Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: A Good Head Coach can make the decisions that bad ones cant

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by B. anthracis View Post
    They could have put a ball throwing machine behind that line and won the Superbowl. That was the only defense to ever shut out an offense in SB history. The only Giants TD came on a kickoff return.

I'm forgetting something... oh yeah: F that fat bastard Tony Siragusa for flopping on Gannon. That's another reason they were able to win the Superbowl. Gruden should have sent in a 330 back-up DT and taken Dildo out at the knees the next time he set foot on the field. That would have evened things up again.
    you know the funny thing about that game...

we knocked out 10 QBs that season.. went soft that game

only fail that Gruden made in Oakland!
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

Hall of Famer
    San Fran suspended Jacobs for the duration of the season due to his venting on twitter.

I feel the Raiders should have either done the same or cut him entirely. What he did was significantly worse than Jacobs just venting.

Not sure how you take this organization serious after this.
    Raider Ran and POKE like this.

Thanks to Blackhole John for the sig!!

Chairman of the Board
    The good decision needed to come before the season. How and why was Knapp even hired as the OC??. I really wish I could have heard the discussion between Allen & McKenzie on that....
    Rainman56 likes this.
    In the Kingdom of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King.......

No Quarterback with pick 5. Especially the noodle arm Bridgewater or Carr V2.0.......

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by R8rNation View Post
    San Fran suspended Jacobs for the duration of the season due to his venting on twitter.

I feel the Raiders should have either done the same or cut him entirely. What he did was significantly worse than Jacobs just venting.

Not sure how you take this organization serious after this.
    Jacobs is making relatively little, San fran can afford to cut him without an eye to the financial consequences. In hindsight, this guy should have been on our roster this year. We should pick him up.

hellbound is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR8ERFAN View Post
    The Ravens went 10-6 and won the division with Kyle Boller at the helm so I'm not sure Dilfer contributed that much to winning.
    ]

kultan is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

It could be worse

It could be Monday and we could be the Cardinals one day after a 58-0 beatdown. Wow
    Raider Ran likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    Jacobs is making relatively little, San fran can afford to cut him without an eye to the financial consequences. In hindsight, this guy should have been on our roster this year. We should pick him up.
    Love your posts Kinz but gotta disagree on bringing in Jacobs.Guy only plays when he feels like it imo.I could be wrong but I,d rather he not play here.My .02.
    kinz likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    This is why I have Knapps back

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    i was reading comments about a Jacobs twitter article and the niner fans were all in consensus that they couldn't wait to see him really rot on the Raiders 2013.

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
    The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
    The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
    A. A. Milne

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by ottomatic1 View Post
    i was reading comments about a Jacobs twitter article and the niner fans were all in consensus that they couldn't wait to see him really rot on the Raiders 2013.
    That is ok we wish all the Niner RB go on the IR and they have to activate him again
    ottomatic1 likes this.
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN
    2014 OAKLAND RAIDERS: BUILDING THE FUTURE ONE PIECE AT A TIME

"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." John Madden
    Join our Social Group: House of Thrills Tailgating Crew. Post your pics. Tell us your experiences.
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/groups/house-thrills-tailgating-crew.html

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SLVR and Black View Post
    I'd still love to hear who replaces Knapp though. And again, if Saunders wanted to be an OC, he'd be one, if not with the Raiders, somewhere else. I have a real hard time believing that the best offer that his agent could land for him was his current role.
    Can you guys stop posting about stuff you know nothing about. You're wrong, Al Saunders does want to be an OC because in the offseason he interviewed for an OC job, I believe it was with KC, and he was turned down. And nobody else has hired him as OC and there is a reason for that.
    Al Davis put Saunders on the staff for veteran support to help Hue as a first year head coach. Its well known that the good and in demand coaches would never work for Al Davis. Thats why we ended up with Saunders in the first place because we couldnt get anyone better.
    Don't assume Al Saunders would get our offense to do what was done last year. That was All Hue, with differrent players, Hues scheme, and better talent. We didn't use Saunders 900 page playbook last year we used Hue's offense.
    I would want Saunders to take over this year only if Knapp was fired during the season, but in the offseason we need someone better than both Knapp and Saunders.
    UptownXguy3 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman56 View Post
    Love your posts Kinz but gotta disagree on bringing in Jacobs.Guy only plays when he feels like it imo.I could be wrong but I,d rather he not play here.My .02.
    Bet you are right on this one. I haven't watched Jacobs that much. Just wish we had signed another back in the offseason.
    Rainman56 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Bet you are right on this one. I haven't watched Jacobs that much. Just wish we had signed another back in the offseason.
    Funny as heck watching Coughlin go 3 shades of red everytime Jacobs started dancing behind the LOS when he was with the Giants...Guy is a loudmouth as well.Like I said when he decides he wants to play and "bring the wood" he can be a wrecking ball but he goes away far to often imo.
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    This is why I have Knapps back

Hall of Famer
    How much someone is making should be irrelevant. Allen and Mackenzie look like clowns for allowing this guy to be retained on the roster.

Hall of Famer
    Or they could have suspended him for the season at the least...

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by R8rNation View Post
    How much someone is making should be irrelevant. Allen and Mackenzie look like clowns for allowing this guy to be retained on the roster.
    The thing is that Spotrac reports something like 5.5-6 mil in guaranteed money still due McClain. If there is a chance they can recoup some or all of that, then I am 100% fine with them not cutting him now, and waiting until the season is over. I don't know the details of these things, but if there is a chance to save millions in cap for the team, I am fine with that.

I certainly don't want this guy playing for us ever again.

Rolando McClain Contract, Salaries, and Transactions

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information