Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 109
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Palmer = Jeff George?

  1. #76
    defiance's Avatar
    defiance is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,121
    Ive stuck to my opinion on Carson , he would be ok if we had best o-line n game with killer rb and diff scheme ... ala Troy Aikmen but.... thats it period. I so hope hes not our qb next yr. Gimme a wannabe Tony Romo at least.... Tyler Wilson?

  2. #77
    Live.B.A.Raida is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tha Deep Side of East Oakland
    Posts
    4,805
    Quote Originally Posted by raiders_fan67 View Post
    I think a lot of you play fantasy football and don't know how good Palmer really is. Knapp calling plays is our biggest problem on offense. The one thing I like most about Dennis Allen is he knows Carson is a good quarterback. It is our defense that is the problem and until we add 5 or 6 new players to our team it will never get better. We need to draft all defense in our 1st 3 picks and try to help our OL later. Need to pick up at least 4 players in free agency and we could go to playoffs next year. Why would you want Vick with the year he had. Pryor will never be our starting quarterback so get over it. Carson will prove all of you that are against him that you was wrong no doubt
    I think the people who do play fantasy football over value Palmer. He's okay but reality is he's not that good and hasn't been since 2005. He puts up yards but where's the td's to match and low turn over percentage and wins? When he got here people were excited talking about we have a qb who can put the offense on his shoulders and win without a run game to lean on. His high passing yards is fools gold and oh how those previous statements have retracted of him being able to carry the offense. Now he gets every excuse in the book. He's servicible, but the Raiders need a franchise QB in this new era and Palmer sure isn't it.

  3. #78
    RAIDER_Dave is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,936
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    I guess it all falls on how you see the game

    if you're a guy that just looks at stats, sure, he seems to be having a good season, alot of yards, a few TDs, less picks

    but did anybody watch tony romo last year? had the best STATISTICAL season of his career and nobody who watched the cowboys would say he played good enough for his team to win

    the game has changed so much that its so easy to pad stats its sad, I cant really look at any other sport besides football, where you can literally rack up stats while losing every week

    can't do it in baseball, cant do it in hockey, cant do it in basketball, because almost all of those sports build their statistics primarily around scoring and defensive plays

    football, you have yardages and catches that really cant translate into any indication on how the game really went, palmer's stats are just as inflated as brandon myers and theres an article on both of these guys calling them the "garbage time kings"

    Palmer takes advantage of garbage time, again - NFL- NBC Sports
    Brandon Myers, garbage-time hero | Roto Arcade - Yahoo! Sports


    care to explain these links and tell us why the entire world outside this website sees things the way they are?
    Carson Palmer so far this year.
    47.5% of yardage with 46% of attempts in the first half.
    52.5% of yardage with 54% of attempts in the second half.
    52.5% to 47.5% is hardly "Garbage time King". In fact Palmers yardage per attempt is better in the first half of games.

    It is true that Myers stats are heavily skewed to the 4th qtr.

  4. #79
    NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,114
    yes

    and it just so happens his "production" doubles at the end of each half???

    q1-52 pass attempts
    q2-95 pass attempts
    q3-68 pass attempts
    q4-109 pass attempts


    coincidence? No, it isn't

    carson palmer is 10-25 126 yards and 1 TD when holding a lead by atleast 1 point

    EVERYTHING ELSE was gained while playing from behind

    126 yards

    thats it.

  5. #80
    JUSTWINBABY9111's Avatar
    JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    A person with talent has a natural aptitude or inclication toward a particular activity or ability. You mention running and jumping high, to me that is athleticism, not talent in the reference we would make the term talent applicable where, which is to say talented at the game of football. Having the athletic ability to run fast or jump high is not teachable but that doesn't mean you have a talent for the game of football either. I see three descriptive attributes here in evaluating a player:

    1. Athletic Ability: the players natural physical ability to perform tasks, e.g. running, jumping, etc.
    2. Natural Talent: the players instincts for the game of football, e.g. how natural does the game come to the player.
    3. Skill: how effective is the player at performing his craft. This is the most teachable, or even only teachable aspect of a player.

    Just some additional thoughts.
    You get some claps from me...

  6. #81
    Live.B.A.Raida is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tha Deep Side of East Oakland
    Posts
    4,805
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    yes

    and it just so happens his "production" doubles at the end of each half???

    q1-52 pass attempts
    q2-95 pass attempts
    q3-68 pass attempts
    q4-109 pass attempts


    coincidence? No, it isn't

    carson palmer is 10-25 126 yards and 1 TD when holding a lead by atleast 1 point

    EVERYTHING ELSE was gained while playing from behind

    126 yards

    thats it.
    Hey Claps don't be posting numbers that does not show Carson in a positive way! Lol

  7. #82
    RAIDER_Dave is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,936
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    yes

    and it just so happens his "production" doubles at the end of each half???

    q1-52 pass attempts
    q2-95 pass attempts
    q3-68 pass attempts
    q4-109 pass attempts


    coincidence? No, it isn't

    carson palmer is 10-25 126 yards and 1 TD when holding a lead by atleast 1 point

    EVERYTHING ELSE was gained while playing from behind

    126 yards

    thats it.
    He's thrown 25 out of 324 passes with a lead this year.
    So we come out at the beginning of games and beginning of second half and try to establish some sort of running game. It doesn’t work at all and we end up passing every play in the second and fourth quarters. Is that all Palmers fault?
    Maybe you should petition the coaching staff to stop throwing so much when the running game is getting stuffed and we’re falling behind because it really upsets you to see Palmer with such inflated stats.

  8. #83
    LINQ's Avatar
    LINQ is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Bay
    Posts
    18,532
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    EVERYTHING ELSE was gained while playing from behind
    Terrible argument. The Raiders are possibly the worst team in the NFL. They are undoubtedly one of the bottom 3. Playing from behind should be expected when your defense consistently parts like the Red Sea. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. Blame who you like, but the truth is the coaches suck, the players suck, and the scheme sucks.

  9. #84
    NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,114
    Quote Originally Posted by LINQ View Post
    Terrible argument. The Raiders are possibly the worst team in the NFL. They are undoubtedly one of the bottom 3. Playing from behind should be expected when your defense consistently parts like the Red Sea. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. Blame who you like, but the truth is the coaches suck, the players suck, and the scheme sucks.
    whats the defense got to do with the fact we always get the ball on the opening kickoff?

    have we had atleast 1 opening TD drive this season? how is that the defense's fault?

  10. #85
    NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,114
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER_Dave View Post
    He's thrown 25 out of 324 passes with a lead this year.
    So we come out at the beginning of games and beginning of second half and try to establish some sort of running game. It doesn’t work at all and we end up passing every play in the second and fourth quarters. Is that all Palmers fault?
    Maybe you should petition the coaching staff to stop throwing so much when the running game is getting stuffed and we’re falling behind because it really upsets you to see Palmer with such inflated stats.
    so he holds no responsibility for the offense being stagnant? i thought we got this guy because we could win games with his arm on days we cant run the football?

    why the change of heart?

  11. #86
    JoeKiev's Avatar
    JoeKiev is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,302
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    so he holds no responsibility for the offense being stagnant? i thought we got this guy because we could win games with his arm on days we cant run the football?

    why the change of heart?
    aCtuyally, if you compare the QB ratings of Campbell vs. Palmer when it comes to a running game that is less than 150, Palmer is superior to camp by a long shot. Our problems have been with the running game and defense. Palmer has played as well as expected in the grand scheme of things.

    But let's not act as if you care. If Jason Camp or Jruss was in the same situation, with the same stats, you would be crying how it is not there fault. How do I know? Because you have done it before time and time again. Don't make me go through your old posts.

    Bottom line is that you are doing nothing but trolling, because you have unresolved discrimination issues. You know. I know it.

    Enough is enough Claps. Find a new hobby. I think most people are tired of you trashing everyone's threads with your Carson Palmer hate. Get a grip.

  12. #87
    NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,114
    lets put this argument to rest once and for all


    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-garbage-time/


    this should pretty much end all the discussion.

  13. #88
    RAIDER_Dave is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,936
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    lets put this argument to rest once and for all


    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-garbage-time/


    this should pretty much end all the discussion.
    Again, what do you want? Do want Palmer to stop throwing when we fall behind? It's just ruining your every day that he gets all these garbage time stats?
    Your chart proves nothing. If the chart put the argument to rest like you claim, then why hasn't Brady Quinn and Matt Cassell put up big numbers? What's wrong with Vick and Foles? Gabbert? Sanchez? Why aren't they putting up big garbage time numbers?
    Three guys at the bottom have put up decent numbers. Romo, Stafford, and Palmer.

  14. #89
    JoeKiev's Avatar
    JoeKiev is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,302
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER_Dave View Post
    Again, what do you want? Do want Palmer to stop throwing when we fall behind? It's just ruining your every day that he gets all these garbage time stats?
    Your chart proves nothing. If the chart put the argument to rest like you claim, then why hasn't Brady Quinn and Matt Cassell put up big numbers? What's wrong with Vick and Foles? Gabbert? Sanchez? Why aren't they putting up big garbage time numbers?
    Three guys at the bottom have put up decent numbers. Romo, Stafford, and Palmer.
    Zappo!

  15. #90
    raiderfan_1990 is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27

    Palmer = Jeff George?

    Attention all palmer haters!! Carson Palmer has thrown 13 td passes since week 9 and is tied with Brady and Peyton manning in td passes since week 9 that tells u alot that he is not the problem in Oakland he's doing his job and that's with no veterans at wr. Can't wait to update our roster this off season!!! We may be 3 and 10 but I'm looking forward to next season!!! We need to dump Darren McFadden don't get me wrong he is a beast but is a injury machine he can't stay healthy and the zone blocking scheme is here to stay but we do have to get rid of our oc Greg knapp he is straight trash.
    Yogi likes this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •