Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: You guys still against a mobile QB?

Silver Sabbath is offline Banned
    Starter

You guys still against a mobile QB?

The offense R3 is running can score on any defense with little difficulty. Tannehill, Kaepernick, Wilson, Newton, even Luck all mobile QBs. Wilson drove the Bears defenders insane yesterday.
    UptownXguy3 likes this.

underdog is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    can you provide links to people saying being mobile is a bad thing because i do not remember anyone having an issue with it. I just remember people not having an issue with a non mobile qb
    foodisgood70 and B. anthracis like this.

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Michael Vick this offseason?

Hall of Famer
    I'm not opposed to the mobile QB, but also know it's the dropback in the pocket QB who wins the Superbowl!
    r8derd likes this.

UptownXguy3 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Sabbath View Post
    The offense R3 is running can score on any defense with little difficulty. Tannehill, Kaepernick, Wilson, Newton, even Luck all mobile QBs. Wilson drove the Bears defenders insane yesterday.
    Problem is Knapp would have to create a new playbook for a mobile QB...He changed his playbook in 09 to benefit the pass.

blah_blah is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    RG3 is a pocket QB who can run.. just because his offensive line sucks ass and he has to run for his life.... and the Shannahans want to get him killed by running him 500 times a year, doesn't make him a "mobile" QB. Kid is a pocket QB first. Just the best athletic QB we have seen... And what Vick wishes he was.. If RG3 played in front of an offensive line that can actually block, you wouldn't see him run as much. Kid can actually pass inside the pocket.
    Luck is a pocket QB who can run... I would classify Tannehill and Kaepernick in the same boat.. while Kaepernick could run, his days in Nevada he did more passing in the pocket in that pistol offense.

Wilson is the only one I can say a mobile QB who can win games.. Cam Newton? WAY too inconsistent and a mental midget.

Hall of Famer
    I don't think anyone is against a mobile QB as long as he can pass.
    RaiderFootball and ottomatic1 like this.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by blah_blah View Post
    RG3 is a pocket QB who can run.. just because his offensive line sucks ass and he has to run for his life.... and the Shannahans want to get him killed by running him 500 times a year, doesn't make him a "mobile" QB. Kid is a pocket QB first. Just the best athletic QB we have seen... And what Vick wishes he was.. If RG3 played in front of an offensive line that can actually block, you wouldn't see him run as much. Kid can actually pass inside the pocket.
    Luck is a pocket QB who can run... I would classify Tannehill and Kaepernick in the same boat.. while Kaepernick could run, his days in Nevada he did more passing in the pocket in that pistol offense.

Wilson is the only one I can say a mobile QB who can win games.. Cam Newton? WAY too inconsistent and a mental midget.
    Your handle says it all. They are all mobile QBs like I said and I never said they couldn't pass from the pocket. Out of all your little one liners, I'd have to say the funniest one is Kaepernick did more passing than running in Nevada as you prove he isn't mobile. In between all that passing, he somehow squeezed out 4000 yards rushing in that pistol offense.

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by underdog View Post
    can you provide links to people saying being mobile is a bad thing because i do not remember anyone having an issue with it. I just remember people not having an issue with a non mobile qb
    lol

dudes say that stupid sh*t on here every single day.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    lol

dudes say that stupid sh*t on here every single day.
    He should read some of the responses in this thread for proof. Some guy just claimed a man who ran for 4000 in college does not qualify as a mobile QB so that he wouldn't have to agree with me.

Raiderrayrae is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

RG3 is a pocket/mobile passer

he is rare and can do both. The funny thing about it we got they same prototype as our third string qb who we dont use. TP i believe is just as effective and was doing the same things RG3 did in college. I think we got the wrong coaching staff for developing a qb unlike the redskins and colts. If this Gruden rumor comes true and the people he will bring in will develop TP properly, i truly believe that.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderrayrae View Post
    he is rare and can do both. The funny thing about it we got they same prototype as our third string qb who we dont use. TP i believe is just as effective and was doing the same things RG3 did in college. I think we got the wrong coaching staff for developing a qb unlike the redskins and colts. If this Gruden rumor comes true and the people he will bring in will develop TP properly, i truly believe that.
    Look around the league, it is becoming LESS rare. I don't think much of Ponder or Locker, but they were picked high because of their mobility, not their razor sharp passing. But I gotta disagree with you on Gruden who did a bang up job with Tui.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderrayrae View Post
    Seriously??
    Do you really think Pryor is anywhere near the passer RG3 is?
    Mr Terrific and Raiders Baby! like this.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER_Dave View Post
    Seriously??
    Do you really think Pryor is anywhere near the passer RG3 is?
    I don't, but that isn't the point. The point I was making is you can do more things on offense with a mobile QB.

Hall of Famer
    A QB that can run aint sh!t unless he can make quick decisions and get rid of the ball quick. A QB that makes quick decisions helps when you have a sh!tty OL as we do. If he can run when everyone is covered. Great. But look to pass first and make a quick decision before you run. If you dont do that you are Tim Tebow. Also why i think Pryor needs to sit more. He is slow to make up his mind and quick to run. That is based on his college days. Not on his 5 pass attempts from preseason.
    Give Me Production Over Potential
    Quote Originally Posted by OWShaddock View Post
    ...Success earns you the benefit of the doubt. Failure just earns you doubt.....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information