Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: A Football Life: Marcus Allen

Hall of Famer
    I can't help but think about how much more successful we could've been when it was obviously time for AL to step down, instead he became a hindrance to any potential that wasn't seen by himself.
    cheapshotartist likes this.

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    I'd take Bo over Marcus any day.
    get a fckin clue.....
    cheapshotartist likes this.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Great freakin flick

Enjoyed every min.. cept the marty $hitnhimer
    Last edited by Jimi18; 12-12-2012 at 08:11 PM.
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer
    People are too caught up with Al vs. Marcus.

Imo Marcus was "fresh" enough to have some good seasons with the Chiefs. If they played him a lot those last few years with the Raiders he would have put up good numbers....but I think the wear and tear makes his after Raider years not as successful.

The real question is......Did Bo limit Marcus's "greatness"? If no Bo Jackson...how great could Marcus have been. Marcus had great numbers till Bo Jackson arrived.

He was the MVP in 85. In 86 he battled injuries a bit...Then in 87 they brought in Bo Jackson....

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    Be my guest Bo never took us to the promised land, Marcus did.
    Yeah that OL had nothing to do with it.

HBD
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabbulous View Post
    Tonight's episode features Marcus Allen. Are you guys going to watch it? What do you think of Marcus now and his time as a Raider?

I am STILL awed.
    the man was a poet in the backfield.
    .... What got up Als ass to cause him to regulate him into a FB for 4 years then to bench him for 2 more still bothers me.
    Magic.
    ################################################## ####################################

• Get yer bets in Early boys ... the Odds will never again, be this high.

cheapshotartist is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Yeah that OL had nothing to do with it.
    It had a hell of a lot to do with it Son so did Cliff Branch and our great defense. Football is a team sport and that's why we suck right now. We don't have the players plain and simple but it's Knapp's fault that we are losing.
    stork44 likes this.

Ro_34 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    As would I, Bo was one of the greatest athletes ever. From 87-90, Bo was miles head of Marcus period.
    AL 9000 likes this.

MrWestGrand is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ecnirp View Post
    People are too caught up with Al vs. Marcus.

Imo Marcus was "fresh" enough to have some good seasons with the Chiefs. If they played him a lot those last few years with the Raiders he would have put up good numbers....but I think the wear and tear makes his after Raider years not as successful.

The real question is......Did Bo limit Marcus's "greatness"? If no Bo Jackson...how great could Marcus have been. Marcus had great numbers till Bo Jackson arrived.

He was the MVP in 85. In 86 he battled injuries a bit...Then in 87 they brought in Bo Jackson....
    Marcus was injured in 86, 89' and 91 but everybody buys his bull**** story about Al having some unknown grudge. Allen, although a great player is distorting the truth about a lot of things and tonight was just a reinforcement of why I'm glad Al let the guy walk. His stats over his 11 year tenure don't suggest any thing other than Al had to acquire backs to compensate for his injuries, and preserve his legs for as long as he could.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by trur8r View Post
    typical Al Davis fuking people over I'm glad Marcus went with the Chiefs and beat the crap out of the Raiders just like Chucky beat the crap out of the Raiders in the Super Bowl. Karma was a b*tch!
    If you think Al Davis fuking people over is "typical" you may want to read up on him. Not to mention think about why he's inducted more people into the HOF than anyone in history...Also, the Chiefs were beating us before & after Marcus got there. Chucky beat us the same way the Chiefs beat us during the Marcus years, with a dominant defense. BTW, Chucky has never said ONE negative word about Al.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordAlDavis View Post
    i have the DiercTV- DVR ready to record......

I have nothing against Marcus. I was actually on Al's side though. I think Marcus time as a Chief was very overrated. I am going to get a lot of she-it for this but aside from his 1st 4 years as a Raider Marcus is overrated. Now Marcus blames that on Al but he only had 3 years with 1000 yards. I was also surprised I had though Marcus had a lot more catches per year.......Marcus is no where near one of the greatest RB's ever. I think his best trait was his longevity. Using a baseball term he was a compiler....
    He was overrated. I have seen lots of running backs better than Marcus. He was a great player for his first 4 years as you said and then that was it. You noticed during that special all they did to highlight his Chief years were the victories over us & the run against Houston. Wow!
    MrWestGrand likes this.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWestGrand View Post
    Marcus was injured in 87,89' and 91 but everybody buys his bull**** story about Al having some unknown grudge. Allen, although a great player is distorting the truth about a lot of things and tonight was just a reinforcement of why I'm glad Al let the guy walk. His stats over his 11 year tenure don't suggest any thing other than Al had to acquire backs to compensate for his injuries, and preserve his legs for as long as he could.
    Bo was our only weapon on offense from 87-90. Our QB's & WR's were weak, Swervin Mervin being the best of a bad lot, and then we finally get a Pro Bowl season out of Ethan Horton in 90. The dude only played 8 games in 91! What was Al suppose to do? Are they mad that Al wanted "depth"?
    Naphtali and MrWestGrand like this.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post

I did not no you only needed to have one great year to get into the HOF.
    No but trashing Al Davis earns you bonus points with morons in the media. But hey Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Bob Griese, Len Dawson, Hank Stram, Don Coryell are in over Cliff Branch, Ken Stabler, Jim Plunkett & Tom Flores. No bias there.

ElvisNietzsche is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Marcus Allen is elegant.

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabbulous View Post
    Tonight's episode features Marcus Allen. Are you guys going to watch it? What do you think of Marcus now and his time as a Raider?

Stroke your ego some more Marcus. Most players thank those around them, not Marcus though
    AL 9000 likes this.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information