Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Is this the bottom of the barrel?

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabbulous View Post
    Technically the Jaguars are at the bottom of the barrell this season. But that doesn't mean much...
    And they were whipping the Raiders' ass before their QB went down.
    Rainman56 likes this.

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Skvllz View Post
    LoL.. God how i wished the team stayed in LA. So much hatred for a man that gave so much.. and so much hatred towards players who don't deserve it.. mostly by people who can't get over their own bitterness enough to see the facts as they lie.

This team is not going to win anytime soon. But many of you will afford excuses to RM that you never afforded Al.. even though this team was good enough to beat anyone at its high point last year.

We had cap problems each of the two offseasons prior and still managed to field a competitive team. Carson Palmer was a horrible move that lost us draft picks and Cap room.. and Al had nothing to do with that.

The sad reality is, this team is worse off right NOW that Al is no longer running things.. I'm sure some of you will continue to blame Al for how horrible this team plays and PREPARES for the next 20 years though.

"Al should of never drafted Reggie Mckenzie, then he wouldn't be our GM in the first place!" That will be some of your logic eventually. I actually pray for the day that some of you learn about this game and the concept of a team.

This team hasn't only quit on the staff, they've quit on the fans as well.. and I don't blame them. You think bringing in new players is going to change this culture many of you are in for a rude awakening.

I'll put it like this.. this team is not inspired to play for this staff or this TEAM, if i was a player, I'd want the first ship out...Suh instead of Seymour would not help our record in the slightest right now. Neither would AP instead of Mcfadden.

so there's two options.. either get players that will be motivated to play for them (fat chance) or get coaches that can motivate and inspire their players (slightly better chance).

I'll sit here on pins and needles as i'm proven right about the course of this team once again..
    What a self-righteous piece of crap this post is.

You want to talk about facts but the only facts you see are the ones you made up in your own head. The facts of last year are quite simple, if you start 7-4 and end up at 8-8 then you were not as good as your record indicated. That is a fact, no disputes needed. The only team they beat at thier "high point" last year was the Texans game, lets remember that the only reason hey won was a gifted interception. Again, fact. The year before the Raiders swept the division, 6-0, yet ended up 8-8. Another fact. Don't let these facts get in your way, this team was a fasade.

Now you blame the fans for the current culture of this team? How so? You need to explain this piece of trash. So absurd on so many levels. If you were a player you would want the first ship out? Hey your just a fan, nobody here is stoping you, in fact no one would miss you either.

So Suh wouldn't help anymore than Seymour? Debatable. AP wouldn't help anymore than McFadden??? Have you seen Minnesota at all this year? Obviously not. Everyone knows they are going to run, yet he has a slim chance to break Dickerson's record. Yeah, he would have helped, looks like your football acumen isn't has high as you think it is.

You want to debate people, fine knock yourself out, but you aren't as smart as you think you are, in FACT it get's in your own way.

paul0660 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    He is a troll. Don't waste time on him.

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Yes. To answer the thread topic question; so long as Dennis Allen is the head coach the Raider team will be a bottomless pit.

Quote Originally Posted by twoutrally View Post
    More of the same next year unless RM brings in a REAL HC!

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    I can't even count the number of times I have thought the Raiders have reached rock bottom over the past decade or so...

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradoraider View Post
    I can't even count the number of times I have thought the Raiders have reached rock bottom over the past decade or so...
    I was keeping track for a while. The last half of the 2006 season is a blur now (thank God), but I think that was as bad as it could get.

Not absolutely sure about that.

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
    I was keeping track for a while. The last half of the 2006 season is a blur now (thank God), but I think that was as bad as it could get.

Agreed. That team was one of the most incompetent NFL teams I have ever seen. I remember being surprised when they actually got a first down.

At least now,there should be cap space in another year or two, something that wasn't then, and there is a new philosophy/leadership that values making long-term decisions instead of short-sighted ones. There is always a coaching staff with NFL experience as opposed to people like Shell and Walsh who hadn't even been in the league in many years.

danax is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Let's not forget 2009. The offense averaged 12 points a game.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by danax View Post
    Let's not forget 2009. The offense averaged 12 points a game.
    10.5 in 2006, but let's not quibble.

danax is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    10.5 in 2006, but let's not quibble.
    Wow. Yes, somehow I'd forgotten. One TD and one FG per game, plus .5 points for the good looking Raiderettes.
    More reason to believe we're at the bottom. Several ridiculously bad years statistically clustered together with a 2-season breakout then another year or two to retest the bottom. I'm actually optimistic.
    Hungary87 likes this.

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    I have faith the team will make improvements and it might take a couple years but we will challenge for the AFC soon. Anyone that thought that this was going to be a smooth transition is fooling themselves. This year due to clearing up cap space and trying to make moves for the future we cut big money non producing players. Unfortunately all we could afford to sign were guys coming off injuries and many have not worked out for us. That is the chance you take.
    foodisgood70 likes this.
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN
    2014 OAKLAND RAIDERS: BUILDING THE FUTURE ONE PIECE AT A TIME

"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." John Madden
    Join our Social Group: House of Thrills Tailgating Crew. Post your pics. Tell us your experiences.
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/groups/house-thrills-tailgating-crew.html

Skvllz is offline Banned
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion... You know nothing about me to call me a liar is a bit of stretch...
    It's not about knowing 'nothing' about you.. The posts you make are doing the speaking for you.

Supposition disguised as certainty. I really wish Al were around so the consummate businessman could explain how he was out of money and players at the same time.
    He did a fine job last season and our cap troubles were all the same. In fact Al managed the cap to his liking every year.. you guys talk about mortgaging the future when 1. he didn't do this over the last couple years he was in charge and 2. he had nothing to do with the Palmer deal

I've been quick to blame Al for transgressions.. in fact I went so far as to bring it up recently in reviving my stevie brown thread from the first time he was cut here. But unlike you guys I can actually credit the GOOD things he's done over the last few years as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sa_dick_steele View Post

You want to talk about facts but the only facts you see are the ones you made up in your own head. The facts of last year are quite simple, if you start 7-4 and end up at 8-8 then you were not as good as your record indicated. That is a fact, no disputes needed. The only team they beat at thier "high point" last year was the Texans game, lets remember that the only reason hey won was a gifted interception. Again, fact. The year before the Raiders swept the division, 6-0, yet ended up 8-8. Another fact. Don't let these facts get in your way, this team was a fasade.

Now you blame the fans for the current culture of this team? How so? You need to explain this piece of trash. So absurd on so many levels. If you were a player you would want the first ship out? Hey your just a fan, nobody here is stoping you, in fact no one would miss you either.

So Suh wouldn't help anymore than Seymour? Debatable. AP wouldn't help anymore than McFadden??? Have you seen Minnesota at all this year? Obviously not. Everyone knows they are going to run, yet he has a slim chance to break Dickerson's record. Yeah, he would have helped, looks like your football acumen isn't has high as you think it is.

You want to debate people, fine knock yourself out, but you aren't as smart as you think you are, in FACT it get's in your own way.
    I'll put aside the personal insults and address the 'facts' as you like to call it..

How would AP help us when this team REFUSES to run the ball?

As far as you speaking for everyone else in not missing me, there are posters who have already refuted that. You and your Davis-haters don't define the Raider nation but you do comprise of the 'fans' I was speaking of. The hypocrites. You are so blinded by your HATE that you'll never see the team as it lies.. whereas never giving credit accordingly. I don't blame all the fans for affecting the culture of the team in a counterproductive way, just fans like you. the only reason they won the texans game was a gifted interception? lol.. nope nothing that happened prior to that mattered at all lol..and it's spelled facade. I never stated that what I said about the teams potential for success last year being anything more than speculation and my opinion.. as I've stated on numerous occasions. Even as much on the last page. What do you think was luckier that very much EARNED INT.. (they did it with 10 players on the field btw) or the lions scoring 15 points in the last few minutes of a game?

you want a FACT though.. the team has regressed THIS YEAR with Davis no longer running things. There's a fact for you. and the team regressed LAST year after the waif from Al dying passed over and Hue assumed more control hence the record at the end of the year that you so blindly cling to. Numerous opposing players and coaches and analysts were able to ascertain the teams potential for success last year.. but you and the Davis haters will never do or say anything that will give the man the rightful credit he deserves for the good things he's done.

He is a troll. Don't waste time on him.
    and yet you just responded to me.. nice cop-out by the way. And you don't have to convince the people that already hated Davis the way you did. Again the personal insults aren't going to get to me. It's a message board and I actually know what i'm talking about with this team. I always have. The proof is there in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by allengs View Post
    Lovely Post! All Dennis Allen Lovers need to take this Post to heart. This is the Truth about the Sorry State of the Raiders. As long as DA is at the Helm, New Players & Assistants is going to do Nothing to Help the Raiders.
    You and the people like you are the reason I make these posts. I appreciate your appreciation.
    biglizardone likes this.

Chairman of the Board
    It's not about knowing 'nothing' about you.. The posts you make are doing the speaking for you.
    My posts are opinions and unless you are incapable of comprehension I don't believe I've ever hinted that I disliked, hated or despised Al Davis... I've met the man and had conversations with him and just because I didn't agree with how he did things doesn't mean I don't have respect for what he did for the league and the Raiders. The man has been dead a little over 14 months, you've been on this site less than 2 months, I haven't said anything about the man that wasn't true, yet you think you know people...
    sa_dick_steele likes this.
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

Hall of Famer
    I'll put aside the personal insults and address the 'facts' as you like to call it..

How would AP help us when this team REFUSES to run the ball?

As far as you speaking for everyone else in not missing me, there are posters who have already refuted that. You and your Davis-haters don't define the Raider nation but you do comprise of the 'fans' I was speaking of. The hypocrites. You are so blinded by your HATE that you'll never see the team as it lies.. whereas never giving credit accordingly. I don't blame all the fans for affecting the culture of the team in a counterproductive way, just fans like you. the only reason they won the texans game was a gifted interception? lol.. nope nothing that happened prior to that mattered at all lol..and it's spelled facade. I never stated that what I said about the teams potential for success last year being anything more than speculation and my opinion.. as I've stated on numerous occasions. Even as much on the last page. What do you think was luckier that very much EARNED INT.. (they did it with 10 players on the field btw) or the lions scoring 15 points in the last few minutes of a game?

you want a FACT though.. the team has regressed THIS YEAR with Davis no longer running things. There's a fact for you. and the team regressed LAST year after the waif from Al dying passed over and Hue assumed more control hence the record at the end of the year that you so blindly cling to. Numerous opposing players and coaches and analysts were able to ascertain the teams potential for success last year.. but you and the Davis haters will never do or say anything that will give the man the rightful credit he deserves for the good things he's done.
    Wow! You are truly a bigger joke than I thought. I wouldn't call you a troll because a troll will just say things to get a rise, you actually believe your own hype. That is just precious.

Where have I ever stated that I hate Al? I never have, I have disagreed and felt that at the end he made very bad choices for the ball club, but it was his team. Do you want some bad decisions? I got a few, D. Hall, J. Walker, R. Seymour, J. Gruden, M. Shanahan, the way he handled the Nnamdi contract situation and ended up paying WAY TOO MUCH! T. Kelly, S. Routt, R. Moss, J. Russell, A. Shell Pt. 2, C. Woodson, M. Allen, R. Gannon... I could go on, but you get the point. So what good has he done? Besides Gruden? Very little. Mind you, this is from the past 10 to 20 years. He was an absolute genius in the 60's and 70's, heck I'll give him the 80's as well. Al was great when he had someone helping him, case in point Ron Wolfe and Bruce Allen. Disprove it! You can't, you know that is true. I don't hate Al for these things, at all. It was his team and he has always been a part of the mystique. He was the black sheep of the NFL, and most of us as fans gravitated to the Raiders because of it. Call me an Al hater if you want, but you would be a liar for saying so.

As for the rest of your crap post, you have no idea what kind of fan I am. We got people rooting for loses just for a coaching change or draft pick. I'm always rooting for the win, and my posts state just as such.

My blind hate? Glass houses dude, glass houses.

Oh and thanks for proving my point with the "luck" aspect of the Texans win with the 10 players on the field. lol

Hall of Famer
    lol..and it's spelled facade.
    This right here shows you to be weak. You read it the right way yet you point out spelling as if you are an english teacher. But yu are too good to make things personal right? What a joke.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information