ? a voice of reason ?

I've got nothing against Pryor. From the things coaches have said, I don't think he is ready to start a game. I think putting him in for bits and pieces in garbage time is fine. You have a real point, if he goes in and is bad, he will go from guys calling him a savior to guys calling him a total bust. For me, he is cheap, you need a 3rd QB, and if it looks like he can even grow into a #2 then he is worth keeping for another year. Whether he is bad if they play him or not.
    If there is any trade value in him..Trade him..If not cut him

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Terelle Pryor might be the Raiders starting QB for the next 15 years.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by lukede112 View Post
    Young and gabbert suck i dont get your question. If he sucks he's gone no grace period at all.
    Yes, but how long does it take before we establish he sucks? 4 games. A full season with a training camp? 2 seasons? It is not grace period. It is a logical question of how much time do we give someone to prove himself?

Chairman of the Board
    If Pryor is bad I don't think anything changes. I don't think RM to DA on down expect much from him. I don't think they believe he's the Raiders future. The real question is what if Pryor plays well. Then it gets a lot more complicated. (edit) Then they gotta ask well it's only 3 games. Or we were looking to draft a QB high. Do we still do it etc....
    Heart of Oak likes this.
    In the Kingdom of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King.......
    “We’re not very good … We suck. I am embarrassed.” Charles Woodson....
    Counting the days until this regime is gone....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_Raider_Fan View Post
    Terelle Pryor might be the Raiders starting QB for the next 15 years.
    Dude, that in no way shape or form answered my question.

It is quite simple.

How many games do you give him to prove himself? i.e. Please fill in the blank. "If after ______ games Pryor is not getting it done, we need to move on."

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    One quarter of football is likely all it will take for Pryor to show how good the Raiders offense can be with him playing QB.
    Allen and Mckenzie will have some explaining to do about why they kept Pryor on ice while Palmer was racking up losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Carboran View Post
    How many games do you give him to prove himself?

Pro Bowler
    The kids at least 8 games starting before we can call him a bust.
    Motel Money Murder Madness, Change the Mood from Glad to Sadness......Mr.Mojorising rising rising....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_Raider_Fan View Post
    One quarter of football is likely all it will take for Pryor to show how good the Raiders offense can be with him playing QB.
    Allen and Mckenzie will have some explaining to do about why they kept Pryor on ice while Palmer was racking up losses.
    Ok, I give up.
    kinz likes this.

JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    If they don't think he can transition to WR or TE, then keep him as a #3. He will flop this season, and he will be #3. I do not know how he can be ready, because that accuracy will take a few years to fix, as well as learning to read a defense. He's going to drop back and run often because he won't be able to read a defense or trust his own arm. He is going to have happy feet, and not help this offense at all. This is a massive waste of time because there's no way he is ready or even be beneficial to him or this team. Those WRs need to get in sync with Palmer, they make too many mental mistakes. He's going to pass for under 150 yards. Maybe even 100.

Hall of Famer
    think a worthwhile Chance would be 2 full seasons ! If he has it , fine , if he doesn't, that's fine , can say he was given a chance , and move on !!!

x2RedReaper2x is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    He wasn't drafted to start right away. DHB took a few years to become an NFL-caliber reciever, and hopefully Pryor gets a decent amount of time to mature and prove he's an NFL-caliber quarterback.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information