Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Raiders reply to Gruden rumor

SC Raider is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie

Raiders reply to Gruden rumor

Raiders respond to Gruden rumor - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

An e-mail from Raiders director media relations Zak Gilbert on the “rumor” that Jon Gruden could be rejoining the Raiders . . .

Members of the media: There are two people on this planet that have the ability to make talks happen between Jon Gruden and the Raiders, with regard to him allegedly taking over the football operations, and/or the position of head coach. Each of those individuals, owner Mark Davis and general manager Reggie McKenzie, wanted me to communicate that this rumor has no validity whatsoever. And for the record, I’m personally disgusted that Hub Arkush would spread such an untruth on the day our head coach, Dennis Allen, had to determine with his mom, his brother and sister, whether to take his dad off life support or wait and hope that he would regain consciousness. Dennis didn’t have an opportunity to say goodbye to his dad, but he did have an opportunity to take a phone call regarding Hub’s story.

Pro Bowler
    And there you have it. Let's move on please.
    bgrn, Jimi18, raiderArt and 9 others like this.
    I'll give you black sensations up and down your spine
    If you're into evil, you're a friend of mine
    See the white light flashing as I split the night
    Cos if good's on the left then I'm sticking to the right

Hells Bells - ACDC

r8erray is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    This means nothing of course they are going to deny it we won't know nothing till the season is over.

Veteran
    Your avatar is absolutely amazing

I share the disgust with the timing of the rumor
    Chewy316 and rhumbob like this.

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

I really don't see why anyone would think either side would admit to this at this point and time. Especially considering what just happened with Allen's father.
    guydon, Sardonicus and AF1PIMPN like this.

Chairman of the Board
    Some of us knew, others simply didn't want to listen.

Speculation is exactly that - and the "job" of media types.
    "Be on time, pay attention, and play like Hell when I tell you to" - John Madden's three and only rules.

Mahalo Blackhole John

Hall of Famer
    I think it's silly for anyone to think Gruden would actually come back here, the guy wants to go on a team that can win now (or at the very least not be in a "re-building" mode)
    "The massive Raider Nation is beyond doubt the sleaziest and rudest and most sinister mob of thugs and wackos ever assembled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Mckenzie
    The Raiders organization, with respect and deference to all its tradition and history, is about to embark on a new era...As we embark on this new era of change, one thing will remain constant and that is our Commitment to Excellence
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us special thanks to Ayso

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Jack 34 View Post
    Your avatar is absolutely amazing

I share the disgust with the timing of the rumor
    HEY!!!!! that's my women!!!

oh yeah simply a rumor
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Thanks.

Starter

Of course they would deny even if the rumors are true. And in regards to Gruden bit wanting to come here why not? He loves the raiders and is pissed about the fact people say he won with Dungys team. Perfect time to build his own team and show he can build a winner. All wishful thinking at this point.
    guydon and Sardonicus like this.

dry23 is offline Banned
    Veteran
    Why would Gruden want to come back? He's getting paid tons of cash to be the Monday Night guy and he gets to spend time with his family. Why would he leave all that to come to a team with salary cap issues for the next 2-3 years.

Chairman of the Board
    To bad the former Raider Minister of DIS-information John Herrera didn't give that Gruden statement.....

It's not over until the fat lady belts out a tune. 4-12 or 3-13 will do that for Mark Davis.....
    In the Kingdom of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King.......

No Quarterback with pick 5. Especially the noodle arm Bridgewater or Carr V2.0.......

Hall of Famer
    I think the only way to ever get Gruden back would be to offer him a Ton of Money and some control he has it good where he is now why come back other than try to prove a point..

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by IERaiderFan View Post
    I think the only way to ever get Gruden back would be to offer him a Ton of Money and some control he has it good where he is now why come back other than try to prove a point..
    For what it's worth...

People in the Phil area know who Howard Eskin is. He might be an AssClown. But he gets good inside info on the E-Girls and other local teams. He said a few weeks ago that there was a good chance Gruden will coach the E-Girls next year. So I do think there is a real good chance Gruden will come back and coach some NFL team. I just hope it isn't Philly......Misery loves company. Having Phil also suck this year takes some of my pain away. There isn't a team I hate more....Aso also does a show after E-Girl games. They are becoming comical.....
    In the Kingdom of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King.......

No Quarterback with pick 5. Especially the noodle arm Bridgewater or Carr V2.0.......

Okie is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I believe this press release as much as i believe the Gruden talk to begin with. Ill believe it when i see it, either way.

"I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."
    "I don't know how many times I've got to respond to rumor and innuendo," Saban said. "I have no control over that. I've stated what my intentions are and they really haven't changed, so I don't know what the issue is. And I don't know why people keep asking about it. What they talk about over there is their business. But what's happening here is my business and our business, and that's what we're focused on."

LoL

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information