Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Don't We Want To Lose This Week? Draft Position?

beau is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

Don't We Want To Lose This Week? Draft Position?

If we lose we will be tied with the chiefs. If I recall, the tiebreaker is the prior year's overall record right? In that case didn't we both finish 8-8 last year? Either way, we need to lose this friggin game and finish a game back of the Chiefs when it is all over. This season is over. Throw Prior in there and tell every player that you are in an audition for the right to come back next year and play everyone....even backups at every position.
    raidernationbmw likes this.

Foed is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I may be mistaken, but I believe the tiebreaker is strength of schedule. The team with the easiest SOS wins the tiebreaker (with the logic being they played the easiest schedule of the teams that are tied, and they still finished with a bad record).

Yeah losing to KC would help our stock, but do we really want the #1 pick? I mean what exactly would we get out of that? There's no clear cut #1 this year.

blah_blah is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    screw the draft position
    win the game

HBD
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by blah_blah View Post
    screw the draft position
    win the game
    screw this season, look to the future.
    get the rookies some experience.
    P.K3100, D-Tre and CLatino like this.
    ################################################## ####################################

• Get yer bets in Early boys ... the Odds will never again, be this high.

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    If we lose we will be tied with the chiefs. If I recall, the tiebreaker is the prior year's overall record right? In that case didn't we both finish 8-8 last year? Either way, we need to lose this friggin game and finish a game back of the Chiefs when it is all over. This season is over. Throw Prior in there and tell every player that you are in an audition for the right to come back next year and play everyone....even backups at every position.
    Don't worry, we won't win. KC is about to embarrass us. Yes, even that is possible.
    HBD, biglizardone and Sithman like this.

raidersx127 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

Lose the game, better draft position, gruden talks heighten, Allen's days numbered. At this point, why not
    P.K3100 and AL 9000 like this.

OAKraiders94 is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie

Hell no don't lose have some pride play with heart and win the damn game!!!!!!
    zraider94 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    The last three are all feasibly winnable games. I mean, the Chiefs, Panthers, and Chargers are all not very good. If we win all three or even two, our draft position could change a lot. We might go from the 2nd or 3rd pick to the 7th-8th pick depending on what every else does (look at the standings and lots of teams have 4 and 5 wins). Therefore, I would just play a lot of folks to see how they perform in a real NFL game, starting with Pryor. Chekwa for sure, also Bergstrom. Why not Nix too? What the heck. But, I would never root for the Raiders to lose....unless Andrew Luck was starting at me as our draft pick...

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by OAKraiders94 View Post
    Hell no don't lose have some pride play with heart and win the damn game!!!!!!
    Not sure what team you've been watching but what you described is not Oakland.

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    The 1st and 2nd pick might be a problem to trade since there aren't any clear cut top 3 players. But we will probably lose anyways so oh well.

HC Raider Fan is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    We don't lose by choice. We lose because we suck.

ishouldbegm is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer
    i hope we win the last three

Raiders Baby! is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    If we lose this game we really cement ourselves in Top 3, at worst Top 5 position. I hate losing to KC, but like I said before Thursday's debacle I'd rather sweep our division en route to our fourth Lombardi, but that ain't happening without some serious rebuilding. Plus if we get smashed Mark will continue to be displeased and Chucky becomes more likely.
    raidernationbmw likes this.

Raiders Baby! is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Foed View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I believe the tiebreaker is strength of schedule. The team with the easiest SOS wins the tiebreaker (with the logic being they played the easiest schedule of the teams that are tied, and they still finished with a bad record).

Yeah losing to KC would help our stock, but do we really want the #1 pick? I mean what exactly would we get out of that? There's no clear cut #1 this year.
    Yeah we want the #1 pick. Either we will have our choice of anyone we want or we will have way more leverage when dealing. Draft day can't come soon enough!

raider4llf is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Win the game! We've had high draft picks before and blown them. When we picked Jamarcus Russell the Vikings picked Adrian Peterson 6 picks later. Even if we pick at #3 instead of #2 or whatever there's going to be a future hall of famer SOMEWHERE on that draft board when we select.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information