Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Dwyane Bowe Anyone?

RyanDaRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board

Dwyane Bowe Anyone?

He is pretty much done for the season in KC. He is on a contract year. He is a guy with sure hands.

Look i know we have young talented guys in Moore, Bey, Streeter, Criner. (even ford when he gets healthy).

But i think we need more of a "vet". A guy who you can depend on to catch the football.

Sure, we need help on defence and on the line, but if we can get a somewhat fair price, i don't see why not target this guy in FA.

Thoughts?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanDaRaider View Post
    He is pretty much done for the season in KC. He is on a contract year. He is a guy with sure hands.

Look i know we have young talented guys in Moore, Bey, Streeter, Criner. (even ford when he gets healthy).

But i think we need more of a "vet". A guy who you can depend on to catch the football.

Sure, we need help on defence and on the line, but if we can get a somewhat fair price, i don't see why not target this guy in FA.

Thoughts?
    unless he can tackle, I don't want him. We have some servicable wide outs, but NOBODY on this team can tackle!
    cheapshotartist likes this.

B. anthracis is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    It'd be nice to have him but we have far more pressing concerns. We have quality WRs. They're just suffering under a crappy system and coaching.

RyanDaRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    unless he can tackle, I don't want him. We have some servicable wide outs, but NOBODY on this team can tackle!
    I hear you man. Like i said, there are DEFINATLY more pressing needs. But i have to be honest, these WRs tend to drop the ball alot. I just feel like we could grab a guy to help out this offence.

Raiders Baby! is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Wants to play for a better team than the Chiefs...I guess technically we're better, but not really. Don't think that's the upgrade he's looking for, so the only way to woo him here would be with a pay day. Reggie isn't going to- and shouldn't- spend the money to get him. Football is a war, and the most important battles are in the trenches not down the field. If we're going to spend big money, get an all-star in the trenches.
    cheapshotartist likes this.

D-Tre is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    He's not going from one losing team to another on purpose.

Hall of Famer
    If your Dwayne Bowe and you hit the open market, would you come to Oakland to play for a rebuilding team?

He has no reason to come here, he's from Miami, he could go there or go to a playoff team.

No sure we could even put together a contract good enough anyway, cap problems aren't over yet.

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    We don't have Duane Bowe money. We have bigger needs than a high priced WR.
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN
    2014 OAKLAND RAIDERS: BUILDING THE FUTURE ONE PIECE AT A TIME

"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." John Madden
    Join our Social Group: House of Thrills Tailgating Crew. Post your pics. Tell us your experiences.
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/groups/house-thrills-tailgating-crew.html

JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    We could use him, but we have bigger needs. The defense of course and I rather have a LG or RT first. It sucks, to suck and have no money. We have Alvin Harper, but no Michael Irvin. A real threat could make Moore, just like Irvin made Harper. Would be good for Streater, Ford, and any other young WR that comes to Oakland with potential. We need the #1 that's elite to put it all together.

x2RedReaper2x is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    He wants out of KC and a fat contract. I don't want another me-first douche on the team.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanDaRaider View Post

Thoughts?
    Dude, no one on this team can catch.. atleast consistently.

D-Tre is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Yeah, dudes seem to think we're even average at wide-out. None of these guys can get open, and when they do, you could bet they'll drop most of the passes.
    Raider Ran and RaiderXLeo like this.

Hall of Famer
    We have 3 of the league leaders in dropped passes. Amazingly, DHB is not one of the 3.

Also... I think Bowe was at the top of this stat for a couple years also.

RaidersfaninDen is offline Limited Membership
    Starter

Dwyane Bowe Anyone?

We NEED a wr to catch the ball thrown to his hands on 3rd down to keep our horrid D off the field. So I say yes I'd sign him.

Hall of Famer
    So many here think we have quality WRs. I beg to differ. What we have are some young guys with potential. Nobody except Meyers seem to know how to create seperation or get open in space. This group could benefit having a wise veteran to learn from but I agree that we have many other needs before this one and Bowe is way out of our price range.
    Ted Nugent being interviewed by a British journalist.
    The journalist asked, "What do you think the last thought is in the head of a deer before you shoot it? Is it, `Are you my friend?` or is it `Are you the one who killed my brother?'"

Nugent replied, "They aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French in that way."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information