Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Alex Smith for QB?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by drjorgerantera View Post
    Well - it appears that the writing on the wall across the bay is that there might be a QB that will need to find employment. How about commuting across the bay and play for a team that will truly appreciate you.

Thoughts?

Assassin76 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by drjorgerantera View Post
    Well - it appears that the writing on the wall across the bay is that there might be a QB that will need to find employment. How about commuting across the bay and play for a team that will truly appreciate you.

Thoughts?
    The avatar you have sums up my thoughts

Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by inphinity View Post
    Oh Jason Campbell 2.0?

This thread can't be serious.
    Well, I wouldn't say Jason Campbell bad.

Alex Smith does show a lot of grit, heart and fire when he's on the field, and doesn't look like a zombie at all times. I did like his heart he displayed in the playoffs last season, he made some clutch throws.

Other than that, yes he played for a team that doesn't demand much from the QB position. That defense alone can win you many games and get you close. 49ers are the type of team that a QB would dream to be apart of with their running attack, defense, and now an improved receiving core.

I would say no to Alex Smith with the junk we have surrounding the QB position.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by oakhead81 View Post
    when i was a teen i worked for a bait store. after a few years of working there i became quite good in all aspects of baiting. my boss and some coworkers considered me a master baiter.
    Masterbaiter------Master Raider
    Six to one--half a dozen the other
    Either way a lack of scoring..

SkullNCrossbonz is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer
    We already have Alex Smith...His name is Carson Palmer.
    ThePointAfterIG likes this.

blackandblued is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Some of you honestly think Alex Smith would've done as good or better than Carson Palmer this season?! Did you forget his first six seasons in the NFL?
    mike taylor likes this.

dredful is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    God no. Alex Smith is the reincarnation of Jay Schroeder... anyone who thinks getting Smith is a good move needs their head examined.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by dredful View Post
    God no. Alex Smith is the reincarnation of Jay Schroeder... anyone who thinks getting Smith is a good move needs their head examined.
    Sorry, I would have to strongly disagree on that, I watched every Schroeder snap, Alex Smith would be an upgrade (besides arm strength, that is the ONLY thing Jay has over Alex). We might actually had a chance that day in Buffalo (1990 I think), if we had an actual game manager, like Smith. I remember thinking we were going to another Super Bowl. I think the score was 51-3 or some crap like that. I remember swearing Schroeder was paid off because he kept throwing the ball directly to Buffalo secondary members. What a nightmare that was. Even more disgusting is the fact that, at this point, I would love to be that competitive again. The NFL SUCKS, when The Raiders are not relevant. I'm going back to bed..........call me when the Draft is on

Chairman of the Board
    Never thought I would see the day when a Raider fan would inquire thoughts regarding Alexander Smith.

Man we have really hit the bottom of the commode.....lol

Pro Bowler
    We dont have any money for a new qb right now, money would be better spent on the rest of the positions.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information