Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Interesting Tweet regarding Bartell and RM talent evaluation

Hall of Famer

Interesting Tweet regarding Bartell and RM talent evaluation

While I do not want RM fired at all right now, just want to see what people are thinking.

@VicTafur Wow. McKenzie signed Bartell to start and now releases him? I thought he was a supreme talent evaluator? Now I'm dubious! #raiders
    What does everyone think about him Signing Brisiel? Spencer?

His draft picks now that they have almost a whole season under their belt?

Is he the talent evaluator Wolf made him out to be?
    Give Me Production Over Potential
    Quote Originally Posted by OWShaddock View Post
    ...Success earns you the benefit of the doubt. Failure just earns you doubt.....

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Bar tell is maybe a hard one. He was injured last year and as he only signed him for a year he might not have been too confident anyway and took a flier. Just a thought

Hall of Famer

Being that he didn't have the money to go get some big named guy I can't hate. He took a chance on a couple guys that aren't planning out. Can't hit on them all. He did find Streater who everyone had questions about and he seems like he might be a diamond in the rough Al La victor Cruz. He also signed Phillip wheeler who has been our defensive MVP and Philip Adams looks promising. So yeah Bartel didn't work out at least he cut him and didn't over pay him to a long term contract like players in the past were
    My next door neighbor is a Raider fan my 2 neighbors across from me are Raider fans. A Lion fan down the street hung up a Detriot Lions flag outside his house a week ago.
    My neighbors and I hung up Raider Flags today and now it seems like the Lions fan took his down, huh I wonder why he did that?

j_sizzle is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Well Vic is being unfair cause I remember RM going after Tracy Porter who chose to sign with Denver. Ron Bartell and Anthony Spencer where the two best corners available. RM chose to sign those guys instead of going with the young guys cause RM was realistically thinking playoffs and we needed experienced corners. SO I really can't blame RM.

All-Pro
    Once again same nonsense over and over lets fire Mckenzie blah blah people are so dumb. We had no money!!!!!!!!!!!! who was he supposed to sign????? keep stanford routt at 11 mil per year?????? Everyone just shut the hell up and let the guy do his job for a year or two, get the team to a good cap situation and after that if we are still terrible than you can call for the guys head.
    coRaider, dogloop, sameo98 and 5 others like this.

Pro Bowler
    I'M not a big RM guy, however, he did what he could do concerning Bartell. He did not have the money to sign anyone good, no draft picks to draft, so Bartell was purely a stop gap. RM, invested nothing, with nothing really to loose. It was all on Bartell really to showcase to RM, and rest of League he was back after neck injury. He was playing for a contract, his career is most likely over, unless a playoff team needs some depth. He has shown he is injury prone, and a terrible cover guy since his neck injury.
    rhumbob likes this.

Chairman of the Board
    i think the best talent evaluators in the world miss about half the time. I think RM is close to being 50% so far.

I think it's even funnier that when Vic Tafur ( or any media person ) says something someone doesn't like he's a piece of sht who doesnt have a clue. But if he says something someone likes they think it must have merit.
    coRaider and DiehardRaider like this.

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

People around here have made themselves believe that Reggie McKenzie did more for the Packers than he actually did.

Hall of Famer
    I didn,t mind the Bartell and Spencer signings.They were serviceable corners but coming off injuries prior to getting here.Health was the biggest concern and the reason they came on the cheap.Unfortunately they couldn,t stay healthy and it didn,t work out.RM needed serviceable corners on the cheap,they stay healthy=good gamble...they,re hurt=not good.

Brisel was a bad signing,only reason he was brought in was because he was supposed to be a good ZBS lineman...Thankyou again Greg Knapp,the gift that keeps on giving
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    This is why I have Knapps back

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by r8derd View Post
    I'M not a big RM guy, however, he did what he could do concerning Bartell. He did not have the money to sign anyone good, no draft picks to draft, so Bartell was purely a stop gap. RM, invested nothing, with nothing really to loose. It was all on Bartell really to showcase to RM, and rest of League he was back after neck injury. He was playing for a contract, his career is most likely over, unless a playoff team needs some depth. He has shown he is injury prone, and a terrible cover guy since his neck injury.
    I don't have an issue with RM (yet) and I completely agree with you. I love that RM signed guys to one year deals. Guys like Bartel and spencer were risky picks because of injuries and such but instead of mortgaging our future by giving them long term deals he gave them one year deals so if they fail it doesn't hurt us going forward. I hoped Bartel would be able to help us but it didn't workout. Atleast we don't have to worry about a cap hit next year and beyond like we did with Javon Walker.
    coRaider, Lakim, Rainman56 and 1 others like this.

Hall of Famer
    Well let's see here. Given cap issues and without the compliment of a full draft, let's list what RM has done right and done wrong.

Wrong
    Bartell
    Satele
    Brisiel
    Spencer

Right
    Routt
    Wimbley
    Burris
    Wheeler
    Streater

Hall of Famer
    Meh. Porter has been a bigger bust for the Broncos.

Hall of Famer
    I have more of an issue that he signed a bad O lineman in Brisiel for 20 mil instead of signing a good CB to replace the ones he cut

He took a chance on 2 injury prone players and lost out on them. I don't think any GM is gonna hit on every signing and it was ok he didn't, since he wasn't signed to a big contract. It doesn't handcuff the team even more than it already is

Hope we can get a good one in the draft and pick up an FA to help out in the offseason
    signal and Lakim like this.

raider4llf is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Vic didn't tweet that he re-tweeted somebody else's comment to him to show how Raider Nation is currently feeling. Besides, Vic is always dubious... He's a sports writer

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post
    i think the best talent evaluators in the world miss about half the time. I think RM is close to being 50% so far.
    The other key to drafting well is also be good at evaluating talent as they gain experience.Everyone progresses at different rates but the sooner you can move on from the players that "don,t have it" the better.

Take a look at the Pats 1st and 2nd rounders on defense the last number of years.Goes to show you can,t be right all the time.(they have been waaay off)
    Imo you really need to get immediate impact players with your early picks.Not gonna be right every time but definitely can,t have too many busts or projects at that point in the draft...
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    This is why I have Knapps back

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information