Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Rolando McClain back at practice

varelas4 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

Rolando McClain back at practice

Paul Gutierrez ‏@PGutierrezCSN

Guess who's back, back again, RoMac's back, tell a friend. Or somesuch. #Raiders #RolandoMcClain #RaidersTalk

This is ridiculous, he should have been cut yesterday. I do not see this as a Vernon Davis type situation. You can't fix lazy and stupid. I'm so sick of RM and DA; this is no way benefits the team or sets a good example.
    OnTheeRize likes this.

RighteousRayda is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Had to have eaten some major humble pie and shown genuine remorse for DA to take him back. It doesn't matter, he's gonna be asked to take a major pay cut to stay next year anyway. I can't see him accepting the reduce pay or the reduced playing time. He may yet be gone next year.

Quote Originally Posted by varelas4 View Post

Guess who's back, back again, RoMac's back, tell a friend. Or somesuch. #Raiders #RolandoMcClain #RaidersTalk

This is ridiculous, he should have been cut yesterday. I do not see this as a Vernon Davis type situation. You can't fix lazy and stupid. I'm so sick of RM and DA; this is no way benefits the team or sets a good example.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by varelas4 View Post

Just because he's back doesn't mean he's going to be playing... calm down
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

J Raid is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    Riiiiiiiiiiight!

First it was, he's gone, see RM and DA won't tolerate crap from malcontents.

Then it was, just because he's back on the roster doesn't mean he'll be back with the team.

Now it's, just because he's practicing doesn't mean he'll play.

Next it will be, he only played 15 snaps....and so on.
    gil03 and OnTheeRize like this.

Worrier is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    The return of the white poodle gives me 100 reasons not to attend the game.

Pro Bowler
    This is strictly window dressing for the NFLPA, it's actually the best possible way to handle this situation. RM, is crossing is T's, dotting his I's, and is NOT going to let McClain off that easy, Rolando WANTS to be cut, RM, and DA are sticking it to him, and attempting to void the remaining years on his deal. Let's just let it play out.......

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    I hope to hell you're right HIT. Otherwise, this makes DA look like a fool. Plain and simple, McLain personifies all that is wrong with the Raiders today. This doesn't pass the smell test at all. I believe Vic Tafur just tweeted that, privately, several players are shocked to see McLain back on the field today. DA better have his act together or he very well might lose the locker room over this.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by ds20902 View Post
    I hope to hell you're right HIT. Otherwise, this makes DA look like a fool. Plain and simple, McLain personifies all that is wrong with the Raiders today. This doesn't pass the smell test at all. I believe Vic Tafur just tweeted that, privately, several players are shocked to see McLain back on the field today. DA better have his act together or he very well might lose the locker room over this.
    Possibly, but none of us know what was discussed in their meeting. As much as players may have been shocked we know there were some elements that were supportive of McClain so who knows what's happening.

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by J Raid View Post
    Riiiiiiiiiiight!

Then it was, just because he's back on the roster doesn't mean he'll be back with the team.

Ro has his next contract to think about -- if he wants the only paychecks that he ever gets from football to be from the Raiders in the form of his current contract, then so be it. If however, he wants to cash in on another contract, he'd be wise to man up, be the model player and put forth a good effort. And, if that helps the Raiders put a few W's in the column while he's at it, I'm good with it.

Hall of Famer
    Him being back invalidates the NFLPA argument in the obligatory grievance over his lost guarantees. If he is here next year, then be upset.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by r8derd View Post
    This is strictly window dressing for the NFLPA, it's actually the best possible way to handle this situation. RM, is crossing is T's, dotting his I's, and is NOT going to let McClain off that easy, Rolando WANTS to be cut, RM, and DA are sticking it to him, and attempting to void the remaining years on his deal. Let's just let it play out.......
    I believe this is more the standard procedure. They want to make sure they haven't done or will do anything for the NFLPA to file suit against the Raiders...

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by J Raid View Post
    Riiiiiiiiiiight!

As much as people on here think the team can just send him packing, it doesn't work that way. As it has been mentioned merely doing everything per procedure... let's see how it plays out first before being so quick to judge the actions of the organization.

Worrier is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Is it possible that we're keeping him because he has trade value?

If so, we've truly entered the bizarro world.
    Raider Ran likes this.

Chairman of the Board
    so he was basically given a timeout...
    reapersgt likes this.
    We want to win. The Raider fans deserve it. The Raider players deserve it, even my organization deserves it. You have to win and you have to win with a vision for the Super Bowl. That's our passion here. - Al Davis

J Raid is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    If i had been living under a rock for the past 14 months and just came on here and saw the way this situation is being handled and looked at our record, i would swear Al Davis was still alive and in charge.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information