Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: A Good Head Coach can make the decisions that bad ones cant

Raiderrayrae is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

A Good Head Coach can make the decisions that bad ones cant

John Harbarugh (spelling) fired his OC because the offense had regressed and Flacco was regressing as well as a qb. Dennis Allen apparently doesnt realize the flaw of hiring and continuing to employ Knapp as an OC had done to this team. The destruction of a top 10 running game, the regression of the receiving core, the regression of Darren Mcfadden and Marcel Reece, and an unimaginative passing game. Another reason DA must go.

raidersx127 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

Lets say it again...Bring back gruden
    Jackson45 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Yeah this was an eye opener for me. I'm also a Ravens fan but I would have thought Harbaugh was gonna boot Pees for having one of the worst defenses in Ravens history before Cameron

Not sure why DA hasn't told Knapp to GTFO and thrown his playbook out the window already. Saying this offense regressed would be kind. It's been a complete meltdown from last season

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Allen needed someone to hold his hand this 1st season. That's why Knapp was hired. Pretty lame.
    Naphtali and gil03 like this.

Hall of Famer
    So suspending McClain, releasing Curry and Bartell...those were bad things? And, again, it's nice to talk about letting Knapp go but who the heck replaces him? Saunders clearly doesn't want to be an OC anymore, otherwise he would've signed on with someone. So who replaces Knapp and, for this season at least, does it really matter? Were Knapp gone, would the Raiders have made the playoffs?

All-Pro

I really hope the rumors are true

I rather go through a few bad years with Gruden who has proven to be a qualified HC than this moron. At least i know i have a HC that knows what he is doing and will do whatever it takes to give the team the best chance to win unlike this clown. Was listening to Satalite radio and someone called in to talk to Gannon. They asked Gannon if he heard anything concerning the rumor of Gruden coming to the Raiders because him and Gruden were close. All Gannon said was that it was bad timing for the PFW article to come out because of DA father's passing and that the raiders have a young Head coach now. I just like reading in between the lines when people dont answer the question that is presented to him.

All-Pro

Those three events arent DA decision

Quote Originally Posted by SLVR and Black View Post
    So suspending McClain, releasing Curry and Bartell...those were bad things? And, again, it's nice to talk about letting Knapp go but who the heck replaces him? Saunders clearly doesn't want to be an OC anymore, otherwise he would've signed on with someone. So who replaces Knapp and, for this season at least, does it really matter? Were Knapp gone, would the Raiders have made the playoffs?
    Those are RM and MD decisions when it comes to the removal and suspending players. DA authority would be limited to playing time. Curry releasing is really a non issue because he is getting paid for this year anyway so there really isnt a benefit outside of a roster spot.

Hall of Famer
    Don,t blame Harbaugh at all.Cameron sucks as bad as Knapp...Unfortunately for Ravens fans they should have canned him before last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    This is why I have Knapps back
    No one owes woodson sh!t and I'm not sure he will ever see the HOF

Marlo Black is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

I follow the ravens a bit. Harbaugh was saving his job. The team was about to quit on him and there were reports of a mutiny. The owner stepped in on this one. Still doesn't change the fact that their QB is a bum.

The ravens have the wrong harbaugh. But he's still an upgrade over Dennis Allen. He just doesn't have X and O knowledge like his brother Jim does.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderrayrae View Post
    Those are RM and MD decisions when it comes to the removal and suspending players. DA authority would be limited to playing time.
    And Allen had no input, got it.

When someone gets removed, it's an organizational move. Reggie likely makes all final decisions (except those regarding his terms of employment), including the hiring and firing of coaches, but it's my guess that he does so using a lot of input.

I'd still love to hear who replaces Knapp though. And again, if Saunders wanted to be an OC, he'd be one, if not with the Raiders, somewhere else. I have a real hard time believing that the best offer that his agent could land for him was his current role.
    rockridgeraider and CLatino like this.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    A rookie player makes bad decisions..that a veteran player doesn't
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

Hall of Famer
    And just when I thought this team was getting a pair of balls back, they reinstate McClain to the team AND we still have Knapp

my gosh, what do these people have to do to get gone? I really hope reinstating this guy was for some other type of punishment and he's not getting back on the field
    rockridgeraider likes this.

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by KrimzonR8R View Post
    And just when I thought this team was getting a pair of balls back, they reinstate McClain to the team AND we still have Knapp

my gosh, what do these people have to do to get gone? I really hope reinstating this guy was for some other type of punishment and he's not getting back on the field
    He had to be reintated because the suspension was over. He has yet to talk to DA and that won't happen until Wednesday. It's not over yet.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_dick_steele View Post
    He had to be reintated because the suspension was over. He has yet to talk to DA and that won't happen until Wednesday. It's not over yet.
    This may all be part of making sure he doesn't win an appeal of the voided guaranteed money. If they keep him for 3 more games, on probation then afterwards they can say that the suspension wasn't just to get out of the money, like the NFLPA will argue.
    Jimi18 and raiderrod like this.

Hall of Famer
    I've got no problem with McClain being reinstated. Might be necessary for legal reasons. I'd be fine with him practicing too, hard, really hard. But I don't want to see this guy on the field in a Raider uniform during an actual game. If he is playing any meaningful role out there, I will lose a lot of respect for Denis and Reggie.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information