Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Raiders reply to Gruden rumor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidermofojeff View Post
    I just don't wanna see him go to the Queefs or the Dischargers.......
    And us be stuck with DA for another losing season and then fire him anyway!

paul0660 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Gruden is making 4 million a year doing MNF. If he trades that SEVENTEEN DAYS of work for the 80 hour weeks of a NFL coach, I don't want him.

Raiders Baby! is online now Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
    Gruden is making 4 million a year doing MNF. If he trades that SEVENTEEN DAYS of work for the 80 hour weeks of a NFL coach, I don't want him.
    Gruden isn't your typical commentator. I saw a segment on him on HBO Sports and the man wakes up at 3am every day and goes to the office where he films QB Corner to study tape of the teams that he's covering that week. The man has a dizzying amount of tapes, organized by team, play type, player etc. and he claims to have watched at least 80% of them. Oh, and if his broadcasting team isn't putting in the same kind of effort he is, he calls them to task. The man is still a coach at heart and has been preparing for his return, he just happens to sit in the box and talk about what he learned about a team instead of game planning for them.
    UptownXguy3 likes this.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by r8erray View Post
    This means nothing of course they are going to deny it we won't know nothing till the season is over.
    Perhaps you should re-read the bottom part of that quote in the OP. It's pretty cut and dry.

paul0660 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders Baby! View Post
    Gruden isn't your typical commentator. I saw a segment on him on HBO Sports and the man wakes up at 3am every day and goes to the office where he films QB Corner to study tape of the teams that he's covering that week. The man has a dizzying amount of tapes, organized by team, play type, player etc. and he claims to have watched at least 80% of them. Oh, and if his broadcasting team isn't putting in the same kind of effort he is, he calls them to task. The man is still a coach at heart and has been preparing for his return, he just happens to sit in the box and talk about what he learned about a team instead of game planning for them.
    I saw that, didn't believe much of it. If what we see on MNF is a result of that work schedule, I don't want him again. He would need a jar of bennies to get through a week as a NFL coach.

To be clear, I would love to see Jon working with the Raiders. I just think most members here have no clue what he does now, what he would do then, and what it would take for him to come here. Although the club is not dysfunctional at the top any more, it is thin on talent and draft picks, and poor to boot. Not what the preeminent candidate for HC would prefer to step into.

Lestermahoney is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders Baby! View Post
    I saw that too. That's why I don't think he'd miss a beat as coach. Talent evaluator...fuhgetaboutit.

AZR8rFan is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian Raider View Post
    Some of us knew, others simply didn't want to listen.

Speculation is exactly that - and the "job" of media types.

I will be shocked if we dont trade McFadden in the off-season to get another 1st rounder.

Seymour, Kelly, half our CB dud rounds, and Heyward-Bey are all toast. Whoever comes in should have a decent group to start with, a couple draft picks, and some cash to spend on some fresh fish. Don't underestimate the power of creativity.

Furthermore, this job is more than just a job. If these guys don't want to be Raiders, they need to go, I don't care how good they are. You saw it with Foolando McClain, no heart, no job, no point to him being here. Same goes for Kelly and Seymour and Heyward-Bey, step up and play or GTFO.

A Coach like Gruden or Singleterry is what we need. We need a players coach, a guy that kicks ass and demands you play or you leave.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by AZR8rFan View Post
    I will be shocked if we dont trade McFadden in the off-season to get another 1st rounder.

Seymour, Kelly, half our CB dud rounds, and Heyward-Bey are all toast. Whoever comes in should have a decent group to start with, a couple draft picks, and some cash to spend on some fresh fish. Don't underestimate the power of creativity.

Furthermore, this job is more than just a job. If these guys don't want to be Raiders, they need to go, I don't care how good they are. You saw it with Foolando McClain, no heart, no job, no point to him being here. Same goes for Kelly and Seymour and Heyward-Bey, step up and play or GTFO.

A Coach like Gruden or Singleterry is what we need. We need a players coach, a guy that kicks ass and demands you play or you leave.
    Mike Singletary! NO WAY! He sucked when he coached the 49ers. He would have this team hating him day one.
    I'll give you black sensations up and down your spine
    If you're into evil, you're a friend of mine
    See the white light flashing as I split the night
    Cos if good's on the left then I'm sticking to the right

Hells Bells - ACDC

BVJ
    Hall of Famer
    There is no rb in the nfl that would garnish a 1st round pick, and definitely not dmc who has been healthy about 50% of the time.

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    There's a poll going on over on the Chargers forum about who they'd want to replace Turner. Who's #1?! You guessed it, Jon Gruden. I would puke myself into a coma if that were to happen.
    WAR and Raiders Baby! like this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    There's a poll going on over on the Chargers forum about who they'd want to replace Turner. Who's #1?! You guessed it, Jon Gruden. I would puke myself into a coma if that were to happen.
    If that doesn't motivate Mark Davis to get Gruden then this organization is in a world of trouble.

ApOcAlYpSe is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by twoutrally View Post
    If that doesn't motivate Mark Davis to get Gruden then this organization is in a world of trouble.
    If Mark Davis is motivated to make decisions by a Chargers fan forum poll this organization is in a world of trouble.
    DSOTM and Raiders Baby! like this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ApOcAlYpSe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twoutrally View Post
    If Mark Davis is motivated to make decisions by a Chargers fan forum poll this organization is in a world of trouble.
    Yeah that's what I meant

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    a lot of time when the denials are the strongest the rumors are true you are over compensating!!
    "Darth Vader is a punk compared to Al Davis," Hunter S Thompson

rbzak is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I don't know. He would probably want a ton more control over personnel and he didn't exactly knock things out of the park in TB. I don't even remember players he drafted but what I do remember is that AFTER he started drafting, TB took a nose dive real quick. Granted, he's an offense minded type so the defense losing a bit was to be expected but the offense taking a sh!t was something that wasn't supposed to happen.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information