Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: You guys still against a mobile QB?

Silver Sabbath is offline Banned
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ecnirp View Post
    Russell Wilson has the highest efficiency rating in NCAA history. RG3 was 2nd.

Andrew Luck is athletic as Cam (from a combine point of view) but is viewed as the best passing prospect since Manning or Elway.

Cam.... has JaMarcus Russell/ Jay Cutler type arm strength.

Colin Kaepernick reportedly is in the top tier of "throwing velocity"

Pryor throws ducks.

Until he gets that fixed, its no point in talking about him.

If Pryor had a cannon? I'd be more acceptable of the lack of accuracy, pocket poise, etc. Cause I'd at least know he has the tools or foundation as a passer to build on.

RG3, Luck, Wilson...just have a natural feel for the passing game.
    Pryor is actually a pretty good deep ball thrower, but I can't disgree with most of what you said. Nevertheless, I want to see him on the field.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ecnirp View Post
    You're missing the point...They also benefit from the creativity and the fact that RG3 can throw it over the defense head. Thats the fear. The creative design and play calling....and the threat that RG3 can beat you deep or make the smart decision.

I didnt want Hue back as HC. But in terms of Pryor? Using his skill set to get the best results? Hue would make better use of Pryor than Knapp.

Pryor would STRUGGLE if he tried to run this offense. Let him learn, HOPE he improves his arm and see what happens in a couple years (if he gets that)
    Did you mean to say I am missing the point??? I agree with that point completely and just finished explaining that very point to another poster. That's what I have been trying to tell everyone in this now godforsaken thread. Mobile QBs are being TRUSTED and UTILIZED in the NFL and teams are investing high picks in them.

And yes, Hue would have utlized Pryor, Reece and company to the max IF he didn't have the Palmer option! When Hue traded the world for Palmer, so went the effectiveness of his offense. He all of a sudden wanted to beam the ball all over the field.

Worrier is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Sabbath View Post
    Pryor is actually a pretty good deep ball thrower, but I can't disgree with most of what you said. Nevertheless, I want to see him on the field.
    I was waiting for someone to say that, and it's true the guy can toss the ball up deep, but watch him try to complete 7-12 yard passes, swing passes, screens? The stuff you need to do on third down, anything that requires touch? He can't do it.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Worrier View Post
    I was waiting for someone to say that, and it's true the guy can toss the ball up deep, but watch him try to complete 7-12 yard passes, swing passes, screens? The stuff you need to do on third down, anything that requires touch? He can't do it.
    But he can run for 1st downs when coverage is downfield which Palmer cannot do. And his running can help to keep defenses honest instead of all out blitzing or dropping everyone back in coverage. Palmer will not even threaten to run. Even Eli Manning will scramble on occasion.

Hall of Famer
    The offense R3 is running can score on any defense with little difficulty. Tannehill, Kaepernick, Wilson, Newton, even Luck all mobile QBs. Wilson drove the Bears defenders insane yesterday.
    Who the fukk doesn't want a mobile QB......It's just that the smart people want one that is a pocket passer who can read defenses........RG3 Hell yeah.......Vick.....Hell no and so on......Mobility never the less is a must.....

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidermofojeff View Post
    Who the fukk doesn't want a mobile QB......It's just that the smart people want one that is a pocket passer who can read defenses........RG3 Hell yeah.......Vick.....Hell no and so on......Mobility never the less is a must.....
    Who the fukk said they didn't want their mobile QB to be a pocket passer, smart guy? Furthermore, who the fukk mentioned Michael Vick??

Hall of Famer
    Whats the point of this thread? Someone doesn't like pocket passers? The most important quality in a QB is winning. If they are mobile, a statue, short, tall, weak arm, strong arm, quick decision, slow decision, anything else. Its whether that guy has figured out how to maximize his skill set, whatever that may be, and help the team. That will never change in the NFL. RG3 and Luck both do that. Id take either of them.
    "The proudness is Rich Gannon wore the famed colors silver and black for six years. He gave us something that we needed, and we needed it badly. He gave us a worker." -Al Davis

"Who runs this drill? The quarterbacks! We run the show! We make the big money! This is our party! You've got to take control!" -Rich Gannon

Kool-aid has always been a little sweet for me. I take mine with a grain of salt.

BadRC51 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

You guys still against a mobile QB?

IMO defenses will get up to speed on RG3 by next year he will be as relevant as Cam or Vick. They are great to watch but someone like Manning or Brady will eat you up in the end. JMHO

Hall of Famer
    Mobility is a good thing, but we can't expect that from Palmer, not the way we would want it anyway...

Hall of Famer
    Who the fukk said they didn't want their mobile QB to be a pocket passer, smart guy? Furthermore, who the fukk mentioned Michael Vick??
    Fair enough, maybe my statement was presumptuous. but your thread does imply that a significant part of RFN are against mobile QBs.....which is ridiculous....
    ShadowRage41 and foodisgood70 like this.

ShadowRage41 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidermofojeff View Post
    Fair enough, maybe my statement was presumptuous. but your thread does imply that a significant part of RFN are against mobile QBs.....which is ridiculous....
    The topic is pure hyperbole. That being said, I am not against a mobile QB, if he is smart and moves around well, only running when it is opportunistic, as opposed to the first thought as the play develops. I am fine with it, IMHO most everyone on the board would be as well. provided the QB is good.
    Raidermofojeff likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Is this lame thread still going?

Pryor can run. He cant throw. He has horrible mechanics and a slow release. Can he read a defense and make smart audibles? And no i dont mean check into a run on every damn audible like Campbell did. I cannot see him being any smarter then Campbell for that matter.

Why start him again? We already have a RB.
    Give Me Production Over Potential
    Quote Originally Posted by OWShaddock View Post
    ...Success earns you the benefit of the doubt. Failure just earns you doubt.....

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFootball View Post
    We already have a RB.
    This is actually debatable, but never the less I don't want a raw QB as my RB...

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    LOL! They adjusted to Vick and the Eagles offense?? Yeah, they realized you could run a bunch of hearty 6 six graders through that line and that Andy will pass on each and every 1st down.
    That offense got Vick to the Pro Bowl in his first year with all the big plays. Teams adjusted and now it's two years running neck and neck identical records with the Raiders. Defenses always adjust to take away what running QB's do best but year after year they can never shut down the Manning, Brees, Brady, etc because you can't stop an elite pocket passer.
    Lol@ "teams adjusted"

Start watching more games, the eagles have issues with fumbling and defense. The horrible line compounds the issue. That offense was still top flight despite the issues

Can't say the same here.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information