Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Jersey Help

Rookie

Jersey Help

Hi guys, I hope this is the right place to post this. My favorite jersey design of the raiders is the old school white with silver numbers and black name plate. The only one I can find on Raider Image to fit is the Tim Brown M&N. I loved Touchdown Timmy but it is hard to justify spending close to $300 with shipping for one jersey. With that said is there anywhere I can get a reebok one that isnt a fake from asia? Thanks

Hall of Famer
    Reebok have some throwbacks but I do not like them. They make them 'fake' by putting their logo on them. Plus Reebok is junk, imo. I have seen the Tim Brown one on the Raider Image online.

I got a Desmond Bryant game worn thru josportsco which is the white throwback. It costed tho.

IMO, if you are looking at this type of jersey you are going to pay $300 and up. If you find them cheaper, let me know cuz I would want some.
    THE Raiders 2014 Draft Class:
    Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
    Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
    Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State
    Justin Ellis, NT, Louisiana Tech
    Keith McGill, DB, Utah
    Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio
    Shelby Harris, DE, Illinois State
    Jonathon Dowling, FS, Western Kentucky

QANTAS - even when an engine explodes the catering/service is STILL the biggest disaster on a Qantas flight!!!

Rookie
    Thanks. I was afraid of that. How is Mitchell and Ness quality? It won't hurt to bad to spend that much on it but I don't want it to be a pos either.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber89 View Post
    Thanks. I was afraid of that. How is Mitchell and Ness quality? It won't hurt to bad to spend that much on it but I don't want it to be a pos either.
    Mitchell and Ness quality is excellent, I must say. It is a true, thicker jersey and true to the era of the player. I reckon they are better than the Reebok authentics actually. There was a thread here not so long ago about these jerseys. I think it was RaiderInNY that posted a lot of quality info on jerseys.

Anyway, I rate the Mitchell and Ness and previous Nike authentic jerseys far and above Reebok. I also have a Bo Jackson "Sandknit" from the 80's. Now that was quality (pity it does not fit, lol).
    THE Raiders 2014 Draft Class:
    Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
    Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
    Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State
    Justin Ellis, NT, Louisiana Tech
    Keith McGill, DB, Utah
    Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio
    Shelby Harris, DE, Illinois State
    Jonathon Dowling, FS, Western Kentucky

QANTAS - even when an engine explodes the catering/service is STILL the biggest disaster on a Qantas flight!!!

paul0660 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I have a bunch. I never spent much on mine but got a couple nice ones for Christmas over the years. Once is a Jeff George which passes for Lamonica half the time.

I don't get bent up about what anyone wears, unlike Al, who did. He hated knockoffs. If you can afford to spend $300 go for it. If you can't, just wear black or white with whomever's name and number........or just black or white.

Biletnikoff is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by djh_raider View Post
    Reebok have some throwbacks but I do not like them. They make them 'fake' by putting their logo on them. Plus Reebok is junk, imo. I have seen the Tim Brown one on the Raider Image online.

I got a Desmond Bryant game worn thru josportsco which is the white throwback. It costed tho.

IMO, if you are looking at this type of jersey you are going to pay $300 and up. If you find them cheaper, let me know cuz I would want some.
    The josportsco guy go arrested for counterfeiting..though I strongly that he was making fake Desmond Bryant jerseys on the side....

Memorabilia dealers plead guilty to selling counterfeit game-used jerseys to trading card companies  - NY Daily News

Raider6 1 9 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
    I have a bunch. I never spent much on mine but got a couple nice ones for Christmas over the years. Once is a Jeff George which passes for Lamonica half the time.

I don't get bent up about what anyone wears, unlike Al, who did. He hated knockoffs. If you can afford to spend $300 go for it. If you can't, just wear black or white with whomever's name and number........or just black or white.
    I could never spend $300 for a jersey, hell no, even if I could afford it I wouldn't. The premier reebok throwback jerseys are good enough for me.

BoNeSaW is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber89 View Post
    How is Mitchell and Ness quality? It won't hurt to bad to spend that much on it but I don't want it to be a pos either.
    I have a Mitchell and Ness Howie Long jersey and it's great, nice thick mesh material not the cheap stuff.... I know they are pricey but Im tired of searching for old school players
    and finding nothing but China Fakes.... especially the ones with the Raider shield patch on the front of the jersey, LOL... wtf?

Can send you pics of the M&N one if you want... I like you was hesitant at first, and the online photos they show aren't really accurate, can't see up close.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by BoNeSaW View Post
    I have a Mitchell and Ness Howie Long jersey and it's great, nice thick mesh material not the cheap stuff.... I know they are pricey but Im tired of searching for old school players
    and finding nothing but China Fakes.... especially the ones with the Raider shield patch on the front of the jersey, LOL... wtf?

Can send you pics of the M&N one if you want... I like you was hesitant at first, and the online photos they show aren't really accurate, can't see up close.
    That would be great. Just pm me

snevillio is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Biletnikoff View Post
    The josportsco guy go arrested for counterfeiting..though I strongly that he was making fake Desmond Bryant jerseys on the side....

Memorabilia dealers plead guilty to selling counterfeit game-used jerseys to trading card companies  - NY Daily News
    So is there anyway i'll know if my Fargas jersey from there was a fake or not? I treasure that jersey!

truepirate1966 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Blog Entries
    I just got my Howie long jersey an hour ago, Its a premier vintage collection series 1988 Howie Long replica, made by Rebok . The material is heavier than that of my Carson Palmer Rebok middle grade and the name and #s are sewn on and not screen printed. Im not an expert on jerseys, so if anybody can tell me whether its a good jersey for what I paid(59.95) I would appreciate it.
    Raider6 1 9 likes this.

Pro Bowler
    I got myself a Marcus Allen throwback from Mitchell and Ness but stupid me paid full price/tax at the Raider Image. you can try fansedge website. Full price but no tax and free shipping on orders 50+. you can find a coupon here and there for like 20% off or 15 dollars off.
    Raider6 1 9 likes this.

Raider6 1 9 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by truepirate1966 View Post
    I just got my Howie long jersey an hour ago, Its a premier vintage collection series 1988 Howie Long replica, made by Rebok . The material is heavier than that of my Carson Palmer Rebok middle grade and the name and #s are sewn on and not screen printed. Im not an expert on jerseys, so if anybody can tell me whether its a good jersey for what I paid(59.95) I would appreciate it.
    Did you get it off ebay?I got a Alzado and a Howie Long jersey off of ebay for 59.95, the premier kind, they are great I love them.
    truepirate1966 likes this.

truepirate1966 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider6 1 9 View Post
    Did you get it off ebay?I got a Alzado and a Howie Long jersey off of ebay for 59.95, the premier kind, they are great I love them.
    No I got it through amazon, no bidding, just did an extended search and rummaged through all the affiliated sights until I found the deals I wanted.
    Raider6 1 9 likes this.

Murphys Law is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I'd suggest taking the 300-350 bucks and buy something else. It's your money and you're free to do with it as you please.

I just suggest this as I've put a hold on my Raiders gear purchase just as this 'team' has put a hold on giving two sh!ts about 'excellence'. The holidays are usually the time for my wife to blow it up on Raider Image for my Christmas. Not this year, not a f-n chance.

I already have a sh!t-ton of Raiders gear, so it's easy for me to say no. Do what you want.
    cheapshotartist likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information