Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Alex Smith for QB?

Hall of Famer

Alex Smith for QB?

Alex smith=Jason Campbell. He only plays good with a great OC helping him out. Other then that he sucks. I think it was Norv that had him playing decent till he took off to the chargers.

I really wish we had better coordinators! Guys like Rex Ryan and Norv amazing jobs as coordinators but can't run an entire team. We haven't had a HC choose a great staff in a very very long time!!!
    Give Me Production Over Potential
    Quote Originally Posted by OWShaddock View Post
    ...Success earns you the benefit of the doubt. Failure just earns you doubt.....

mike taylor is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePointAfterIG View Post
    The Raiders already have one teams trash (CarSon PalmHer), we don't need another one, even though Alex Smith is light years better than CarSon, and still Alex is average. Tells you all you need to know about PalmHer.

I'm convinced some people here are just idiots.

Chairman of the Board

weber_2 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I would rather have Jason Campbell

Hall of Famer

Alex Smith for QB?

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by mike taylor View Post

I'm convinced some people here are just idiots.

Maybe we should thank Carson - Bengalszone Message Boards
    Twitter Reacts to Carson Palmer's Struggles, Raiders' Loss to Broncos | Bleacher Report

"I agree, overall, that Carson leaving Cincy was the best thing that could have happened considering what we got for him.

However, I disagree with some of the benefits. Marvin has said publicly that Brown was the brains behind the Carson trade. Marvin apparently wanted to let Carson go for far less, but Brown had the patience to wait it out and maximize what they got for him."

Like I said before, CarSon was trash that the Raiders (via Hue Jackson) bought into. You want to refer to idiots you may want to start with Cincy's front office, and their fanbase who dumped the trash on the Raiders and did it for 2 very high draft picks. Looking at their record since the trade, versus the Raiders record since the trade, I'd say they made a pretty ingenious move. For all you "all-knowing" Palmer fan police, ask yourself this question: If CarSon PalmHer was so darn good...why did the Bengals unload him? Why would a team unload a star player they thought gave them a chance to be competitive or give them a shot at a title? (And if he was a locker room cancer who quit on his team and didn't honor his contract, why would any sane team pick him up?)

Face it, Hue Jackson was a plant that pulled a quick one over on the Raiders. One of the worst trades ever done in the history of the NFL, and no less by a coach that left the following year to the team that got insane compensation for a QB on the decline. Sugarcoat Palmer's stats all you want but the fact remains a QB is supposed to be a leader and directly reflect a team/franchise. Raiders are 3 - 10. You can go ahead and start making excuses for why the record is like it is, as usual blame everyone except Palmer.

Truth is this team quit on Palmer the moment he came to this franchise. Gee, wonder why?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by drjorgerantera View Post
    Well - it appears that the writing on the wall across the bay is that there might be a QB that will need to find employment. How about commuting across the bay and play for a team that will truly appreciate you.

Thoughts?
    This is what happens when you really don't watch football you kinda just look at scores and records to see who's winning, SMH.

If you follow along you'd understand that a QB like Smith while a good fit for a team like the niners is not that same QB on a team like the Raiders. I know it may sound weird to you but trust us it makes complete sense.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by drjorgerantera View Post
    Well - it appears that the writing on the wall across the bay is that there might be a QB that will need to find employment. How about commuting across the bay and play for a team that will truly appreciate you.

Thoughts?
    No thank you. I would pass on him.
    I'll give you black sensations up and down your spine
    If you're into evil, you're a friend of mine
    See the white light flashing as I split the night
    Cos if good's on the left then I'm sticking to the right

Hells Bells - ACDC

Hall of Famer

"I agree, overall, that Carson leaving Cincy was the best thing that could have happened considering what we got for him.

However, I disagree with some of the benefits. Marvin has said publicly that Brown was the brains behind the Carson trade. Marvin apparently wanted to let Carson go for far less, but Brown had the patience to wait it out and maximize what they got for him."

Like I said before, CarSon was trash that the Raiders (via Hue Jackson) bought into. You want to refer to idiots you may want to start with Cincy's front office, and their fanbase who dumped the trash on the Raiders and did it for 2 very high draft picks. Looking at their record since the trade, versus the Raiders record since the trade, I'd say they made a pretty ingenious move. For all you "all-knowing" Palmer fan police, ask yourself this question: If CarSon PalmHer was so darn good...why did the Bengals unload him? Why would a team unload a star player they thought gave them a chance to be competitive or give them a shot at a title? (And if he was a locker room cancer who quit on his team and didn't honor his contract, why would any sane team pick him up?)

Face it, Hue Jackson was a plant that pulled a quick one over on the Raiders. One of the worst trades ever done in the history of the NFL, and no less by a coach that left the following year to the team that got insane compensation for a QB on the decline. Sugarcoat Palmer's stats all you want but the fact remains a QB is supposed to be a leader and directly reflect a team/franchise. Raiders are 3 - 10. You can go ahead and start making excuses for why the record is like it is, as usual blame everyone except Palmer.

Truth is this team quit on Palmer the moment he came to this franchise. Gee, wonder why?
    Relax dude..the Bungholes are nothing to write home about! they're hovering 1 game above 500 and 9 of their games so far have been against barely average to mediocre teams and only won 1 game that they were expected to lose.
    JUSTWINBABY9111 likes this.

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    I was very suprised following last season, when the 49ers re-signed Alex Smith.

paul0660 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    With a competent OL, OC, and a wideout other than Streater, Smith is a consideration. Both Palmer and Smith might be on the same level salary wise, but as has been stated, the rest of the team matters.

Kind of like poker. You can be the best player in the world................and the cards matter.
    Raider Ran likes this.

mike taylor is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Twitter Reacts to Carson Palmer's Struggles, Raiders' Loss to Broncos | Bleacher Report

But you said Alex Smith was better than carson palmer.....

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by mike taylor View Post
    But you said Alex Smith was better than carson palmer.....

Are you oblivious to facts man?

Alex Smith, QB for the San Francisco 49ers at NFL.com
    Carson Palmer, QB for the Oakland Raiders at NFL.com

104.1 vs 85.3

In what universe is 85.3 > 104.1 lol

Even if you compare Palmer vs Smith up to the point Smith got injured, his rating at the time was still better than Palmer's.

Send a Dave Chapelle laughing gif to NFL.com while you're at it. According to you stats/ratings can be thrown out the window.

But yeah they're still both garbage. Alex Smith just stinks less than CarSon at this point in time, he just happens to be under a much better QB in Kaepernick.

Hall of Famer
    Are you oblivious to facts man?

Alex Smith, QB for the San Francisco 49ers at NFL.com
    Carson Palmer, QB for the Oakland Raiders at NFL.com

104.1 vs 85.3

In what universe is 85.3 > 104.1 lol

Send a Dave Chapelle laughing gif to NFL.com while you're at it. According to you stats can be thrown out the window.

But yeah they're still both garbage. Alex Smith just stinks less than CarSon at this point in time.
    Uhmmm, you're leaving out Smith's career rating of 70.1 with an avg of 6.56 and completion percentage under 60. Now, look up Palmer's. No, wait, I'll save you the trouble -- his numbers are better.

JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch
    Raider Ran and SLVR and Black like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information