Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 2013 NFL mock draft - Todd McShay

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy316 View Post
    We gotta hope that a QB wows one team in the combine, pro day, workouts etc. QBs are valued extremely highly by teams come draft time, and they often go higher than they should, simply because they want their guy. In addition, given our needs and palmers perceived struggles, it won't surprise me if teams expect us to take a QB. This puts us in a position to fleece a team for all they got and trade down to have more picks, not only this year, but future years.

In terms of actual picks, we're going to need a stud d lineman. Seymour won't be here, doubt Kelly will be either, and given our cap situation, I don't see these guys getting replaced with expensive guys in FA.
    Agree. Hope for both Barkley and Geno Smith to have big bowl game performances and good pro days. Even if we're not interested, we should show a lot of interest in both.

Hall of Famer

2013 NFL mock draft - Todd McShay

Trade down ang get a 2nd rd pick! I think we can drop to the 10th -12th range and acquire the other pick!

Raidersman321 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I saw something in here where we could possibly trade back to a mid first and pick up a 2nd...This guy could still possibly be available if we do decide to trade down and still have a 2nd rounder...

Either way, one draft isn't going to do it..Need to get talent first, develop the talent, and then build on that talent..

Hall of Famer

Maybe a Manti Teo, Jarvis Jones, Star, or Demontre drop to that range and we grab one of them and in the second Chase Thomas-LB-Stanford, 3rd-Marcus Trufant-CB, 4th rd BDPA
    Defense, Defense

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by r8erray View Post
    Take Star move Houston inside next to him then draft Clowney next year?
    If Star is there...we need to take him! Houston was a DT originally anyway...move him inside with star and get a fast DE at LDE and we straight if we stay with the 4-3
    P.K3100 likes this.

Before you challenge the Raider Fans to sell out the Colisseum or say the locals don't support the team Please Read Raider187's extremely informative post: http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...ance-woes.html

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER_Dave View Post
    What are the chances K.C. and Jacksonville both pass on QBs.
    I think the chances are pretty high for both. The Chefs haven't drafted a QB in the first round since Todd Blackledge in 1983, and the Jags drafted Gabbert in 2011.

Raidersman321 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho5150 View Post
    Maybe a Manti Teo, Jarvis Jones, Star, or Demontre drop to that range and we grab one of them and in the second Chase Thomas-LB-Stanford, 3rd-Marcus Trufant-CB, 4th rd BDPA
    Defense, Defense
    Not really sold on Jarvis Jones. Injuries, can get fatigued, plus Bama sort of exposed him.
    ds20902 likes this.

MDR8ERFAN is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

Trading down will be near impossible unless a player has a huge showing between now and the draft. Plus a team will have to be desperate enough to trade a 2nd round pick for them. Also we have to hope any team that possibly picks in front of us doesn't want to trade out either. If Reggie pulls off a trade I'd be impressed but if not we have so many needs it will be hard for him to miss.

Sithman is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RighteousRayda View Post
    Bjoern Werner*, DE, Florida State
    The Raiders have managed only 17 sacks this season, and DEs Lamarr Houston (300 pounds) and Matt Shaughnessy (285 pounds) are unusually big. They would face a tough call between Werner and LSU DE Barkevious Mingo, who has a better natural skill set as a pass-rusher and would give the Raiders a lighter, faster edge rusher. However, Werner is the more consistent player and has a better all-around game.

2013 NFL mock draft - Where will the top QB land? - ESPN
    Anthony Barr And Dion Jordan will go ahead of Werner come draft day
    Celphtitled likes this.

ShimSham is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    mcshay stealing me and raiderag's guy

Celphtitled is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Barr will probably stay in school. I would like to trade down and Dion Jordan.

Hall of Famer
    What if Reggie drafts Geno or Barkley to develop for when Palmer retires? Not saying it WILL happen, but who knows.

Personally, I would take Te'o in the first.

Hall of Famer
    Barkley is completely overrated and look for him to slide come draft day. There's no way he's a top 3 pick.

As I've written before, I think LT is what I think the Raiders potential trading partner might be interested in if we end drafting 3rd. Loeckel is by far the best LT and plenty of tackle needy teams on the board might want to jump on him if he's combine is as good as his tape.
    Monkz likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Marzan View Post
    Barkley is completely overrated and look for him to slide come draft day. There's no way he's a top 3 pick.

As I've written before, I think LT is what I think the Raiders potential trading partner might be interested in if we end drafting 3rd. Loeckel is by far the best LT and plenty of tackle needy teams on the board might want to jump on him if he's combine is as good as his tape.
    What if he were available in say the 2nd or 3rd round? Would you take him?

I don't believe he'll make it to the 2nd round undrafted, btw. Jacksonville and KC need new QBs badly.

panchovilla is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    No way the Raiders will pick a D.E. with 1st pick. They need someone who could lead on both sides of the ball, M.L.B. or Tackle is more likely.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information