Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2013 here we come

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer

2013 here we come

A couple of games left, and we will be preparing for the draft!!
    time to check out our young players including TP Terrelle Pryor - Ohio State Career Highlights - YouTube

he has to start the last two games i don't care what the coaches are saying, RGIII, Cam newton, and the new 49'ner guy make it clear that the college trent will continue in the NFL.
    So start playing TP see what he can do, otherwise cut him during the offseason.

also we knew this was gonna be a transition year, so next season here we come.

j_sizzle is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Difference between Pryor, Newton, RG3, and Kapernick is that those three guys Newton, RG3 and Kapernick are effective throwing from the pocket which keeps defenses honest... Pryor from what we saw in the preseason and in college is not. I don't why people keep harping on the Pryor bandwagon. Pryor is just gonna be a faster Tim Tebow.

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Pryor starts and the Raiders will move the ball better, score , and win games. This will make Dennis Allen look bad and he will have to answer questions about why the Raiders waited so long to play Terelle.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_Raider_Fan View Post
    Pryor starts and the Raiders will move the ball better, score , and win games. This will make Dennis Allen look bad and he will have to answer questions about why the Raiders waited so long to play Terelle.
    When I saw Pryor play in the preason, a lot of the time he didn't even wait for plays to develop, he just took off and run into sacks or stopped for a small gain. How is that gonna move the ball better? Face it the man is not a QB!!! What makes you think Pryor can play QB when there is overwhelming evidence he can't. I will admit he did have that good game against Detroit in the preason but that one big pass play Criner was streaking wide open so it was an easy throw. Other than that one pass Pryor has shown nothing to make anyone believe accept for youself and the other Pryorettes that he can play QB. If Pryor wants an NFL career his best bet is to swtich positions

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    You mean the preseason game against Detroit where Pryor played the entire second half passing, running, and moving the ball better than the Raiders have moved it since that day ? That game ? I also remember it for the drive home, listening on the radio to Greg Pappa gush like a school girl about Pryor's spectacular performance.
    The coaching staff should have started Pryor three months ago, following the Miami game, when it was clear Palmer was not able to move the offense and was hurting the Raider players around him. Instead of talking about what to do with the top 3 draft pick, right now we could be sending in our money for playoff tickets.

[QUOTE=j_sizzle;3808249]When I saw Pryor play in the preason, a lot of the time he didn't even wait for plays to develop, he just took off and run into sacks or stopped for a small gain.QUOTE]
    UptownXguy3 likes this.

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    You mean the preseason game against Detroit where Pryor played the entire second half passing, running, and moving the ball better than the Raiders have moved it since that day ? That game ? I also remember it for the drive home, listening on the radio to Greg Pappa gush like a school girl about Pryor's spectacular performance.
    The coaching staff should have started Pryor three months ago, following the Miami game, when it was clear Palmer was not able to move the offense and was hurting the Raider players around him. Instead of talking about to do with the top 3 draft pick, right now we could have been sending in our money for playoff tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by j_sizzle View Post
    When I saw Pryor play in the preason, a lot of the time he didn't even wait for plays to develop, he just took off and run into sacks or stopped for a small gain.
    Or do you mean the Cowboys pre season game where he was what? 8/15 for 50 yrds plus 21 yrds rushing?

He had one good pre season game. 1! By your standards Johnnie Morant should have been a Hall of Famer.

All-Pro
    [QUOTE=SF_Raider_Fan;3808258]You mean the preseason game against Detroit where Pryor played the entire second half passing, running, and moving the ball better than the Raiders have moved it since that day ? That game ? I also remember it for the drive home, listening on the radio to Greg Pappa gush like a school girl about Pryor's spectacular performance.
    The coaching staff should have started Pryor three months ago, following the Miami game, when it was clear Palmer was not able to move the offense and was hurting the Raider players around him. Instead of talking about to do with the top 3 draft pick, right now we could have been sending in our money for playoff tickets.

When I saw Pryor play in the preason, a lot of the time he didn't even wait for plays to develop, he just took off and run into sacks or stopped for a small gain.QUOTE]
    Listen you're only taking a part of my post. If you read the entire post I admitted Pryor had a good game. He had one long throw where Criner was wide open and a long run. Oh he only threw the ball 5 times. How many teams get away with throwing the ball only 5 times in a half and win? It doesn't happen often. Let me ask you what happened in the other preseason games... that's right he stunk it up!!! The man is not a QB and never will be

Hall of Famer
    I also remember it for the drive home, listening on the radio to Greg Pappa gush like a school girl about Pryor's spectacular performance.
    ]
    Well, if Papa was gushing then.......

johngalthawkeye is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    I do not think we would be better football team with TP @ qb, and in fact think we would be significantly worse.

However, what we are doing is not working. Put Pryor in there on the off chance that I am wrong. The worst thing that could happen is that we lose football games and get a better draft pick. The best think that can happen is that he shows potential and we may gain a future qb. Seems like a no-brainer to have him play.

Raiderborn89 is offline Banned
    Rookie
    [QUOTE=SF_Raider_Fan;3808258]You mean the preseason game against Detroit where Pryor played the entire second half passing, running, and moving the ball better than the Raiders have moved it since that day ? That game ? I also remember it for the drive home, listening on the radio to Greg Pappa gush like a school girl about Pryor's spectacular performance.

When I saw Pryor play in the preason, a lot of the time he didn't even wait for plays to develop, he just took off and run into sacks or stopped for a small gain.QUOTE]
    I like TP as much as anyone else but he completed 3 passes against detroit man, comeon.

panchovilla is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    T.P. won't be leading the Raiders into the future. If he plays, it'll only be to showcase him for a future trade.

Hall of Famer

2013 here we come

Hall of Famer

2013 here we come

I'm not saying he's the leader for the future, but what needs to happen is a proper evaluation. If he's not cut out than no lose but if he does display an ability to lead his team to victory than let him play!

UptownXguy3 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Let Pryor start the final games since the season is over...you avoid injury to your Injury Prone starting QB and you get to evaluate how the Kid plays under pressure. Playing him in the 4th quarter or doing a package here and there will not determine how good the kid is. We will see if he is a baller or not even with Knapp's horrible playbook..only if he plays a full game.

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownXguy3 View Post
    Let Pryor start the final games since the season is over...you avoid injury to your Injury Prone starting QB and you get to evaluate how the Kid plays under pressure. Playing him in the 4th quarter or doing a package here and there will not determine how good the kid is. We will see if he is a baller or not even with Knapp's horrible playbook..only if he plays a full game.
    I agree, we should see what he cab do, otherwise what is the point in giving himone more year? wouldn't be fair to the kid, what i keep reading is that he works his tail off. So lets see it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information