Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: If McFadden were to be traded this offseason...

agular9 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicanraider View Post
    I'm I the only one liking Jeremy Stewart? He runs hard. He runs smart. Has vision and seems like a treat on third down passing.

I would like him to have a shot next year for the starting RB position.
    He actually looked like he could do the job, what did he have, 5.1 a carry vs the browns? Youre not the only one, I like the quality he has. Nice size, seems durable, and reliable. Not saying he's a world beater showed when he wasnt even activated against the broncos, but I do like.

Quote Originally Posted by kauai808 View Post
    Ben Tate.
    This is actually a good name to thow out there, but health problems are a concern. Is he expected to be a FA? RM isnt spending top dollar on a RB.

All this being said, I dont see DMAC anywhere, but here as our featured back.
    crizpynutz likes this.

xcraider37 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by blah_blah View Post
    no thanks on the Wisconsin RBs
    Why no thanks on Monte Ball? This guy runs very similar to Adrian Peterson, are you thinking his results are because of the massive OL's that Wisconsin has year in and year out? If so I may agree, but I think his style will suit the NFL game.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    McFadden is only 25 and at the end of his rookie deal. Trading him would be a mistake. Lord knows Reggie and crew have made enough of those already. Re-sign DMC to a new 3 year cap friendly contract and call it a day.
    While I disagree with you on most everything, I too agree I would like to see McFadden return, we will not be able to find a greater talent in the Draft, I don't want to draft a running back in this years Draft, I want all Defense and maybe OL, I can live with McFadden and hope his injuries may disappear. Unless we could get a 1 or 2 for him then I would listen, but I don't think that would be possible.

blah_blah is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by xcraider37 View Post
    Why no thanks on Monte Ball? This guy runs very similar to Adrian Peterson, are you thinking his results are because of the massive OL's that Wisconsin has year in and year out? If so I may agree, but I think his style will suit the NFL game.
    name the last Wisconsin RB who has a good career in the NFL..
    Wisconsin RBs are like Michigan and Penn State RBs.. great college careers.. so so NFL careers.

coleer is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Putting myself in the shoes of another teams management...I'm not giving up a 1st, 2nd or even a 3rd round pick for an injury prone running back. Even if he plays situational, he could get hurt at any time, even during practice. There are too many other running backs out there and in the draft.
    sa_dick_steele likes this.

2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    So in other words, he'll be better on a team that knows how to use him correctly. Doh!
    If by use him correctly you mean strap on air bags to his pads and tie pillows under his cleats so he doesn't get hurt....then yea.

Sig by Nexx

This is blood for blood and by the gallons. These are the old days man, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choices left. And I'm ready for war.

JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by agular9 View Post
    He actually looked like he could do the job, what did he have, 5.1 a carry vs the browns? Youre not the only one, I like the quality he has. Nice size, seems durable, and reliable. Not saying he's a world beater showed when he wasnt even activated against the broncos, but I do like.

This is actually a good name to thow out there, but health problems are a concern. Is he expected to be a FA? RM isnt spending top dollar on a RB.

All this being said, I dont see DMAC anywhere, but here as our featured back.
    After next season he will be a FA, and we get nothing, I would at least want see the 5 million we save cutting him in 2013, used on a player going into the future. Next season is an 8-8 type season at best, so he can hit the road.

R8rHead is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Wisconsin RBs are like Michigan and Penn State RBs.. great college careers.. so so NFL careers.
    Nice cop out "name the last Wisconsin running back" I'm glad your not part of our scouting team..talent I'd talent regardless of the institution..name the last quarterback from purdue besides drew brees that had a good NFL career..we can do this all day long

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by R8rHead View Post
    Nice cop out "name the last Wisconsin running back" I'm glad your not part of our scouting team..talent I'd talent regardless of the institution..name the last quarterback from purdue besides drew brees that had a good NFL career..we can do this all day long
    You made a horrible comparison

Wisconsin, Penn State and Michigan had numerous RBs who had a great college career, drafted high in the pros and did nothing.
    Purdue has had 1 Qb drafted since Drew Brees.. Kyle Orton.

All-Pro
    You have to judge them as individuals not because of the school name, btw many Michigan backs have had successful NFL careers.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryDizzle View Post
    im a big dmc fan...

but watching him lately had become hard to do..

i figure why not latimore from South Ca..

hes a great rb..very hard runner and can run everydown..
    So we get rid of a rb with minor injury issues for one with major knee issues. Lattimore will be lucky to get drafted. Maybe a nice free agent pick up.
    crizpynutz likes this.

Hall of Famer
    You have to judge them as individuals not because of the school name, btw many Michigan backs have had successful NFL careers.
    Other than Tyrone Wheatly who found 2nd wind success with the Raiders, how many of them had a good career?
    Mike Hart doesn't even count considering he went 6th round
    Chris Perry is a 1st round bust..
    Anthony Thomas was a 2nd round pick who had 2 good seasons.
    Chris Floyd went in the 3rd round played 4 sub par seasons..
    Tim Biakabutuka was a 1st round bust...

there are just certain schools who are great at developing certain positions in the college level but those players never translate in the pros.

danax is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Steelers might want McFadden. Mendenhall might not be around.
    Mendenhall suspended for missing Sunday's game - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

HBD
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    You give.a late first or early second for McFadden, he's a difference maker.
    WHO do you Think DMAC is ... Cedric Benson ?!?
    DOUBLE McCrutches yards
    ...and that mofo had to bend over and beg for a job at vet Minimum.
    ################################################## ####################################

• a football team Lives and DIES in the trenches.

SkullNCrossbonz is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer
    Darren's injury prone but I think he gets another year to gauge productivity.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information