Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: If McFadden were to be traded this offseason...

kejo7 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

If McFadden were to be traded this offseason...

I'm just curious who the nation would suggest that Reggie target either in the draft or free agency to replace him. Whoever it may be would definitely have to be good running in a ZBS and more importantly would have to be able to stay healthy.

Thoughts?

Raidersman321 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    If he is available in the 3rd, Stephon Taylor from Stanford...But I wouldn't want to trade DMC just yet, need a good 1-2 punch and a good dominant o-line.

raidersx127 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

If McFadden were to be traded this offseason...

Monte ball. He's projected in round 2 or 3

Chairman of the Board
    Some talks have been the Clemson running back or Giovanni from UNC. I'd re-sign Goodson as well & Stewart from PS looked decent

mexicanraider is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I'm I the only one liking Jeremy Stewart? He runs hard. He runs smart. Has vision and seems like a treat on third down passing.

I would like him to have a shot next year for the starting RB position.

I think we have other areas with clearer needs such as CB, DL, OL for starters. Our DL the 4 starters next year could be new players. OL I see at least 1 maybe 2 changes next year (starters). CB I see us getting (again) 2 new starters next year. I think RB is the least of our problems.

blah_blah is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersx127 View Post
    Monte ball. He's projected in round 2 or 3
    no thanks on the Wisconsin RBs

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    McFadden is only 25 and at the end of his rookie deal. Trading him would be a mistake. Lord knows Reggie and crew have made enough of those already. Re-sign DMC to a new 3 year cap friendly contract and call it a day.
    Reno825 likes this.

blah_blah is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    so give a 3 year deal to a RB who hasn't been able to play a full season so far? No matter if he is only 25, he won't ever be able to play a full season. No player in the NFL with that many nagging injuries ever come to back to be healthy and productive.
    Adrian Peterson has shown that he can take the pounding and play a full season. McFadden hasn't.
    Guy is an amazing player when he is 100%. Unfortunately he is rarely even 80%.
    It's time we cut our losses and let him walk. He will more suited some where he can be a change of pace back to a team where they have an established running game and a good squad of RBs. We are not that.
    And we will be better off getting a RB who can be a work horse and be more reliable.
    crizpynutz and CLatino like this.

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by blah_blah View Post
    so give a 3 year deal to a RB who hasn't been able to play a full season so far? No matter if he is only 25, he won't ever be able to play a full season. No player in the NFL with that many nagging injuries ever come to back to be healthy and productive.
    Adrian Peterson has shown that he can take the pounding and play a full season. McFadden hasn't.
    Guy is an amazing player when he is 100%. Unfortunately he is rarely even 80%.
    It's time we cut our losses and let him walk. He will more suited some where he can be a change of pace back to a team where they have an established running game and a good squad of RBs. We are not that.
    And we will be better off getting a RB who can be a work horse and be more reliable.
    So in other words, he'll be better on a team that knows how to use him correctly. Doh!

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Ask DMC to restructure and give him another chance. If he does and ends up getting injured/not producing then get rid of him. If he won't want to restructure then yeah get rid of him now.

Hall of Famer
    It would be interesting to know Reggie and DA's thoughts on McFadden. Injuries aside, he is a better RB than we have seen this season.

I think it will go one of 2 ways. If the Raiders retain Knapp and the ZBS, McFadden will go unless he miraculously runs for 200 yards in each of the last 3 games. If the Reggie and DA dump Knapp and the ZBS, McFadden is kept for the last year of the deal and we see how he does before offering him a new deal or not.

McFadden is the ultimate tease. He has shown that he can be on of the top RB's in the NFL a number of times. The issues with injury and his problems with the ABS (or Knapp?) are the concerns. McFadden and Palmer are the stars of this offense. One has done very well (Palmer), the other (McFadden) has struggled. Hopefully the passing stats are not enough to keep Knapp around and the Raiders will install an offense that will see both Palmer and McFadden thrive in 2013.
    Raider Ran and Chewy316 like this.
    THE Raiders 2014 Draft Class:
    Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
    Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
    Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State
    Justin Ellis, NT, Louisiana Tech
    Keith McGill, DB, Utah
    Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio
    Shelby Harris, DE, Illinois State
    Jonathon Dowling, FS, Western Kentucky

QANTAS - even when an engine explodes the catering/service is STILL the biggest disaster on a Qantas flight!!!

paul0660 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    McFadden is only 25 and at the end of his rookie deal. Trading him would be a mistake. Lord knows Reggie and crew have made enough of those already. Re-sign DMC to a new 3 year cap friendly contract and call it a day.
    And get 4 games a year out of him or less.

He is an injury machine.
    inphinity and KEVIN WYNNE like this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
    And get 4 games a year out of him or less.

He is an injury machine.
    You obviously do not watch the same Raiders team and games I do.

4 games a year. GTFO.
    THE Raiders 2014 Draft Class:
    Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
    Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
    Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State
    Justin Ellis, NT, Louisiana Tech
    Keith McGill, DB, Utah
    Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio
    Shelby Harris, DE, Illinois State
    Jonathon Dowling, FS, Western Kentucky

QANTAS - even when an engine explodes the catering/service is STILL the biggest disaster on a Qantas flight!!!

Hall of Famer
    We wont just give him away if he's traded, regardless of injury history he has shown the ability to dominate a game. If somebody offers mckenzie a 2nd and 4th rounder or something like that I would feel comfortable in dealing him

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    You give.a late first or early second for McFadden, he's a difference maker.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information