Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 2013 NFL mock draft - Todd McShay

RighteousRayda is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

2013 NFL mock draft - Todd McShay

Bjoern Werner*, DE, Florida State
    The Raiders have managed only 17 sacks this season, and DEs Lamarr Houston (300 pounds) and Matt Shaughnessy (285 pounds) are unusually big. They would face a tough call between Werner and LSU DE Barkevious Mingo, who has a better natural skill set as a pass-rusher and would give the Raiders a lighter, faster edge rusher. However, Werner is the more consistent player and has a better all-around game.

2013 NFL mock draft - Where will the top QB land? - ESPN
    crizpynutz likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Move Lamar inside and Shaunnessy to LDE........ Should help

ElvisNietzsche is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    He was born in Germany. In the NBA it seems as though all of the European born players have a strong work ethic and adhere to sound fundamentals. Hopefully the same attributes would occur in the NFL.

Hall of Famer

What if we switch to the 3-4?
    My next door neighbor is a Raider fan my 2 neighbors across from me are Raider fans. A Lion fan down the street hung up a Detriot Lions flag outside his house a week ago.
    My neighbors and I hung up Raider Flags today and now it seems like the Lions fan took his down, huh I wonder why he did that?

Hall of Famer
    What are the chances K.C. and Jacksonville both pass on QBs.

Jamarcus went from a second or third rounder to the number one pick based off a great bowl game and a great pro day.
    I dont' see us picking Werner if we have the third pick.
    If we win a few more games and drop to the 6th or 7th pick, then I wouldn't be surpised if we get him.

We need a right or left tackle (could move Veldheer to right), pass rushing d-end, run stuffing defensive tackle, middle linebacker, corner/safety, a center (move Wiz).
    We need 6 first round picks this year. We will be lucky to fill two of those postitions with quality players.
    raiders_fan67 likes this.

RighteousRayda is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER_Dave View Post
    What are the chances K.C. and Jacksonville both pass on QBs.

We need a right or left tackle (could move Veldheer to right), pass rushing d-end, run stuffing defensive tackle, middle linebacker, corner/safety, a center (move Wiz).
    We need 6 first round picks this year. We will be lucky to fill two of those postitions with quality players.
    We do need lots of starters and also quality depth. I think we need 2-3 more years of good drafts + FA to get a solid 53.

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    It will take a couple of years of sucking before we start being competitive again. We won't be able to fill all of our holes and depth issues in this one offseason.
    RighteousRayda and huggeebear like this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabbulous View Post
    It will take a couple of years of sucking before we start being competitive again. We won't be able to fill all of our holes and depth issues in this one offseason.
    Your probably right, and next year might be a good year to suck.
    Jadeveon Clowney will be in the draft, now that's a guy that would look good in silver and black.
    sundeep and raider4llf like this.

r8erray is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Take Star move Houston inside next to him then draft Clowney next year?
    RaiderFunk likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SLVR&BLK View Post
    Your probably right, and next year might be a good year to suck.
    Jadeveon Clowney will be in the draft, now that's a guy that would look good in silver and black.
    Marqise Lee wouldnt look bad either

Hall of Famer
    If we have the 3rd pick, I'd pick BPA but we need to get a pass rusher, CB and run stuffing DT in the first 3 rounds. RM HAS to find a way to get the 2nd rounder back. It would be nice to pick up a returner if possible so Ford can concentrate on playing offense

We also need a decent RT, aggressive MLB, a durable RB and more depth overall

This team has a lot of needs, it's gonna take at least another 2 drafts to fill them all. I'm hoping a couple of the FAs and UDFAs RM gets can fill some of these holes as well
    JUSTWINBABY9111 likes this.

Chewy316 is online now Moderator
    Hall of Famer

We gotta hope that a QB wows one team in the combine, pro day, workouts etc. QBs are valued extremely highly by teams come draft time, and they often go higher than they should, simply because they want their guy. In addition, given our needs and palmers perceived struggles, it won't surprise me if teams expect us to take a QB. This puts us in a position to fleece a team for all they got and trade down to have more picks, not only this year, but future years.

In terms of actual picks, we're going to need a stud d lineman. Seymour won't be here, doubt Kelly will be either, and given our cap situation, I don't see these guys getting replaced with expensive guys in FA.
    "If you want something, go get it. Don't let anyone convince you that it's impossible. Make the impossible possible. Do whatever's needed to make it happen. Go at it with both hands, take it in stride, and hit paydirt....."
    ME 11-19-2009

Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

Hall of Famer
    It wont matter who we pick because we dont have good coaches on EITHER SIDE OF THE BALL!

Who is going to coach these guys up?? Might aswell take a long snapper with our first pick.
    Give Me Production Over Potential
    Quote Originally Posted by OWShaddock View Post
    ...Success earns you the benefit of the doubt. Failure just earns you doubt.....

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFootball View Post
    It wont matter who we pick because we dont have good coaches on EITHER SIDE OF THE BALL!

Who is going to coach these guys up?? Might aswell take a long snapper with our first pick.

LMAO! Yo this made me laugh out loud at my desk. Now my boss is looking like me like I am a mouth breather.

But seriously you are right. We have terrible coaches. Dennis Allen looks like he is on Advil during the games. Knapp is trash. Tarver is too busy reading science books or something. And the Special teams coach is a bum.

I don't know how Mark Davis is putting up with this bull dookie.

Chairman of the Board
    I like the idea of Werner being drafted.Move Houston inside, Shag @ the other DE.2014 draft, grab Clowney. Now, that would be a great d-line.
    DE-Clowney, DT-?, DT-Houston & DE-Werner
    JUSTWINBABY9111 likes this.
    When you have had your ass handed to you by a Raider, you've seen The Blackness!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information