Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: DA, I got your back

defiance is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

DA, I got your back

As much as I want to blame him for most of our woes Im stickin with the guy. I see alot of talent and saavy from this guy when it comes to the big picture.Is it me or does this remind ya of another coach / situation with Shanahan? There are some crazy similarties when ya look at it and I hope we dont make same mistake we did with Mike, we all seen where that nipped us a ggod one down road lol. I think he just needs a lil time to right the ship. I like Shanahan and have to admit I was one those harping on Mike back in the day but realized hmmm.... it has alot to do with personel and their willingness to achieve greatness .

DA prove us wrong .... I wanna be like Mike!

Hall of Famer
    Sorry but I have not seen anything to write home about from this guy. I believe he deserves another year as the HC of the Raiders but I'm still waiting to see his brilliance shine through. The assistant coaches he brought in have all been questionable at best. The defense has shown nothing most of the season which is difficult to phathom considering his background is on the defensive side of the ball. His game management has been a head scratcher at times and some of the personnel moves leave much to be desired. So, while I'm willing to let DA have another run at it next year, I'm still not impressed. At some point, a leader steps up and makes his mark on the team. To this point, DA has not done that. Until he does, I still think we are in search of the next HC of the Oakland Raiders.
    Sardonicus likes this.

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    I think DA is going through growing pains of any 1st year HC. The telling factor will be how he corrects it. We can not keep changing coaches yearly. As for the other areas of the coaching staff they should be gone except Tarver which I think with some talented players can get this D playing well.
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN
    2014 OAKLAND RAIDERS: BUILDING THE FUTURE ONE PIECE AT A TIME

"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." John Madden
    Join our Social Group: House of Thrills Tailgating Crew. Post your pics. Tell us your experiences.
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/groups/house-thrills-tailgating-crew.html

j_sizzle is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider Ran View Post
    I think DA is going through growing pains of any 1st year HC. The telling factor will be how he corrects it. We can not keep changing coaches yearly. As for the other areas of the coaching staff they should be gone except Tarver which I think with some talented players can get this D playing well.
    Tarver is worse than Bresnahan, his a$$ needs to be shown the door. As for DA we shall see but he ain't showing me anything to have confidence in him.

truepirate1966 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by defiance View Post
    As much as I want to blame him for most of our woes Im stickin with the guy. I see alot of talent and saavy from this guy when it comes to the big picture.Is it me or does this remind ya of another coach / situation with Shanahan? There are some crazy similarties when ya look at it and I hope we dont make same mistake we did with Mike, we all seen where that nipped us a ggod one down road lol. I think he just needs a lil time to right the ship. I like Shanahan and have to admit I was one those harping on Mike back in the day but realized hmmm.... it has alot to do with personel and their willingness to achieve greatness .

DA prove us wrong .... I wanna be like Mike!
    Well, saying that you liked the Shana rat, probably won't win you any popularity contests around here but some of your points are valid, as in he knows how to win with the wright personnel but I always saw him as a back stabbing type after what I heard happened here and what was said about what happened in Denver where he and Elway went behind Reeves back and basically undermined him to get the head coach spot. Im not saying I like Dan Reeves, only if its true, I and many others didn't think the approach was very ethical, not to mention he looks like a rat and was the Bronco's coach, so it was easy to hate the guy.

FROZEN is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

DA, I got your back

DA gets on the radio and says that Pryor should see the field this week and it takes you over 2 hours to post that you have his back?

You're slippin!
    Raider6 1 9 likes this.

Chairman of the Board
    Unless it's (eventually) being fired by the Raiders I don't see any similarities between Allen and the Rat-Bastard ShanaHandJob.... Shanahan took a five win team and in his 1st year with the Raiders had 7 wins. The Rat wanted to do smart things like start Tim Brown over Willie Gault. Al wouldn't let him.... Allen took an 8 win team and turned it into a 3 or 4 win team. Right now I see more similarities between Allen and either Art Shell V2.0 or Joe Bugel...... Like Shell V2.0 or Bugel Allen has shown absolutely nothing to say he deserves another year.....

(edit) Although I don't think Allen has done anything to say he deserves another year. I wouldn't just fire him unless a Peyton or Gruden or other coach with a good track record were brought in. But at the very least Knapp, Pollack and Hoffman have to go.....

J. Tarver. This is why at this point he gets a pass from me. The D sucked last year. It sucks this year. It hasn't regressed a lot from the year before like the O. Plus the O had Palmer around all year and started with a healthy McFadden. Also Allen's specialty is supposed to be on the defensive side. So one would think he has a lot of input and should be helping. If Tarver has to go then so does Allen......
    Last edited by DarkLordAlDavis; 12-11-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    Dark Gable and Sardonicus like this.
    In the Kingdom of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King.......

No Quarterback with pick 5. Especially the noodle arm Bridgewater or Carr V2.0.......

Hall of Famer
    His first season as a HC and during a rebuild of an organization and people want a new HC the same people that were gripping when we switched HC's every season. You have to give a coach more than one season to build a roster that will be molded into his vision. These players are mostly from AD and they fit his mold (track stars). Let's see if we can bring in some football players through FA and draft a couple more then if we don't see IMPROVEMENT people can call for his head. This season we were supposed to suck and we did let's move on from this and hope that our HC and GM grew with the experience and will provide a better product in the future. Until then we have our HC and our GM if you don't like it then there are 31 other teams you can root for, as for me I'll stay faithful til the day I die...............................................
    "If your going through HELL, keep going"
    -Winston Churchill-

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by j_sizzle View Post
    Tarver is worse than Bresnahan, his a$$ needs to be shown the door. As for DA we shall see but he ain't showing me anything to have confidence in him.

How about our penalties this season, that problem has hindered this organization for the past 15 seasons always being on the top of the list. He knows how to bring discipline to a team now let's see if he can make actuall football players play football. It's kind of hard to make track stars play football.......................................... .............
    "If your going through HELL, keep going"
    -Winston Churchill-

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by j_sizzle View Post
    Lets just get new coaching staffs every year. It could never be the fault of the players because they can not tackle or stop the run. We have a bunch of always injured undisciplined players. Let fire the coaching staff.
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN
    2014 OAKLAND RAIDERS: BUILDING THE FUTURE ONE PIECE AT A TIME

"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." John Madden
    Join our Social Group: House of Thrills Tailgating Crew. Post your pics. Tell us your experiences.
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/group.php?groupid=10

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Dennis Allen will get another couple of years. He needs to start this offseason addressing his staff, mainly OC, ST and a few other areas. Keep Tarver becuase I want to see what he can do with actual starters instead of old, slow, uninterested 2nd string players.

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider Ran View Post
    Lets just get new coaching staffs every year. It could never be the fault of the players because they can not tackle or stop the run. We have a bunch of always injured undisciplined players. Let fire the coaching staff.
    You forgot bad angles, and absolutely no depth. Yeah, it's definately the coac..... lol!!!! I can't even type stuff that dumb! lol

I'm with you Ran! Logic doesn't seem to be a strong suit for some.

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Saw this article on Fox. Schrager's 2012 NFL coaches on hot seat

Opinion of one guy, but do you notice what name is missing? Seems the only ones I see bashing DA and saying that he lost his team (Duh. You want to see who lost thier team check out Arizona from the weekend.) is from this board.

Live.B.A.Raida is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    I am not on the fire Allen wagon yet but to all his supporters; what has he done or show to deserve another year? This team has regressed in every sense, since he became the HC. Ok, we cut down on penalties, well we were 1 game out the playoffs last year while being the most penalized team in NFL history....

Harmer <Canada> is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Other than reduce penalties what has Allen done. I dont care how useless your roster is you coach the team to be better prepared the next game. The team needs to show something positive as the year continues. We have not seen that in any of the phases of the game. Another important thing a coach does if he sees regression to the point we are at is fire someone! For crying out loud we had Cable take over OC duties when we had Knapp last time. We are last in the league in defense touchdowns allowed, near last in the league in Offense Touchdowns and are the worst in ST play. Why would you keep Allen? You keep a coach if he does or shows something. Im not saying go out and get Gruden but right now we need someone experienced and hard nosed. Dont give me that no coach will come here that is just complete BS! You show the $$ you will get any coach.
    Sardonicus likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information